“Great Hotel, Awesome Service, Not A Good Restaurant”

Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville
Ranked #86 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The service is amazing! Everyday, when returning to my room, the front desk clerk greeted me BY NAME. That's never happened before and I've stayed in ALOT of hotels. The rooms are clean, quiet, and have a high end feel. Great place to stay if you're picky. The ONLY problem was the restaurant. Dinner first night: vodka penne was bland and there was one lady running the bar, restaurant and room service. She did her best, but really?? They did ok with breakfast, but charge a ridiculous $9.95 for what other hotels give for free which is why I gave breakfast a rating of 1. I spent the rest of trip going to Starbucks which is a very short drive so I was happy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I am a business man that travels often. I stayed at this hotel the night of June 6, 2013. Reception and room were great. After having dinner from another location; decided to come and have a drink at the bar. I waited waited 20 minutes for service; the lady bar-tending did not even acknowledge my presence. On the third time she entered behind the bar I had to yell to get her attention. Then I notice that she was doing this to other people dining and at tables by the bar. People had to come to the bar waving their credit cards to get her attention to pay; Wrong!! She said to an angry customer that she was overwhelm with her work. I know she was lying since the whole time she is talking to a couple sitting at the bar (free pouring liquor to them every time she made a drink) and ignoring everyone else. She was wearing flip flops; I don't; believe is appropriate. Nasty behind the bar!! I ordered a beer and went up to my room. Not happy!!

Room Tip: Make sure always check the restaurant and bar before you choose to dine or have a drink there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gus34618
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from one of our bartenders. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for GM Cynthia Douglas.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My friend and I decided to fly to Florida for the Memorial day weekend for a concert. We picked the Radisson based on other reviews. We were not disappointed with the quality of the hotel and the friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel again. It was very clean and quiet. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked very relaxing.
This hotel would be good for both business and personal travels.
The room had a microwave and a fridge in case you needed to keep food in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Planned a last minute trip to Jacksonville for the Jacksonville Jazz Fest Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The amenities include outdoor jacuzzi and swimming pool,free wifi, microwave, refrigerator and restaurant on premises. The staff was outstanding! Easy access from the highway and very close to downtown Jacksonville. I actually placed a bid on Priceline and they accepted it. I saved about 20%.

Room Tip: I gave the sleep quality an average because my sleep number bed did not work and I was too tired by...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here during the 2013 Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass.This is a 3 star hotel that offers free parking and free Wi-Fi. It also offers an outdoor pool and hot tub and a small workout facility. There is also a lounge/bar and restaurant. There is free coffee in your room. The staff is good and we’re very accommodating. The rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and small safes for valuables. They have sleep number beds that took a couple nights to get right, our number was 65. Other standards included coffee maker, iron and board, and toiletries. When we arrived there were no King beds available so they put us in a double for the night and then moved us in the morning. The Wi-Fi in 331 was horrible but when they moved up to 613 it was much better. Overall this was an excellent hotel for $60 a night and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

It is a 3 star hotel with free parking and free Wi-Fi. It has an outdoor pool and hot tub and a small workout facility. There is also a lounge/bar and restaurant. There is free coffee in the morning in the lobby. The staff was excellent! The rooms had microwaves and refrigerators and small safes for valuables. They have sleep number beds at the Radisson’s. Other standard amenities included coffee maker, iron and board, and toiletries. USA Today paper is delivered to your door daily. It was a little close to Interstate 95 and therefore a little noisy from the road. I would stay there again at $55 a night. It is about 5 to 8 miles from good shopping and dining.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff about room needs... very accommodating.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here twice within a month (April/May 2013). Both times in a king room - which had a sleeper sofa in addition to the bed. Both times we stayed in rooms acquired by Priceline and were treated very well by the staff at the hotel. The 2nd time we stayed, there was a sports group (high school) of boys who thought it would be cool to smoke in their (non-smoking hotel) rooms and be loud & obnoxious (throwing ice water in the hallway on each other near other guests). The smoke from their room came through the ventilation system into our room which was very annoying and made it very uncomfortable for us. We notified the staff at the front desk and within the hour the air in our room started clearing. They were very apologetic and did all they could to deal with the offending students. (We've traveled with high school and college students for over 30 years and know how to prepare them for being guests in hotels while traveling as part of a group. We never saw their chaperones or anyone who should have been responsible for this.) Other than that and a couple of light bulbs which were out, the rooms were clean and very comfortable. The beds are 'sleep number' beds which were interesting and comfortable enough. We had contemplated obtaining sleep number beds for our home, but I think they aren't for us. We'd definitely stay in this Radisson again and can recommend it for comfort, location, cleanliness, and staff.

Room Tip: Some rooms near the elevator (center) are smaller.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family