“Great front desk staff and dog friendly”

Quality Inn Conference Center
Ranked #112 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Driving from Ohio to South Florida with two large dogs on Christmas day can be exhausting. At 2 am I called and said we'd be there in about an hour and Ashlee told me they had rooms. She was professional and nice. Something I'm not used to hearing over the phone anymore. When we arrived she quickly got us set up with an adequate room that the dogs were very comfortable in. We only spent a few hours sleeping and didn't check out the rest of the hotel but because of Ashlee and her professional, prompt service, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed here for a night while visiting my daughter. Part hotel, part motel as some rooms are indoors on atrium and others outside doors. Area is industrial with not much around it but hotel has security at night and seems safe, and right off interstate so easy access. Stayed in an atrium room and used indoor pool with grand daughter. Very nice pool/atrium area and nice to have an indoor pool as was cool outside. Room was large and appeared to have been recently renovated. Very clean, smelled new and comfortable bed. Will definitely stay here on future travels in Jacksonville area. Check this one out if you need somewhere to spend a night and not spend a fortune. Includes free breakfast buffet. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a little noise, ask for an atrium room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Hotel did not meet Holiday Inn standards any more, so it picked up the Quality name. Staff is great. Food is ok. Pool is inside, yes inside pool in Fla. Carpets are worn as are chairs and fixtures. Hotel is in industrial area near I-295 but not near anything good in Jacksonville.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dcsteve56
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our family had arranged a trip for my twin brothers 26th birthday. We had a blast. The hotel wasn't around the landing which made for lower rates. It even had it's own little bit of history which was also a plus. The fact that we got free breakfast on the weekend mornings added to the pluses. We are already talking about revisiting and booking at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The hotel is an old Holiday Inn that has been converted into a Quality Inn. The rooms are nothing special but seem to be clean and quiet. The restaurant provided good and reasonably priced food. The employees in the restaurant were very friendly and nice to talk to. The hotel is situated right along side of I-295 in an industrial area. There is a Hardees right next door and a waffle house right across the street. There is an Applebees approximately 3-4 miles from the hotel as well as a few other dining establishments. I would suggest to people that if they stay at this hotel that an interior room be requested otherwise you may end up with a room around the outside of the motel that opens directly to the outside. This outside room does not provide much security beyond the lock on your door whereas if you are in an interior room at least you exit your room into the 'inside' of the hotel.
Overall this hotel is very-tired and in need of a big remodel job but for the money it is not too bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank J P
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Having to deal with the tractor-trailer being repaired, this was the closest hotel to stay at for the weekend. And what a [pleasure it was! The staff from the front desk to the dining room to the maid service was nothing but friendly and courteous. It is a pet-friendly hotel with a one-time fee upon arrival of $25 but it was worth it. My kitty even received a free catnip mouse toy from the front desk! The rooms were neat and clean. Plenty of channels on the TV. Meals were all buffet style ranging from the complimentary breakfast to a reasonably priced lunch and dinner buffet. While we didn't use certain areas of the hotel, there is a beautifully decorated indoor pool and meeting area. A conference room for copies and faxing. This was just an amazing place to stay! I would recomment it to anyone in the area!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

First I want to say that for the $49 discount these rooms were great except for the univited crawlers. We did see cockroaches on the wall and I alerted the desk. They sent two different people up within 3 min of my call to spray the room. I live in Florida and know it is very hard to keep the insects out. Everything else was 5 star treatment from the front desk girl to the server in the Lounge "Florencia" who all treated us with great smiles and friendly atmospheres. The maids did a good job during our 2 day stay and I have stayed there in the mid 2000 and will stay there again but will carry my own roach spray with me. Clean up the bugs and it would be great. The pool needs to be heated in the winter also. Beautiful decor for the Christmas season. I wanted to take the decorator home with me.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family