“Best Staff Anywhere !!”

Ranked #43 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Apopka, Florida
“Best Staff Anywhere !!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Easily said BEST Staff of people ANYWHERE! My Wife and I stayed at this hotel almost a month as I underwent a kidney transplant and various testing next door at Mayo. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly all the time making sure to go above and beyond the call of duty to satisfy all your needs. The room was always nicely cleaned each day with plenty of towels and maid service was overall great. The restaurant had a casual atmosphere where one could go to relax and enjoy good food. The Van service to all the Mayo buildings was always available and prompt. The drivers all would do anything to help out whenever they could. I want to especially THANK Chuck, Debbie, Mike, Van Driver (with the difficult name) New Assistant GM and the entire staff for an excellent stay!! I will be going back once again in Oct. To the awesome staff of people
at this hotel I want to simply say THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: By the rear of the hotel that has more convenient parking and quick access to your room.
Green Features: There practices are okay. I did not personally see many of there environmentally friendly items but knowing Marriott I am sure they comply well to other facilities
1 Thank Joe P
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Wow, what a great review!!! The Courtyard associates go out of their way to serve all guests and make their stay more enjoyable. It is great when someone recoginzes them by name. Not only does it make the associate feel special, it makes it easier for me to recognize and reward them for the service they provided you. I am glad you are doing well and will be back to see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I spent the night here after my appointments at the Mayo Clinic. I was pleased to see the upgrades made to the hotel, the new lobby and the new restaurant which is much better then the old one. Rooms are a bit dated, but everything is very clean and the beds are super comfortable. Also plenty of room to move around. The handicapped room I had has a roll in shower which is perfect for folks in wheelchairs. Nice, convenient, roomy location with very good on-site food and drink options. You can't ask for any more at this price. Also, the Mayo Clinic is just a walk across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are my favorite- it's easier to get stuff in and out from your car.
Green Features: Excellent environmentally sound practices. Recycling and re-use of towels and bed linens.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank scoobytrips
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I am appreciate the comments about the renovation we completed and The Bistro. I hope we have a chance to serve you again.
Millers Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and our grandson were shown great hospitality during our stay at this awesome place. The room was very clean, very luxurious, and service was incredible. Spent a wonderful morning on the pool deck, and after lunch met friends on the beach near the pier. Beach is only 3 minutes away,so it was easy getting back and forth.One of the cleanest hotels I've ever visited, and the staff was incredible. I'll be back!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the courtyard.....charming.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David H
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights during the 4th of July weekend. The hotel was amazing, it was really well kept and clean. The rooms are super nice, staff is friendly. I stayed on the ground floor which was really nice when bringing stuff in and it was right next to the pool and spa. The hotel is really peaceful too, so if you want to just relax at the hotel by the pool this is the place to be. Starbucks in the hotel was awesome! There are so many restaurants/places to eat within 5 mins from the hotel too. The hotel is in a perfect location for pretty much everything. It is about 5-10 mins from Jacksonville Beach. I would recommend driving the extra 5 mins to Neptune Beach to any interested in staying for the proximity to the beaches. Overall, great hotel I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Silvia R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. It's not far from the beach at all, maybe 1 min away. The room was clean, the hallways were clean, everything was just PERFECT! The price was great as well. The only thing that I was surprised by was the breakfast. For some reason I thought it was complimentary b'fast but we ordered from the bistro and had to pay. It was a bit pricey and we could have gone to IHOP or a nice diner but overall it was great. I am most defintely going to stay here again when I'm in the area. We absolutely loved it!! The spa/jacuzzi was great as well.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate the great review!!! Hope to see you agian.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights one week and then 2 nights the next week when called back to Mayo Clinic. Everyone was so helpful to us. While walking to the elevator one morning, I personally saw one lady vacuuming the drawers under the television. That was impressive to me. The Bistro has very good food and the wait staff is very friendly. The staff at the front desk is not only friendly but helpful for ideas in dining out. What a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor both times and very quiet.
Valdosta
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. I can say this hotel is spotless. They have white bed linens with white comforters. I personally saw them strip all linens including the comforter and everything was replaced. You could smell the bleach in them when you went to bed. There were real coffee cups in the room along with a refrigerator. I could find nothing that was wrong with this hotel. I would defiantly recommend any to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardGM14, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to share it with everyone. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
The Inn at Mayo Clinic
#61 of 132 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - SE Med Center Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Mayo Clinic/Beaches? Share your experiences!