“fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Panama City Beach, Florida
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel has spoiled me for other hotels. The staff was not only friendly, they were smart and provided great help without even being asked. room was perfect. Comfortable.bed, free Wi-Fi, and even a fridge and microwave. I will never stay anywhere else when I am in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: My corner room had two walls of windows.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I am sorry we were only able to spend one night at this wonderful hotel! Next time I am in Jacksonville I will stay at this Radisson. At check in we were greeted by a very helpful & friendly lady who was the most helpful front desk attendant I have ever encountered. We felt like appreciated and welcomed guests. The lobby was very nicely updated. Our room was a beautiful calm oasis -everything felt fresh & up to date. The bed was comfortable and outfitted with comfy pillows and duvet. The bathroom was nicely updated as well. We were not able to make use of the restaurant or pool but did take a look and they both looked nice. We enjoyed our stay at this Radisson and would stay again next time in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Arriving late on Sunday evening turned out to be a great choice. We had to leave our original hotel as there were mulitple issues. Upon arriving, we were met by the two kindest front desk reception team members you could ask for. They promptly got us assigned to a room and gave no hassle. Throughout our entire stay, we were greeted by name, appreciated and all requests and issues were PROMPTLY addressed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

31 one of our group stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Not one complaint except one that said their sink stopped up and someone came and fixed the problem. The Breakfast's were great and the X-mas decorations as well as the staff were awesome! Rooms clean and very comfortable. Beds have matresses that are adjustable. The Lounge and bar were very friendly. We all noticed the American Flag that hung in front of the Hotel was tattered and torn. We all complained and the very next day a brand new flag went up!! Thank you Radisson!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank martini001
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

This hotel needs alot of work! The room was very very dusty and dirty. The bed was great the tv was still roke the phone was broke the toliet was broke. The staff was great but didnt have any solutions to the problems. I got the room off priceline for 40 a night so it wasnt that bad on my wallet. It shouldnt have the Radisson name on it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jason S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Our Response:

Dear apa028,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. All comments received are shared with the staff in an effort to provide exemplary service on a consistant basis. I assure you, your experience is not the norm here at the Radisson. We continually strive to exceed every guest’s expectation. I would like to apologize for the inconviences you experienced during your recent visit. I would like to ask that you please contact me directly to make any future reservations. I would be happy to assist and ensure you a more comfortable stay.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was in Jacksonville last week for business and booked one night on Hotwire.com for $65. I enjoyed the hotel and needed to extend my stay at the last minute, so I booked another night at the same price. I was assigned a different room and had an unpleasant experience. Because of this, I am going to break my review into two categories: Good night and Bad night

Good night:
- Check in was really easy, the front desk folks were pleasant
- From the outside of the hotel, it looks older, but the lobby looks like it got an upgrade a few years ago
- My room was spacious and had a nice. "home-y" feel

Bad Night:
- My room was DIRTY. The headboard on the bed had oil/grease marks all over it, the sink did not drain and had someone elses hair and toothpaste all over it. I literally did not take a shower because I was afraid that the hotel staff did not clean the shower
- The "sleep number" bed did not work either night. I think that the batteries were dead in both beds.

Overall impression: My first nights stay was GREAT. I left thinking that I'd found a little gem in Jacksonville. My second night stay was absolutely repulsive. I got the very last hotel room when I checked in, and my guess is that the house keeping staff was not prepared for such a large crowd. Would I stay here again?? Probably not. I have not been that impressed with the hotels on Butler Blvd (check out my review of the Hampton Inn).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mrs. Johnston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. The reviews we receive are shared amongst the management and staff to let us know what we are doing right, as well as improvement is needed. If we had known your intention to extend your stay, you would have remained in the same guestroom. That however does not make your experience of the second night any better and for that I apologize. I have shared your experience with the housekeeping manager for further review. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I would be happy to assist and ensure you a more comfortable stay.
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here for one night to quality for the Radisson 50,000 point promotion. I live in Jacksonville, so it was a bit odd to stay in a hotel in the city.

We enjoyed it though. The lobby was nice. Check in was a breeze. The sleep number king size bed had us sleep well. Great location near the St. Johns Town Center and I-95.

The bad:

-Said there was free wifi and gave me the login and password, but could not connect with my iPhone or iPad. Since we were just staying one night, I didn't call the front desk to complain.

-The AC was loud when it turned off throughout the night

-Walls are thin. Could hear the neighbors from inside the bathroom, but luckily they weren't that loud the whole night.

-Shower water pressure could have been stronger.

We paid $78 including taxes which wasn't bad to get 50,000 point which is like 5 nights at a category 1 Radisson or one night at their top hotel anywhere in the world.

If I had to stay here for a night or two while visiting the city, I would recommend it if you're a Radisson member or the price is good compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple