“Excellent service & hotel #”

Jacksonville Marriott
Ranked #51 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Hats off to the gentleman working the front desk who welcomed us in at 2am. We are platinum members and were very impressed. Nice rooms, super comfortable! Great Place. We will definately be back. Thank you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I'm going to start off by saying my experience at this hotel was FANTASTIC because of the employees. The rooms weren't fabulous and the common areas were average but the personal service and attention to detail was superb. From the ever-so-friendly people at the front desk, to the guy from room service who happened to see me walk past him near the elevator with a bottle of wine and say, "ma'am, if you need a cork screw for that, just let me know. I'll have it up to you right away." VERY observant! Sunday night, I was having problems with my cable. A service technician was sent up within minutes to fix the problem. As he was there, he noticed that the batteries on my remote were starting to die out. He said, "I'll be back within 10 minutes to bring you a new remote so you don't have any further problems with the tv." Wouldn't you know, he was back at the door within the time he said with a new remote in hand. Now THAT's the kind of service that a traveler wants. After a long day of flight delays and frustration from traveling, a little something extra to let the customer know that you're business is valued is a really nice touch!
Front desk people, service with a smile. I was treated like a guest should be, as if I was a friend visiting. Everyone working here seemed to genuinely like their job and each other. That makes a huge difference in the service they provide.
Great idea giving (business) customers a list of entertainment and places to eat in the area and their proximity to the hotel. That is something so simple for a hotel to do and SO helpful to a person (like myself) who has never been to the area.
Parking was on site, free and easy. Although I have no reason to travel to Jacksonville again, I really wish this staff could train other hotels on how to treat a customer. The manager should be VERY proud of his staff for the excellent service they provide. BRAVO!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Matt and the entire staff is fantastic! Made for a very enjoyable stay during a very busy weekend! The breakfast buffet was very good, the rooms were clean and the hotel was in a central location to downtown, easy to get to and ample parking! This will be my go to hotel whenever I am in the Jacksonville area!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Really impressed with this Marriott - compares favorably to the Marriotts in other major cities
Alma (sp) at the front desk was excellent - a very good room, excellent fitness room as well. Concierge room was one of the best compared to any Marriott visited. An overall solid hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It's really my fault for not paying attention to the reviews on this hotel. Every comment about the run-down nature of the hotel is accurate. When I went to my room there was a section of wall in the hallway that had been cut out (about 6 to 8 ft long). A long sheet of brown paper was stapled to the opening to cover it. When I arrived in my room it smelled like stale cigarettes so I asked to move. They quickly accommadated me. Unfortunately, there were what seemed like a few hundred college (or maybe High School) athletes staying at the hotel. I was between two rooms of girls screaming, playing loud music, slamming doors, giggling and running down the hallways. After about 9:30 pm everthing calmed down a bit. At least enough for me to take the earplugs out. As I was starting to drift off the party picked up again outside my window in the front parking lot. I lay there in a half-sleep expecting the staff of the Marriot to break up the trash-talking and yelling but I had to re-insert my earplugs and eventually (around midnight) I was the puhgs were able to muffle enough sound that my travel weary rear-end was able to fall asleep. I don't know Why I didn't complain. I usually do.

The next morning I checked out early and spent the rest of my time at a hotel with more pride and quieter clientele.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Let me be clear from the beginning: if the staff here weren't so friendly, I would've given a lower rating. My first night, I arrived just short of Midnight, so one might expect I was worn out from traveling, and one would be correct. I was rewarded with a double bed room nowhere near the concierge floor to which I was informed I had access because of my Platinum Marriott status. Too tired to complain, I was greeted by one unsleepable bed and one that was marginally acceptable, so in hindsight, I guess it was good the roomI had two beds instead of the king I requested in my profile. The room smelled musty, something common in Florida, but something that is easily addressed... but it wasn't addressed in this room.

As difficult as it is to keep up a workout regimen on the road, I hoped to spend some quality time in the fitness center the following morning, but alas, it was closed for three days in order to add a new air conditioning unit. While I understand that necessity in Florida, could it have maybe waited until the weekend when there are fewer business travelers who would use the facility? When I'm paying nearly $200 a night (with no prior notice of this maintenance and no rate discount for the inconvenience), I expect better. I also think two regular coffee packets in the room isn't too much to ask.

The bright side? The staff was terrific, from those working the front desk and the lobby, to the waitstaff and maintenance people. In particular, Shirley at the Bistro was wonderful for the morning buffet, and the nice lady in the concierge lounge in the evening did very well, too. The bedding was nice and the LG flat screen TV was, too.

There is a comparable hotel just a couple of miles South of this one, and I believe I'll be giving them my business the next time I'm in the area. I see the room rate is 109 a night. Hmmmmm.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheesehead7
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was only here for one night, but it was a good experience and I would return without hesitation. The hotel is well located and easily accessible. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business