“Perfect Getaway”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I just enjoyed a weekend getaway in Jacksonville, Florida, where we were attending an event. We stayed at the Omni Hotel in downtown Jacksonville. This is an absolutely beautiful hotel. We got a phenomenal rate on a Saturday night, and we were quite impressed when we arrived at our room. We had a room on the 14th floor which gave us an impressive view of downtown. The room was spotless as well as the bathroom which was also spacious. The bathroom has all the essentials needed, such as hairdryer, shampoos, lotions, and soaps so you don't need to bring those things from home if you don't want. One of the things I liked in the bathroom is that there was also a swivel magnifying mirror on the wall, which is great for applying makeup. You don't always find that in many hotels. There are complimentary robes in the closet which you can use during your stay and can also be purchased at the hotel if you find that you'd like to have a keepsake. The bed was extremely comfortable, so a good night's sleep is a sure thing. The floor we were on was very quiet. You did not hear doors banging or noises from any other rooms. The lobby of the hotel is just beautiful - bring your camera. There's some good pictures to be had right there in the lobby, such as sculptures and views through the glass ceiling. Whenever you pass a staff member, they always acknowledged us and the front desk people couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The hotel was right across the street from the venue we were attending, so we didn't need to move our car once we got there. The hotel is also just feet away from the waterfront which has great restaurants, bars and fun shops. We had a wonderful time during our stay here at the Omni and we are just looking for reasons to schedule another getaway without going too far from home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

We were thrilled to read about your experience at The Omni Jacksonville Hotel. We are so glad you found some great material for pictures and that all of your needs were met during your time with us. It would be a pleasure for us to have you stay with us again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,118)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

The room was spacious and mostly comfortable, with nice toiletries. I especially liked the complimentary bottle of water & the exercise kit (mat, exercise bands, etc.) The lighting was poor, though, with a bedside light that I could not turn on. I'd like to think that I'm a reasonably intelligent person who, by this stage in her life, had mastered the skill of turning on a light switch, but this one had me flummoxed. I don't know if it required the hand strength of a stevedore or the skills of a mechanical engineer, but I couldn't master the task.

I appreciated a very swift check-in with gracious front-desk staff (sign up for the Omni rewards program for paper-free check-in and check-out) and the excellent rate offered to government employees. My breakfast was a huge disappointment, though. Not only was the buffet lackluster, the service was atrocious. I couldn't get the waitress' attention to order a cup of coffee, and had to resort to complaining to the hostess. I was not offered a refill of coffee or water, and had to get up to hunt down the waitress in order to get my check. Breakfast service in a business hotel should be swift and efficient; this was neither.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ElvisLoveChild

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville. We regret that the light in your room was not working correctly and wish we would have had the opportunity to fix it for you. In addition, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for your breakfast experience. We will be sharing your feedback with our restaurant manager and are confident in saying that this is not the norm in our restaurant. Thank you for also sharing your positive feedback and we truly hope for a future opportunity to provide you with a stay that meets all of your expectations!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Omni is a nice property near the riverwalk in Jacksonville. It is very comfortable and the decor is lovely. It is quite pricey and not a good value. Breakfast was $17 in the hotel restaurant. Really! This is Jacksonville, Fl, not New York. I won't be doing this again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback although we were disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay fell short of your expectations. We hope for a future opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here for the 26.2 with Donna race, which the hotel was one of the host hotels. Because of that, we got a great discounted rate. The hotel was very nice. All the staff were very friendly.
The valet was a little expensive at $20 a day. There is public parking at $10 a day right there but with valet you can come and go as much as you want.
The room was nice. With all the lamps on high, it was still quite dark in the room. The bathroom was worn, dirty grout, worn out shower liner, etc. the bed way very comfortable.
The location is right downtown. Jacksonville's downtown, at least in Feb, closes up on the weekends. The Landing is right across the street but it was very deserted except a few other hotel guests. Maybe it's more lively in the summer. I would pick a hotel closer to the beaches next time.

1  Thank staceyvols

Thank you for staying at The Omni Jacksonville for the 26.2 with Donna race. We appreciate your feedback both positive and constructive and will be sure to share some of your comments with our operations team. We appreciate your review and hope you will reconsider a future stay with us.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed here for one night to see a concert at the Times-Union Center, and I must say I enjoyed my stay very much. I found a very reasonable rate several months before my trip, so that's why I chose to stay here, in addition to the sheer convenience of being directly across the street from the Times-Union Center!

The hotel is very lovely inside, and the rooms are clean and very nicely appointed. My room was in a quiet location, and the bed was comfortable. I rarely sleep well in hotels, but I got a great night's sleep at the Omni. I felt very comfortable and it was QUIET! I couldn't hear the people around me at all. The bathroom was also very nice, complete with the usual amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, etc. in case you forget to pack your own.

If you sign up for the Select Guest program ahead of time (at the free level), you can get free WiFi in your guest room and avoid the usual $9.95 charge. I had done my research on this ahead of time so I enjoyed the free Wifi. It wasn't spotty at all, which I was happy to see. There are other perks to this program, but to be honest I joined for the WiFi.

I had my car with me, and skipped the valet and just parked in the garage. It was $12 to park there for one day/night.

I didn't eat in Juliet's Bistro, but a friend of mine did (who was also staying at the Omni at the same time) and said she had a delicious steak there which was quite good and very tender. We did have some snacks and drinks at the bar which were delicious. The bar area is very nice and comfortable, it looks out on some sort of little garden area.

I ordered room service breakfast in the morning and it was delivered exactly on time and very hot! They have a number of different choices for breakfast (on the room service menu) including continental, "healthy start" (or something) and then a full breakfast with eggs and all of that. Pricey, of course, but it's room service, so what do you expect?

The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the valets were always quick to ask me if I needed help finding any place to go or if I needed a car pulled around.

The location of the Omni is probably the greatest perk, especially if you are seeing a show at the Times-Union Center or want to step over to The Jacksonville Landing for dinner or a walk around. We had dinner over there and then walked to the venue for the show, and it was incredibly convenient to be able to walk barely 10 or so steps right into the hotel after the show was over! That made it so worth it for me!

I will definitely stay here again IF I can get another reasonable rate in the future, especially if I'm seeing a show at the TUC again! I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone coming to the downtown Jacksonville area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your generous recommendation of The Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location across from the Times Union Center and the Jacksonville landing. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife has stayed here a few times! She loved it and contrary to what the other person said, Brandon was very helpful to her. We'll both be there for the next 4 days and are looking forward to it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

We are glad your wife has enjoyed her stays and we appreciate her compliments of Brandon. We hope your next getaway with us exceeded all of your expectations!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The hubs & I ran in a 5k (26.2 with Donna) and this hotel offered us a promotional special on the room. Excellent location- we walked to the Prime Osborne Center (race headquarters) and to the Landing. Truthfully, though, if I had paid full price for my room I would have been disappointed. The rooms were dated, not modern, the tub didn't drain well, need a manual to figure out the shower knobs- I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. Wireless was $10 a day, and valet parking $20. Location, though, was great.

Room Tip: Omni has 16 floors. We were on 15.