“Not bad for the money - take away the uninvited crawlers and it would rate a 5 star”

Quality Inn Conference Center
Ranked #112 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 23 December 2010

First I want to say that for the $49 discount these rooms were great except for the univited crawlers. We did see cockroaches on the wall and I alerted the desk. They sent two different people up within 3 min of my call to spray the room. I live in Florida and know it is very hard to keep the insects out. Everything else was 5 star treatment from the front desk girl to the server in the Lounge "Florencia" who all treated us with great smiles and friendly atmospheres. The maids did a good job during our 2 day stay and I have stayed there in the mid 2000 and will stay there again but will carry my own roach spray with me. Clean up the bugs and it would be great. The pool needs to be heated in the winter also. Beautiful decor for the Christmas season. I wanted to take the decorator home with me.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2010

This was an awful experience for me, the night we checked in I asked were the rooms dust free and clean with no pets; however there was black dust that accumulated in the bathroom, the door had mold on it and was rusted with pieces coming off of it. It was very musty. Needless to say, the room really needed to be cleaned.

The next day I went to to the front desk and told them about the room, the clerk told me she could move me. I told her that it has to be a room that pets have not been in and that is not dusty. She said the room was clean . We moved our stuff downstairs which was a better room but more like a motel. Although the downstairs room was in better condition, I found trash behind the bed when I moved it to plug in my phone. I went to sleep and something just kept biting me all over I turned on the light but could not see anything when I tried to go back to sleep and it got worse. I got up and had bites all over me. I went to the front desk and asked to speak with someone that was in charge and was advised the managers do not work weekends. I told the lady someone needs to see the room . They called for the Housekeeping Supervisor and she came and we went into the bathroom and she looked at meas I pulled off my clothes and she said,"Mam I am so sorry for this". She called for another person to meet her at the room. We left the room and when I came back I was informed that the room previously had pets in it despite what I was previously told, but the person that allowed the pets forgot to tell them that the room needed to be sprayed. I was then told the room had fleas in it. They did not remove our things from the infested room, they left them. I believe it was not fleas in the room, but bed bugs. Could not rest after this.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I was in town on business, the staff was great, very helpful with directions, and reheating my dinner! Room was not up to par for standards, a lot of high dust on vanity light and coffee stains on the bathroom door. BUT...as a General Manager of a hotel, I would of noticed these things, so I left a note for the GM and I bet there clean now.
Yes, I would recommend. Perfect for a stop-over to a couple nights stay, restaurant, bar, indoor pool and jacuzzi, good location. My room was very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I was quite surpised to walk through the doors of the lobby, check-in, then walk outside to the front door of my room. Half of the establishment is indoors like a hotel, and the rest are outdoors like a motel. The room was old and the insulation was poor...I heard every car door close and people walking by the door. It really needs a renovation. I stayed here because it was less than 2 miles from the place I needed to work out of. In retrospect, I should have found a place a little further and a little nicer, even if it's 20 minutes away. I do have to say that the price was right, though.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I was very leary of staying here after reading recent bad revues of this hotel. I was booked by my employer for a four day trainging seminar nearby and the thought of staying in a 'dirty, rundown hotel in a bad part of town with poor service' did not set well.
First, this area is industrial, not a tourist center. It is a convienient place to stay while traveling across state or the coast. It has many fine amenities such as an indoor pool in a spacious area, affordable southern style buffets, a workout room and even a business room where you can work online or send faxs if you did not come equipped. It sits immediately at the I 295 exit so there is no need to hunt for the place. The grounds have pleasing and well maintained landscaping as is the overall decor. It has a secure. fenced and gated lot and a nighttime security guard. Immediately across the street are a Wafflehouse, a Burger king and a Hardees if you want 'cheap eats'. Though twice I hit the buffet with satisfying results.
I found the staff to be very attentive and friendly. The front desk crew delightful. My room was cleaned everyday. I had a complementry coffee maker with coffee, microwave and refridgerator along with ironing board and iron.
I had a comfortable, relaxing stay and can highly reccomend this hotel to travelers. If you want nightlife this is the wrong part of Jacksonville. There is really nothing nearby to spend money on including grocery stores, pizza shops, bars or anything remotely touristy.
I can't explain the bad reviews posted elsewhere other than their being some attempt at a spiteful payback for personal reasonings. I neither saw nor experienced anything remotely negative in my 4 day stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2010

After reading the reviews, I really dreaded staying at this place. Decided we'd better book an inside room to be on the safe side. Was pleasantly surprised when arriving and seeing the hotel/motel. I found the room to "look" clean and neat, however, I always take Clorox wipes along no matter where I'm staying. Germs can't be seen!! The king sized bed was more comfortable than most and we were given plenty of towels. Apparently, this place has been remodeled since some of the reviews were written. I must say, it is in a very run down side of town though. Wouldn't want to walk down the street in the day time much less at night. They informed us that a security guard is on duty outside all night making rounds. Over all, I found the place to be just what you expect in a Holiday Inn - no better and no worse. If you're traveling thru Jacksonville on Hwy. 295, it's a good place to stay. Something in our room did cause my allergies to flair up badly though. Don't know if it was the air vent or feather comforter that I removed from the bed. Since we were with a large group, there was plenty of food out for breakfast each morning and when you pay extra for an inside room, that meal is free.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I am an employee of a holiday inn express hotel, i went to florida to visit family and the closest hotel was Holiday inn on COMMON WEALTH! When arriving the first night they had given up a second floor room, i went into the room and to start off there was a tissue on the bed, ya it happens i no so i was a little grosses out but like i said it happens. secondly i went into the bathroom and there was a water ring around the tolet that looked as if it had not been cleaned in a few days at least. then it was time for bed, we were situation the pillows and on one of them there was a black mark, it was very visible enough were they should of seen the spot. the next morning we got up and somethin of mine fell on the ground and went under the bed i got down to find it and under the bed was NASTY!!! there was a sippy cup, bottle cap rubber band and a few othere things. so i went down to the front desk and we got moved. when going into the second room it seemed ok. then the next few days got worse. the hotel is suppossed to be no pets allowed. well either someone brought them in the room when they stayed or they had a pet and didnt say anyting. either way i got bit by FLEAS. I HAVE BITES ALL OVER ME!!! and i no how the clean rooms so we never asked for the roomed to be cleaned, well one of the days we had just asked for towels, but at the time they were not clean so the housekeeper said she would bring them by later. when we arrived back later that day the door was standing wide open if anyone wanted to look through our room they could of. and we never got any responce back from the hotel staff about this situation. i no i am a employee of the same branch of hotels but in my expericence working at a hotel i have never seen so many problems for one familys stay. and even with me already getting a discount i should of still recieved something for all the problems like ONE FREE BREAKFAST since the food was cold already and tasted nasty. and it also cost $7 something. WE GOT NOTHING!!! IM JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW!! i maybe picky but sometimes that s the best thing, especially in this situation!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family