“Disappointing for a frequent Marriott guest”

Jacksonville Marriott
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have to say that this was probably the worst Marriott room I can remember having in a long time. The A/C ran continuously, so I would have to turn it off so that the room didn't get too cold. Since it was summer and humid in Jacksonville, the windows had condensation on them from the cold room temperature, and the room smelled somewhat mildewy.

The room furnishings were very dated, and I don't even think it had the latest Marriott bed. In fact, it still had a bedspread instead of the new white duvet. I find this very gross, since they aren't changed out after every guest.

The concierge lounge was very disappointing in its meal and beverage offerings.

The outstanding part was that the staff was exceedingly friendly at check-in and check-out, with the exception of the concierge.

I didn't stay at the Marriott on my next visits, choosing instead to stay at a Residence Inn and a Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for a two night work meeting. I got to pick the spot and this is what I choose. The building is pretty standard from the road. Its really accessible to I-95 and the local corporate parks. The inside is dated but the staff was friendly enough.

The room was a bit of a problem or I should say the bed. It was so soft that I awoke each day with a sore back. I opted for 2 queen beds. The room finishings all looked fine and the bathroom was updated. It was however time for a mattress switch. Wifi worked great. I also enjoyed the in room coffee.

I can't decide if I would stay here again or not. I stayed for the points and may do it again but would look to other nearby Marriott properties first.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PGA2
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We are Marriott members and frequently stay at them. What is different about this one? I really don't know what they do, but the bed is absolutely the most comfortable I have ever, ever slept in. The duvet is thick and soft and there are lots of thick soft pillows. The bed is just the right hardness and the room temperature is perfectly consistent. The air conditioner is so quiet you can't tell it's on.

Spotlessly clean, of course. The people who work here are all friendly and helpful. The bathtub is easy to work, has good water pressure, and the shower curtain stays put. It doesn't blow against you like some showers. Curtains close all the way to make the room very dark. LAN connections as well as wi-fi for a good signal in every room, even if you aren't near the hot spot.

I try to be positive in my reviews and give five's but this is one time where I wish I could give a little higher score.

One caveat: be sure to look at an overview in Google maps and know exactly how to get the last half mile if you are driving here. The little dog leg on Belford/Salisbury is confusing and difficult to navigate if you aren't exactly sure what you are doing. You have a very short distance to traverse two lanes of traffic including traffic coming off the interstate on a funny side rode and then turn right on a one way street. I'm not good at these but husband explained it to me and showed me AND I have a GPS. I have now done it ten times in the last week and still find it annoying.

I am presently in Jacksvonville for a week, spending all day each day in the hospital/nursing home with my mother-in-law. Of course, this isn't an easy task. It is really nice to know I am going back to a great night's sleep and some wonderful pampering myself each night! And two little chocolates on the pillow.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was a great hotel. The room was great, bathroom was impeccable, breakfast was fantastic, and the staff was extremely friendly. The one caveat to all this is that my traveling colleague has Elite level on the Marriott plan, so we were able to get a room on the concierge floor. That basically saved our stay, I believe. When we arrived there was a large group of teenagers in the lobby area, due a basketball team and their cheerleaders staying there. I imagine it was quite noisy in other areas of the hotel through the night.
But I'm here to review what I thought other people were experiencing. Our stay was fantastic, and I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 2 March 2012

When I stay in Jacksonville, I always chose to stay at the Marriott Jacksonville on Salisbury Rd. It is a wonderful hotel. Very clean. Very professional and friendly staff. Breakfast is very delicious! Always a pleasure to stay there. I'm looking forward to my next stay there at the end of this month, while enroute to South Carolina.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Marriott Jacksonville is a well maintained, fairly well equipped hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed on business for one night. Good location, value for money, decent rooms too. Nothing spectacular, but decent Marriott standard. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
2 mi away
#49 of 134 in Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#71 of 134 in Jacksonville

Been to Jacksonville Marriott? Share your experiences!