“Great hotel, close to the beach too!”

Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches
Ranked #45 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel, close to the beach too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights during the 4th of July weekend. The hotel was amazing, it was really well kept and clean. The rooms are super nice, staff is friendly. I stayed on the ground floor which was really nice when bringing stuff in and it was right next to the pool and spa. The hotel is really peaceful too, so if you want to just relax at the hotel by the pool this is the place to be. Starbucks in the hotel was awesome! There are so many restaurants/places to eat within 5 mins from the hotel too. The hotel is in a perfect location for pretty much everything. It is about 5-10 mins from Jacksonville Beach. I would recommend driving the extra 5 mins to Neptune Beach to any interested in staying for the proximity to the beaches. Overall, great hotel I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Silvia R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. It's not far from the beach at all, maybe 1 min away. The room was clean, the hallways were clean, everything was just PERFECT! The price was great as well. The only thing that I was surprised by was the breakfast. For some reason I thought it was complimentary b'fast but we ordered from the bistro and had to pay. It was a bit pricey and we could have gone to IHOP or a nice diner but overall it was great. I am most defintely going to stay here again when I'm in the area. We absolutely loved it!! The spa/jacuzzi was great as well.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We appreciate the great review!!! Hope to see you agian.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights one week and then 2 nights the next week when called back to Mayo Clinic. Everyone was so helpful to us. While walking to the elevator one morning, I personally saw one lady vacuuming the drawers under the television. That was impressive to me. The Bistro has very good food and the wait staff is very friendly. The staff at the front desk is not only friendly but helpful for ideas in dining out. What a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor both times and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Valdosta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. I can say this hotel is spotless. They have white bed linens with white comforters. I personally saw them strip all linens including the comforter and everything was replaced. You could smell the bleach in them when you went to bed. There were real coffee cups in the room along with a refrigerator. I could find nothing that was wrong with this hotel. I would defiantly recommend any to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to share it with everyone. Hope to see you again.
Hazlehurst, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is located within walking distance of Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida. When you walk into the nicely appointed lobby you are really expecting a room that is appointed likewise. Unfortunately, Not the case! The rooms are dated, mildew on the plastic shower curtain liner (didn't think hotels even used these anymore!), and the bathrooms/sink are were just a sad disappointment. The room screamed cheap motel! The cleaning staff were sullen and unhelpful. The room needs a good deep cleaning and overhaul! The corners and bases had not been vacuumed in a while. Dust was all over the lamps and headboards. Very very disappointing However, there were some positive aspects. There is a great restaurant located in the hotel called The Bistro! It has everything that you could want including Starbucks and a bar! There is a free shuttle service available to hotel patrons. The pool is quite spacious and has a handicap lift for those who need it which got an applause from me! The hot tub was appointed the same way. Every room had a balcony or patio which I did appreciate. I just wish that they had updated the rooms. When I stay at Marriot Hotels, I expect Marriot Hotel quality especially in "my" area. I will think twice about staying here again but do think it would be great for those with families.

Room Tip: This would be great for families if you are having to stay close to Mayo. If you get a first floor r...
Green Features: Didn't see it happening! Towels piled up in hallways were an eyesore!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tammeyo
CourtyardGM14, Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Tammayo,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. On a positive note, I am happy to hear you enjoyed The Bistro restaurant and found our complimentary shuttle service and close proximity to the Mayo Clinic convenient. We strive to achieve the highest levels of service in the industry and are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience. I hope that you will be back in the future to see our improvements. Thanks again for your review and have a great day!
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were only in Jax for 1 night, but really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were not able to use any of the facilities on site. I will say that the hotel staff were excellent and very helpful. The location was great for plans that we made on Jacksonville Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the review. I hope that when you come back to Jacksonville Beach you will stay with us again. We are a great alternative to the beach hotels and only 3 miles away.
Wilmington DE, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Location is literally steps away from the Mayo Clinic. Serene lake with benches nearby. I had booked a longer stay, anticipating possible surgery. When I learned that surgery was not needed (yeah!), staff was very helpful. Dealing with medical issues is stressful enough. Compassionate staff at Courtyard helps to make things easier, less stressful.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their special rooms if you need bathroom bars or assistance with opening the door to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. I am going to share your comments with the hotel staff about how compassionate you felt they were. It goes a long way when someone takes the time to recognize them. I hope you come stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
#59 of 132 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!