“Sliding down. :(”

Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville
Ranked #88 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Loved this hotel the last time we stayed. Believe I reviewed it last time and it received an excellent. This time it dropped a bit. But just a bit. The venue is still excellent, meaning the lobby and the rooms are exceptionally clean and well designed, cozy and sophisticated and elegant. The pool is one of my favorite in Jacksonville Florida so far. Lounge chairs are comfortable with plenty of space. The position of the pool receives plenty of sunshine through out the day. There is a hot tub outside as well. Sunbath and refresh, sunbath and refresh with another jump in the pool. The downfall was breakfast. It just was not that good. Nothing special. We did the buffet for variety & speed. It was under par as compared to the Hampton Inn. The Hampton inn's that I have stayed in have served circles around this buffet. Bland eggs, store bought muffins, runny grits, unseasoned french toast, oven roasted old potatoes with no seasoning and no onions or peppers.... Subpar service and way overpriced in comparison because Hampton' s breakfasts are included. The last thing is the bedding seems to be overused. If I had not eaten here it probably would have scored another excellent.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms over look the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Alex F, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We apologize that you did not enjoy the food. We will address it with our team so it does not happen again. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night while visiting Welcome to Rockville festival. We had previously booked the Econolodge on Cagle Road however the motel was so bad we booked the Raddison from the motel room and checked out a day early. We arrived at the Raddison at midday on Sunday. We knew check in wasn't until 3pm but we're hoping we could leave our bags and head to Rockville. The lady on the front desk was really helpful and let us leave our bags in the front office, however on our way out she called us back and said a room had just become available so we were able to check in and take our bags upstairs. The room was lovely and clean with a massive bed, and nice bathroom. It also had complimentary water, and a nice HD TV. When we returned from the festival that evening we had a drink from the hotel bar next to the pool which was nice, then we ordered breakfast for the following morning. Breakfast was delivered to our room and was nice and well priced. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The room was nicely furnished with executive style furniture. Clean and well maintained. Not far from food and also about a block from Dave and Busters. I would have given it 5 stars but my tub did not drain properly and I HATE showering with standing water on my feet! I reported it, but it was not resolved. Overall a really good hotel and hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Check in was fast and easy, the room was gorgeous and very clean, staff was welcoming and caring, no problems at all! The only downside was 15 min from Jacksonville beach but the price and cleanliness was well worth the drive! We will stay there again when in Jax.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mayya_Dr

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was my first stay at a Radisson property and overall I was pleased with this one. The check in process was quick and painless but the rep did not recognize my gold status, as they do at other Club Carlson properties. I had a room on the 6th floor, too close to the elevator. I quickly realized the walls are pretty thin. The room was clean, modern and updated but on the small side. Bathroom had updated features and was very clean. Free internet was fast enough. Can't speak about the food, as I did not eat here. The location puts you close to JTB and the Mayo clinic. Overall decent value.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank meghanb904
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very basic. Coffee maker in room. Coffee and granola bars in the lobby until 7 am only. Walls are thin. I needed to have the drain in the tub cleaned bc it was running slow. I also need a new iron. They did both. Front desk staff is very helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BFACJ
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Hotel was very nice and just as advertised. Conveniently and centrally located. Staff from front desk to food service to housekeeping were so wonderfully customer service oriented. Sleep # bed in my room didn't work so was a bit disappointed with that. I would have rated this hotel an excellent except for the food. I ordered room service one evening which was super fast and delivered by very professional wait staff. The food was OK, but wrote it off as late night and room service quality. Had the breakfast buffet next day and was not happy with the selection, the taste of the food nor the price. Next morning I thought I would just an omelet, but was again not happy with the taste of the food. The wait staff were super friendly, but the food taste is just not good and for what you get, just not worth the prices. Additionally, there were small flies in the dining room....not a good sign. If I hadn't had multiplebad experiences with the food, I would have given the property an excellent rating. Hope the hotel management looks into the food service area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo