“Came back the next night we enjoyed this place so much!”

Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville
Ranked #86 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We made a visit to Mayo so needed a place to stay in Jacksonville. We booked this Radisson very last minute and weren't that concerned about much beyond a nice bed. We got so much more! The staff were incredibly warm and greeted us with big smiles. The sleep number beds were a great experience. Rooms were great as was the breakfast. We drove back the following night because we enjoyed it so much.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BlueEyeTours

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and have enjoyed it every time. The bedding could be better, they like to tout the sleep number bed but honestly I don't see the point. Other than that this hotel is a constant. Great location, great rooms, great staff. It has not been a let down and I will continue to recommend this place.

Room Tip: We used Hotwire but they told me that their sales dept would match it or lowered it. I may try this...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank stuckncarolinas
Tom O, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We were glad to learn of your satisfaction and look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our stay was one of the highlights of the Gator Bowl Holiday.
The Radisson is in a good location for trips around the city. Just off Butler Boulevard, makes it an easy starting point to the beach, shopping, food, and in our case less than ten miles to EverBank Field. The hotel is in the corporate area of Jacksonville making the location less traveled on weekends and holidays. Believe me Jacksonville is a busy town and a traffic headache. The Radisson doesn't have the traffic noise problem like many hotels even though I- 95 is close by.
The Radisson is well taken care of and the staff is top of the line. The rooms were clean and the beds were excellant. We didn't try the food but did make a couple stops at the little bar and was pleased. The pool area is great and comes with a small hottub but the weather was bad during our trip.
I was very pleased with our stay and I bet you will be also.

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty sound proof but that always depends on people staying at the hotel. I would ge...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DAWGTRIP

We very much appreciate taking time to tell us of your satisfaction with our hotel and our staff's attention to detail. We always enjoy learning that our efforts are recognized by our guests.

We look forward to your next stay when business or pleasure travels bring you to our area. Meanwhile, should an opportunity present itself to recommend our property we humbly ask that you do so!

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Room was large and comfortable. Beds were so nice and clean. Updated television with free movie channels. Very restful and quiet! Loved the free wi-fi. Easy to sign into and use.
We forgot our toothpaste and the staff gave us some. We also needed directions to local shopping and dining and a front desk clerk printed a list for us! And when we checked out, we realized my son had left something. The front desk clerk quickly gave me a key and offered to help me look for my son's headphones. Sweet!
Wish the weather had been a little warmer so we could have taken advantage of the beautiful pool. We did take advantage of the free drink offer at the bar. Two large TVs allowed us to watch a little football and enjoy a cool beverage!
Would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013
Tom O, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to compliment and recognize of our staff's eagerness to meet all of your service request needs during your recent stay. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile so that our guests are made to feel special and appreciated.

We hope to have more opportunities to welcome you back to our property.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The service was great and the price was perfect. I didn't have to leave the hotel for anything and Dave and Busters is right across the street! I most definitely recommend this place for anybody who is traveling or just looking to relax:)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for taking time to share your positive experiences regarding the services, facilities and, location of our hotel.

We look forward to serving you whenever business or pleasure travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for a week and thought the hotel was great. Easy spot to get to right off the highway with a few restaurants within a short drive. The staff were helpful and always greeted us as we came and went. The Sleep number beds take a bit of getting used to but they weren’t as bad as a few other reviews made them out to be. Overall I thought the Hotel was great and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor, furthest away from the Elevator. Very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have to say I was impressed with the entry and lobby. It was super clean and inviting.
Super fast check-in without a reservation. Very attentive staff. The room very nice, although a bit much on the size of the furniture in the room. Made room feel a little cramped. The king bed very comfortable. The restaurant was on par with say TGIF and such. I will be staying again if in area and would recommend to my friends. The location is also good to freeway and Dave & Busters entertainment are across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business