“For the Budget Conscious Traveler this is Great”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #84 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Diego, California
“For the Budget Conscious Traveler this is Great”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The Jaxport Inn is close to the airport and freeway. I has pleasant, clean, non-smoking rooms, good air conditioning, and clean showers. They have Wi-Fi and a refrigerator in each room. The furniture is in need of some updating and their TV hook-up doesn't look too good but the price is very good and I was comfortable. This is a real budget saver place to stay while one travels about checking out the sights in Jacksonville..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Frank G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The hotel itself is conveniently located right off of I-95.The man at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room itself looked fairly clean but was definitely in need of a facelift. Everything is old and worn looking. The A/C was hard to operate and the it needed a new bathroom. The price was inexpensive especially considering it's location so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn for 4 days while working the MCA National Ford Mustang Show in May. I was very pleased with the accommodations, the price was fantastic and the rooms have a "cabana-style" charm. The Staff was very friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank probkauz
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Arrived midnight in the rain. The "residents" of the first two rooms next to the front entrance we out in the walkway enjoying the evening with coolers and radios.

The lobby had a damp musk oder - should have known then to seek an alternative venue.

The room key did not work the first time. Back to the office to get a replacement. When I entered my room I was greeted with a smoke aroma. I was too tired to chage rooms and figured they would be similar. The room had not been cleaned in a while - some dirt was on the rug and what I thought was a bug on the bathroom floor ... was actually a dead bug. The air conditioner was loud and made a clicking sound when going on periodically. Old mattress / small pillows. Tough sleeping enviornment.

In the morning I discovered that iron was provided and the coffee pot had dried residue from the last time it was used. There was warm watter for the shower but no hot water. Not a great start to the day.

When I checked out, I brought the dirty coffee pot to the front desk to check and asked when the last time the room was cleaned. "Very recently" I was told. I showed the front desk person the dirty coffee pot and he did not say a word. Not "so sorry" / "can't imagine how that happened" / "we will make sure it won't happen again" - no comment.

When I got to my appointment, my customer was amused / sympathetic / curious over my choice of lodging. Too many better places at similar rates to stay there

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Boot63
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Check in went swiftly. Room was clean and fresh smelling. The cabinet in which the refrigerator stood seems like it was ready to fall apart. It was accessible to shopping center and I-95. We do not know what amenities it has since we use the hotel to change clothes and sleep. Everything seems good except the breakfast, which was very limited. Day one of 4 days 3 nights the juice machine was out of order and stayed out of order. The only fruits were oranges and apples.
Overall, the stay was good. Nothing outstanding. The only complain is the meager breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This is an OLD worn out property. I was traveling out of JAX airport and needed a place nearby to grab 5-6 hours of sleep before departing. I tried this Days in because of the other reviews and the fact they are now managed by Wyndam. If anything this lowers the vaule of the Wyndam brand by having an affiliation with this hotel. Broken towel bar was hanging off the wall in bathroom, toilet wouldnt flush, the smoke detector (if it worked?) was hanging off the wall, the TV didnt work. On the plus side the beds were more comfortable than expected and the room was fundamentally clean, but the broken and worn items in the room outweighed the cleanliness. The micro fridge would be handy. I asked to have the Manager contact me after I checked out and he never called. I am shocked this hotel received the comments it has in other reviews. I would have moved to another hotel, but it was 1 am and I was beat.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 22 December 2010

My husband and I had serious family business to handle that took much more time than we expected. We stayed for eight days and were treated royally by all the staff. The room was clean and fresh. Our questions were answered, directions given, suggestions made and were made to feel that the staff really cared.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business