“It was very depressing and had to leave and find another hotel!”

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Ranked #52 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I booked this hotel on priceline for a very reasonable rate HOWEVERit was not anywhere near the beach! It islocated on the Mayo clinic and it is unfortunately like visting a hospcie facility. We checked in since I had already paid for it and put our luggage down and took a tour of the compound. Afet seeing many frail and sick people I knew I could not have a romantic evening here and we immediately checked out and moved to anothe hotel that is on the beach. There is nothing by this hotel other than the hospital. Extremely upsetting experience and there was no refund to be had since it was a Priceline deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KIMCHIZ

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I hve been a patient at the Mayo Clinic for almost 4 years and I always stay here. The staff is always helpful, efficient and kind. They ensure that you have everything that you need when you need it. You always get a wonderful smile and people that work hard to make your stay the most enjoyable it can be.
The restaurant is excellent with a wide range of foods and is open for daily meals allowing you to pick your time for eating.
The Hotel has recently been remodeled from top to bottom. This impressed me as I thought it was fine as it was.
The General manager takes a personal interest in his customers and the response of his staff to his customers. The management of this Hotel is always ahead of the curve. This shows the traits of diligence, discipline and vision.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank APC925
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you like the renovation and the new Lobby. I am going to share your review with the staff!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel and is an A+ in my book. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was helpful. Our room was on the first floor and poolsidev absolutly beautiful and very clean. My husband and I sat out on the porch after dinner and enjoyed some adult beverages listening to the tranquil sounds of the night.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DianaLovesTravel

I appreciate the great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our tranquil and peaceful surroundings.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our check-in earns this hotel 5 stars for service. Chuck, the desk clerk, went way beyond the call-of-duty to help us with my wife's lost pocketbook which contained cash, glasses, credit cards and other essentials. It had been left at a Burger-King 150 miles back in Orlando. Chuck tracked down the correct B-K, called the manager there and helped us arrange recovery.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with Chuck. He truly showed that Marriott Service that we provide all of our guests.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Nice wooded hotel setting (except the association with the Mayo Clinic is a little creepy).
Positives:
nice room decor
balcony
nice size flat-panel HDTV
in-room fridge
free in-room internet (wired), wifi in lobby
Negatives:
no bathtub - shower only
dead battery in door lock caused card keys not to work - had to switch rooms

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

I appreciate the great review. I did want to let you know that the hotel does have bathtubs. Half of the hotel has walk in showers and half has shower/tub combination. Next time you stay just ask for a room with a tub.

Reviewed 11 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a business-related meeting at the Mayo Clinc (adjacent to this hotel.) This is a convenient hotel for Mayo clinic patients, but this is the ONLY advantge I can see for staying at this hotel. There is MAJOR construction taking place both around the exterior and inside this hotel. There were construction workers right outside my door in the morning shouting, drilling, hammering, etc. I could hear every word my "neighbors" in the adjoining suite had to say. I will NOT return to this hotel. I paid $159.00 for my night in this hotel and this was not a good value for the $$.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dhookcrm

I am very sorry that you had construction going on when you visited the hotel. We were under a lobby and guestroom renovation during the time that you stayed. The hotel has completed it's renovation in January and looks great. If you come back to town again, give the hotel another try.

Reviewed 17 November 2010

I stayed here for several days because my mother was having heart surgery at Mayo Clinic. I did not know until I got there that the rooms do not have microwaves and that breakfast is not free. There was a tiny fridge in the room with a freezer not large enough to hold more than one frozen meal. Silly me for assuming there would be a microwave. The doors slam, outdoor and hallway traffic is noisy, and the walls are so thin you can hear water running in the next room. Granted, the hotel was undergoing a renovation while I was there, but these issues will persist. There were spots on the bathroom wallpaper, the granite floor of the shower was dirty, the handrails in the shower were only partially cleaned and the toilet and sink looked like they had been scrubbed with steel wool (scratched). Otherwise, the bed and linens were clean (if thin) and I slept comfortably (with earplugs), the rates were reasonable, it is five minutes from the hospital and the staff was amiable and cooperative. On the whole, a disappointing experience, considering the hotel is on the campus of one of the finest medical facilities in the country. I'd choose to stay somewhere quieter and more amenable to a long stay
(e.g., making my own simple meals in-room) and bear a little longer drive to the hospital if I had to go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank asat85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
#63 of 134 in Jacksonville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Deerwood Park
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!