“Great place to stay”

Ranked #51 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Frisco, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel a lot.....i mean, A LOT. typically 1 to 2 weeks a month. That have never let me down. Their friendly staff remembers me by first name, because that's how I told them to address me well over a year ago. Their food is great and I love the option of 2 pools, one indoors and one out doors. If you need a group to stay or meeting rooms they can handle it as well. Shannon Fisher is the sales representative for my group and she is nothing short of spectacular. I plan on stating here and using this hotel for a long time

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CHukill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've never written a review, but travel a third of the year. Marriott is my brand. I checked into this hotel at last minute through my travel agent. Stayed at the Courtyard at Mayo Clinic night before and it was very clean and modern with good food (as are all of the courtyards due to the upgraded branding) Agree with other observations that check in was very enthusiastic and they put me on concierge level ( which you have to pay for drinks as honor barl, and there was no food set out by 5:00pm). Very dated hotel, small rooms; pool which is not in use and you can hear the noise coming from 95, and elevators and rooms have been doused in cheap cologne. Final straw, someone just walked into my room without a knock. Doors don't lock automatically-you need to use deadbolt. Scary... Courtyard costs less and you get a lot more.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea H
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great Staff, Clean Property, Safe Setting. Not as convenient as I would like but for the cleanliness, friendly staff and the safe setting, happy to go 2 miles out of the way. I have yet to be disappointed after several stays this year.

Ledyard
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Looking for a hotel off 95 for the night. This place was great. Room was a nice size and very clean, the bathroom was spotless and well laid out. The staff was extremely friendly and professional when checking in and out. I would definitely stay here again. We just were here late and out early so I didn't get to see the pool, but if its anything like the lobby, rooms and hallways it should be very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed a single night at this full service Marriott, because it was near my business meetings. I found the front desk staff perky, smiley and condescending. Finding my room, I was pleased to see that it was bright, roomy, overlooked the pool and was nicely furnished, though dated. Upon settling in, however, I was shocked to see how much dust was in the room, clinging to almost every surface. (We're talking dust bunnies here.) ***To be fair, they are undergoing a renovation, so fighting dust must be a constant battle. It was simply not up to the usual Marriott standard. Future meetings in the area will find me experimenting with some of the other Marriott Family hotels nearby.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I spent one night at this property and thought it was a good Marriott. I travel a lot and mostly stay at Marriott's. The concierge lounge was good, lobby bar/dining was pretty decent and the service at the front desk was nice. The room was the standard Marriott which is fine and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again.

Phoenix AZ
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend while attending a family reunion in Jax. Very convenient location right off I-95 and J. Turner Butler Blvd. Easy access to Downtown, Mandarin or the beaches. Check in was easy and quick. The person on the desk was friendly and had us on our way in no time. The lobby looks pretty good but the rooms are showing some age. The tile in the bath room is pretty dated. The halls are just a little worn. Nothing bad mind you, just not what I would expect at a Marriott. I didn't try the restaurant lounge so I can't comment on that. Very nice fitness center. That has obviously been updated recently and had plenty of equipment, all in good condition. Jacksonville is definitely a "car" city and you won't want to stay here without a car. There's a Dave and Busters in walking distance but for anything else you'll need transportation. All in all not bad. For $89/nt it was certainly worth every penny. I guess I was just a little surprised at the condition of the property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family