“An Extremely Pleasant Surprise"”

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Ranked #52 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I purchased four nights at this hotel through Priceline for a total of $215.88 which included all taxes and fees. When I had discovered that this was the hotel which had accepted my Priceline offer and immediately went to tripadvisor and found quite a few not too flattering reviews mixed with some good ones, I was quite apprehensive about our upcoming stay. I'm very happy to say this hotel far exceeded my expectations. While it's not on a beachfront as one might be led to believe based on Priceline's including it in its Jacksonville Beaches category, it fit our needs ideally. It's actually about five miles from the beaches. We liked the location because it was somewhat centrally located for the places we wanted to see, i.e. Amelia Island, St. Augustine, World Golf Hall of Fame, TPC Sawgrass/Stadium Course, and a myriad of shopping. We actually liked its somewhat secluded location for the quietness it offered. Yes, it does have Mayo Clinic patients staying there being located immediately next door. This did not bother myself or my wife in the least. In fact, we had a couple of nice visits with patients and/or their spouses during or stay. The remodeling project on the lobby has been completed and was particularly well done. It has a nice bright cheery atmosphere. I made good use of the business center plus my wife and I used the cardio machines and dead weights in the fitness center. Yes, there are only two treadmills and an eliptical and the hand weights and bench but, again, this fitted our needs just fine. We never did eat at the hotel preferring to take our meals out. We did have to drive 2-4 miles depending on where we went but there are a myriad of eating establishments within that area plus Starbucks coffee shops. If you were there without a vehicle, I can see where that could be a problem, although they do provide a shuttle but I'm not sure where it will take those using it. We found the front desk staff to be ultra friendly and helpful, i.e. with directions and restaurant information. One provided a complete listing of restaurants in the area. We found the hotel including our room to be very clean during our stay. We particularly liked the up-to-date color scheme of our room, the roominess, comfortable bed, balcony overlooking the pool area, adjustable flat screen tv, etc. Our room did only include a shower (Don't know if all rooms are the same) which didn't bother us at all as we never use the tub in hotels. My wife did think the vanity area and the mirror above was a little small, however, but it wasn't really a big deal. She did like the fact the bathroom and shower are in a separate room from the vanity. I'd not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank durf1

Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel was not what we expected. Expensive and no benefits at all. Almost all hotels in US give complementary breakfast, this hotel no. It have a : "Bistro" so expensive that your could buy food for your family for the price of one. Room doors we stcked and very hard to close. Room has no safe box or microwave

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lizzie147320
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Front desk staff fine--same styrofoam cup sitting on top of walkway light fixture(at side entrance to elevators)when we left as was there on check in---overpriced minimal quality restaurant reminded us of a mall "food court setting"--room o.k.---yes, there is a microwave available in the Market c-store area.only reason to return would be Mayo

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank retiredtravelers2
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Have stayed at the Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic over 20 days this year due to medical treatment at the Mayo Clinic. This Hotel has been a God send. The staff are nice, friendly and compassionite. Location could not be better as could walk across street to the Mayo Clinic and Hospital. Due to asthma attack early in the morning around 03:30 am, I called the front desk and they sent someone up to room with a wheelchair to takes us to the Emergency room and when we were released, they came and brought us back and push wheelchair to our room. Rooms are nice. Housekeeping is efficient with friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jeffrow2793
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I booked this hotel on priceline for a very reasonable rate HOWEVERit was not anywhere near the beach! It islocated on the Mayo clinic and it is unfortunately like visting a hospcie facility. We checked in since I had already paid for it and put our luggage down and took a tour of the compound. Afet seeing many frail and sick people I knew I could not have a romantic evening here and we immediately checked out and moved to anothe hotel that is on the beach. There is nothing by this hotel other than the hospital. Extremely upsetting experience and there was no refund to be had since it was a Priceline deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KIMCHIZ
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I hve been a patient at the Mayo Clinic for almost 4 years and I always stay here. The staff is always helpful, efficient and kind. They ensure that you have everything that you need when you need it. You always get a wonderful smile and people that work hard to make your stay the most enjoyable it can be.
The restaurant is excellent with a wide range of foods and is open for daily meals allowing you to pick your time for eating.
The Hotel has recently been remodeled from top to bottom. This impressed me as I thought it was fine as it was.
The General manager takes a personal interest in his customers and the response of his staff to his customers. The management of this Hotel is always ahead of the curve. This shows the traits of diligence, discipline and vision.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank APC925
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you like the renovation and the new Lobby. I am going to share your review with the staff!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel and is an A+ in my book. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was helpful. Our room was on the first floor and poolsidev absolutly beautiful and very clean. My husband and I sat out on the porch after dinner and enjoyed some adult beverages listening to the tranquil sounds of the night.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DianaLovesTravel

I appreciate the great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our tranquil and peaceful surroundings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
#65 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hotel Indigo Jacksonville Deerwood Park

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!