“Basics”

Ranked #89 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bardonia, New York
“Basics”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very basic. Coffee maker in room. Coffee and granola bars in the lobby until 7 am only. Walls are thin. I needed to have the drain in the tub cleaned bc it was running slow. I also need a new iron. They did both. Front desk staff is very helpful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank BFACJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Hotel was very nice and just as advertised. Conveniently and centrally located. Staff from front desk to food service to housekeeping were so wonderfully customer service oriented. Sleep # bed in my room didn't work so was a bit disappointed with that. I would have rated this hotel an excellent except for the food. I ordered room service one evening which was super fast and delivered by very professional wait staff. The food was OK, but wrote it off as late night and room service quality. Had the breakfast buffet next day and was not happy with the selection, the taste of the food nor the price. Next morning I thought I would just an omelet, but was again not happy with the taste of the food. The wait staff were super friendly, but the food taste is just not good and for what you get, just not worth the prices. Additionally, there were small flies in the dining room....not a good sign. If I hadn't had multiplebad experiences with the food, I would have given the property an excellent rating. Hope the hotel management looks into the food service area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank myriadtraveler
fairbanks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

this hotel was very clean and nice staff was amazedly friendly, room was roomy and beds are very comfortable, they are sleep number beds loved it, we stayed 5 night could have stayed a month or so. there is a restraint here but we didn't eat there we were spending time with family, going to there home with grandkids. there is a Dave and Busters down the road also with food, drinks and lots of games for kids and adults. highly recommend this hotel thanks you staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank twilasweet
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We made a visit to Mayo so needed a place to stay in Jacksonville. We booked this Radisson very last minute and weren't that concerned about much beyond a nice bed. We got so much more! The staff were incredibly warm and greeted us with big smiles. The sleep number beds were a great experience. Rooms were great as was the breakfast. We drove back the following night because we enjoyed it so much.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BlueEyeTours
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and have enjoyed it every time. The bedding could be better, they like to tout the sleep number bed but honestly I don't see the point. Other than that this hotel is a constant. Great location, great rooms, great staff. It has not been a let down and I will continue to recommend this place.

Room Tip: We used Hotwire but they told me that their sales dept would match it or lowered it. I may try this...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stuckncarolinas
Tom O, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We were glad to learn of your satisfaction and look forward to another opportunity to serve you.

Sincerly,

Milledgeville Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our stay was one of the highlights of the Gator Bowl Holiday.
The Radisson is in a good location for trips around the city. Just off Butler Boulevard, makes it an easy starting point to the beach, shopping, food, and in our case less than ten miles to EverBank Field. The hotel is in the corporate area of Jacksonville making the location less traveled on weekends and holidays. Believe me Jacksonville is a busy town and a traffic headache. The Radisson doesn't have the traffic noise problem like many hotels even though I- 95 is close by.
The Radisson is well taken care of and the staff is top of the line. The rooms were clean and the beds were excellant. We didn't try the food but did make a couple stops at the little bar and was pleased. The pool area is great and comes with a small hottub but the weather was bad during our trip.
I was very pleased with our stay and I bet you will be also.

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty sound proof but that always depends on people staying at the hotel. I would ge...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DAWGTRIP
We very much appreciate taking time to tell us of your satisfaction with our hotel and our staff's attention to detail. We always enjoy learning that our efforts are recognized by our guests.

We look forward to your next stay when business or pleasure travels bring you to our area. Meanwhile, should an opportunity present itself to recommend our property we humbly ask that you do so!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Room was large and comfortable. Beds were so nice and clean. Updated television with free movie channels. Very restful and quiet! Loved the free wi-fi. Easy to sign into and use.
We forgot our toothpaste and the staff gave us some. We also needed directions to local shopping and dining and a front desk clerk printed a list for us! And when we checked out, we realized my son had left something. The front desk clerk quickly gave me a key and offered to help me look for my son's headphones. Sweet!
Wish the weather had been a little warmer so we could have taken advantage of the beautiful pool. We did take advantage of the free drink offer at the bar. Two large TVs allowed us to watch a little football and enjoy a cool beverage!
Would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013
Tom O, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to compliment and recognize of our staff's eagerness to meet all of your service request needs during your recent stay. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile so that our guests are made to feel special and appreciated.

We hope to have more opportunities to welcome you back to our property.