“Average at Best”

Add it.
Super 8 Motel Jacksonville
Ranked #93 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Average hotel albeit close to I-95 which was what won us over whilst looking for last minute accommodation. It was disheveled at best and located in a poor neighbourhood, albeit it served its purpose for a few hours sleep. Seems there are long term residents not well-versed in neighbourly cordiality - yes it was boisterous at night to some degree and breakfast was average, with room cleanliness not the highest of priorities I'm thinking. Would I stay there again? Possibly, I wouldn't rule it out albeit if given more time to find something else I would probably do that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This place is a dump, filthy carpet, filthy everything. Advertised frig & micowave. Said that this room didn't have these. There was no furniture, but the bed & the TV,Hehad to come and fix the box, next morning TV didn't work again. I only wish I had read the reviews before we stayed there, because we wouldn't have stayed. Breakfast was a joke, hardly coffee!!!
Terrible neighborhood, noise all night. We had to get up ever hour to make sure our vehicle was okay. Couldn't wait to leave!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

In a recent I used the laundry and they didnt have enough dryers to dry my clothes When I took a shower I put my shirt on the floor. When I picked it up 20 Cockroaches ran out from under it,in my room.It sat on the floor for 10 mins

Room Tip: The price sucked And it was dirty
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Location near I-95 is the main attraction for this place. It's inexpensive - another advantage - but maintenance is spotty. Generally clean. Attempt to improve bathroom with granite panels is good, but controls are old, grungy, and don't fit well. King bed on ground floor is $5 extra (on the room rate of $33). Breakfast is average - oatmeal, waffles (make your own), bananas if you get there early enough. Friendly service. Good motel if you are traveling and need a one-night stay, Burger King next door. Other shopping a mile away. Busy road, lots of big truck traffic, but rooms near the back are quiet.

Room Tip: short stay only
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel, located on Phillips Hwy is conviently located, just south of downtown Jax. The Landing was 5-10 minutes north, St. John's Town Center 10 minutes tot he south. The staff, Hadlee, was extreemly helpful & friendly. Though the sign says no pets, we had called and they informed us that it would be ok, no additional pet fee - just a refundable deposit. The hotel is a little bit on the old side, and could use a renovation, but our room was clean and it was quiet. I will most likely use them again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Highly recommend this motel, service is excellent & rooms are great!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eloy G
Reviewed 11 March 2007

I came over to Jax last october and chose this hotel cause it was close to some bars and had high speed internet, but their web page lied! When I got in my room I found that they had no high speed internet, when I asked they seemed to think high speed was a dialup connection . And the phone cord was ripped out so I couldn't even connect to it!! The whole place was kinda dark and didn't seem very safe, but it is close to some strip bars which made it convienent. I definitely kept a look over my shoulder while I stayed here, seemed to be a very popular stop with the truckers since its just off I-95. I was planning to stay here for three nights, but I bailed the next morning and found a better hotel across the road! There is an IHOP on the property that was pretty decent, so at least I was able to eat.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TankJordan