“Best Hotel in Jax”

Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best Hotel in Jax”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at two other Jax hotels, and this one is our favorite. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly. The valet fee for parking is 20 dollars a night with unlimited in and out. Jacksonville landing is across the street-shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
1 Thank Amanda F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I really liked this hotel. The staff, the room, the restaurant and even the bar area are wonderful. My colleagues and I were able to meet the in the seating area near the bar and the service was wonderful. The food in the restaurant was outstanding. We ate there for breakfast and lunch - pleasantly surprised for both.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
We are glad that all aspects of your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville exceeded your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed six days at the Jacksonville Omni Hotel. It was a most positive experience. We had a beautiful room on the /six floor overlooking the river and Landing. Our rate included breakfast and valet parking. The breakfasts were wonderful. Lots of choices from fresh fruit, to cereals, eggs, sausage , bacon and of course a wonderful person just waiting to make you an omelet of your choice. The service was excellent and all staff were highly professional and friendly. We had a great time at the bar during happy hour. Again the bartenders were friendly, helpful and provided great service. The valet service is exceptional...never waited more than a few minutes for the car and was met with a smile, asking if we needed directions or assistance of any kind. Just an overall pleasant experience.. All staff are attentive and helpful. The hotel is close to the Landing and only 20 minutes from the airport. The hotel has a small pool and well equipped gym. We are planning to return again next year. We had no complaints and truly enjoyed our stay at the Omni.

Room Tip: Corner room ..higher floor have a better view.
2 Thank cynthia0
We are thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at The Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this location over the weekend...and this was the place to be! There were two different weddings going on!

Our requested early check-in was handled promptly and courteously and we were given a room on the 15th floor with a side view of the water. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was standard. We had to do a little searching for the coffee-maker, but as another reviewer stated, no refrigerator or microwave.

We had a bit of a concern on Saturday evening...we returned after a social event around 11:00pm. As we were heading for the elevator (2 women, 2 men), there was a young man dressed in a t-shirt and ratty jeans in the lobby who had obviously been drinking..and he held his hand out to shake our hands (the ladies, that is). We pretty much kept moving, and he proceeded to tell us he was a fun "..obscene term...". This encounter was near the chairs in the lobby very near the elevator within sight of the front desk, and had I been alone, this would have made me extremely nervous. We don't know if he was a guest, but the front desk should have alerted security with his behavior.

On Sunday morning...we were dressed and ready to head out for the day when the maid knocked on the door at around 8:30am. We told her we would be out the door in about 5 minutes, and she told my husband "You people are just killing me...we're really busy and we're trying to get our work all done." Again, he told her that we would be leaving in just a few minutes (which we did) and we would be out all day. We came back that evening around 7pm with our room NOT being serviced. He called the front desk, to which the lady there replied, "Well, what do you want me to do about it?". We were not necessarily angry about it, but we requested more washcloths and coffee..which a lovely and pleasant employee brought to us promptly.

We did not take advantage of the hotel restaurants, pool or fitness facilities.

We self-parked in the parking garage adjacent to the hotel. Since it was the weekend, there were several spots open. The payment machine was a little cantankerous...but that was minor.

We only pretty much slept and showered at the hotel, but I guess that was the idea!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you for bringing the issues you experienced to our attention. We do have security on staff that responds promptly to any and all concerns. It seems security was alerted and reported to the desk to ensure there were no further inappropriate interactions, we do apologize that it occurred. We also apologize for the comments from the housekeeping staff. We are coaching the staff to ensure that hurried approach is not continued. Thank you again for your time and comments; we do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Great location, walking distance to the Landings and many other local city sites. Very good service and food was good. Very soft water for bathing. Pillows are the large overstuffed variety
so if you don't like large pillows, bring your own. No Refrigerator nor Microwave in our room. Parking is $ 20/ day and only Valet is available. There are other parking lots nearby, but I didn't check out there pricing.
Wireless Internet is available in common areas. There is a $ 9.95 fee in the room unless you join the OMNI Guest program. This program is free to join, so to not get charged for internet service,
make certain your guest number for the OMNI guest program, is on your reservation.

Room Tip: City views are better on the top floor If you need hand Grab rails, double check with the front des...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Omni Jacksonville and for sharing the information about our Select Guest program. With so many valuable perks, it is a must for any guest! We are glad you had a good stay with us and we hope you will return again soon.
Alexanc
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am very torn about whether or not I like this hotel. I will say that every single staff member was very polite, friendly and accommodating. I was most impressed with the valet crew. It was a very busy weekend and they didn’t drop the ball once on service or professionalism. They were very quick to park and retrieve our car and I didn’t feel any sort of pressure to tip (though I did tip well, on top of the $20.00 a day parking fee). Housekeeping and room service were the biggest downfalls of this hotel. I was very much looking forward to a nice view from our room. I was so disappointed when I saw that the entire bay window was filthy and covered in a film that greatly compromised the view.

The first morning our entire room was cleaned except for the bathroom. I figured the housekeeper must have forgotten. No biggie. I was in the shower when she came knocking to clean it. My husband declined her offer and said we were going to be busy getting ready for several hours for an event and not to worry about it. He put the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign up so that we wouldn’t have any more interruptions. Shortly after my shower, while I was ironing and still in a robe, there was a knock on the door. I said to my husband “Isn’t the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign up”, before he could answer, the housekeeper was on the other side of the door explaining that she needed to clean my bathroom. It was sort of comical, yet annoying. That evening after our outing, we decided to order room service. Part of our order was missing and we asked the delivery guy to bring the rest of our order. He apologized profusely, said he would go back to get them, and that was the last we seen of him. Since it was around 1am in the morning and we were tired we decided to let it go, and just go to bed. The food was expensive as is most room service food and was absolutely disgusting. Not sure how you can go wrong with pepperoni pizza, but they somehow managed to.

The next day we ventured out again and came back to a room that was spotless, except that our comforters were thrown on the floor with the pillows. I called and spoke with a manager about it and decided to bring up the other previous issues. It was evening time and we were getting ready for bed. His solution to satisfy me was to send housekeeping up to fix the beds properly. I told him that was not an adequate solution and that I would be including all of this in an online review. That immediately got his attention and he offered to make some adjustments to our bill.

The air conditioning was terrible. The vending machine was out of bottled water the entire weekend, so if one did not want to drink tap water, you could purchase one from the wet bar for $5.00. Also if you have a fixed budget for your trip and don’t want to risk going over on your debit card, decline their offer for the key to the wet bar because they put a hold on your account for $150.00. If you are concerned about phone charges, make sure you do not use the phone in your room, as we were charged for local calls. There seem to be convenience charges for everything!!!! The room itself was nice, the beds level of comfort was decent. The biggest thing I liked about the hotel is it is close to the Jacksonville Landing which has a mall, restaurants, entertainment and a water taxi you can take a cruise on.

1 Thank Alexanc
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
We appreciate your candid feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your experiences with both housekeeping and in room dining. Please accept our apologies and know that we will be sharing your feedback with the managers of those departments. Although we regret that we dropped the ball on some aspects of your stay we value all of your feedback and thank you for allowing us to understand where we have room for improvement. We do thank you for taking the time to recognize our associates and especially our valet staff and we hope that you will give us a second opportunity to provide you with a great stay.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Great Downtown location if you are on business. However, my room appeared frayed around the edges - water stains on some of the furniture plus room was dusty, as if room not occupied recently. Thin walls, could hear occupant in nearby room coughing, and sounded like they were practically in my room. My room was overlooked in the morning - no free USA Today at my door - other occupants on my floor had the paper at their door. Hotel restaurant good food and service, but not surprisingly, PRICEY. On the surface, a glitzy looking hotel, but in reality, nothing special, other than its location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chewsychik
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Although we wish your stay had been flawless, we do appreciate the opportunity to understand where we missed the mark so we know where to focus our efforts to make improvements. Please accept our apologies for the lapses that you experienced and we hope we will have a future opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.