“Best hotel in downtown Jacksonville”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best hotel in downtown Jacksonville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I've stayed at other hotels in downtown Jacksonville, this is by far your best bet. It's the newest hotel downtown, so the rooms and the entire hotel are cleaner and updated. Great large screen TV's. Good internet connection. I was here for a conference and loved the restaurant. Waiters and staff outstanding. Food great. Very clean hotel. It's not located on the river but it's only 1-block away. Frankly, the river isn't much to look at. This is better hotel overall than others located on the river. The only downside is that parking is a challenge if you don't use valet. I used valet and it was fast and efficient.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
We are delighted that we have your vote for best hotel in downtown Jacksonville. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Jackosnville, fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Parking is terrible. Lot charges $10 per day and will re-charge you everytime you leave the lot.
Hotel knickle and dimes you to death. Wireless internet is not free. Discovered this when I got a $10 bill for logging on with my smartphone.
Mini fridgerator can not be used, because it is full of goodies and booze. The items in the fridge are way overpriced. The 24hr kitchen is nice, but the cooking is terrible and food is terrible.
The bed was not made correctly. There was no fitted sheet on the mattress; it was a top sheet just tucked in. The pillows were not comfortable at all. I might sound picky, but this is supposed to be a 4 Star hotel. Holiday Inn Express hotels provide more comfort than the Omni.

Room Tip: Walls are thin and guests in other rooms kept us up all night.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
We were disappointed to read about your recent stay at our hotel. Although we wish you would have had a better experience we are grateful for the opportunity to understand where we fell short. We do offer a complimentary Select Guest program which includes many valuable perks like complimentary wireless internet and regret that we missed the opportunity to share this with you. Please accept our apologies for your less than perfect stay and we hope we will have a second opportunity in the future to provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed one night at this beautiful hotel. I checked in late as I was setting up a conference at the nearby convention center- a short cab ride away. Hotel staff were friendly and on the ball. They helped me get checked in quickly and answered all my questions. Room service was fast and food was great. Big portions and very nice presentation. Had a good night's sleep- very quiet room. Checkout was easy in the morning and the bellman was up quickly. I left my laptop in the room, and the hotel manager offered to overnight it immediately to my home, no problem! Overall, amazing service and very convenient stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your glowing review of the Omni Jacksonville. We know that setting up a conference can be stressful and we are thrilled that we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay and great service after a hard day's work. It would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guest again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We recently stayed at this Omni because my boyfriend had a business meeting on Saturday morning. We have stayed here before. The rooms are large, nice, well lit bathroom. Comfortable beds. The lobby is pretty. $10 per night self parking, $20 per night valet parking. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel, both nice. We ate breakfast both mornings. Food was good, as always pricey because it's a hotel. They serve Starbuck's coffee in the bar and restaurant but there is not a stand along Starbuck's on site. There is a pool on the 4th floor of the hotel, with an entrance from the pool area leads to a small fitness center. Overall, after walking around the area and looking up info about all of the hotels near the Landing, this is probably the nicest hotel you'll find. We will stay here next time we are in Jacksonville!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
We are delighted to read that you and your boyfriend have enjoyed your stays at the Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate you taking the time to share a recommendation on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next visit.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Omni recently for a family wedding. It is a very nice hotel, everything was clean and attention to detail was obvious. Everyone was very friendly. We really didn't like having to pay $20 a day to park (valet) or at least $10 in the public lot, but you couldn't go in and out without paying the $10 again. Other than that, it was a very nice choice for hosting a wedding and the reception. The breakfast buffet the next morning was delicious. The bride's family hosted a brunch for the guests at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
We are thankful that a family wedding gave you the opportunity to experience the Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.
BRISTOL , ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I used this Hotel as a stopover on my way to Orlando, i only stayed one night but wanted a Hotel where there was plenty to keep me occupied whilst there, it turned out to be an excellent choice.
There is a rather unusual approach to the Hotel entrance, up a side street, which is easily missed, however there are driving directions provided on your reservation confirmation. The valet parking, part of the package I had, was well worth it, the bellman were helpful although not the set up I like where the bellman takes your luggage outside and a different one delivers to your room, expecting you to tip twice, (although I do this at half the rate I would normally have given).
Nice foyer with pleasant check in staff, complimentary iced lemonade available.
I had booked the getaway package at a very reasonable rate of $149 + tax, this included parking, breakfast and a premier king room with a river view, the room was very nice, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and all other amenities reflected the high quality of the Hotel.
The location is excellent, you are very close to the river and Jacksonville landing, where there are numerous restaurant, bar and entertainment options available, you are also close to the mono rail station should you wish to travel further afield.
I was not impressed with the $5.50 charged for a small bottle of Bud light in the bar, needless to say I only had one. I did not eat dinner in the restaurant but what I thought was really helpful was the large book on display outside the bar/restaurant entrance which had all the local restaurant options along with menu samples. I ended up eating at Jacksonville landing and was very impressed with the whole experience.
Breakfast the next day was probably the best breakfast I have experienced in any American Hotel, the buffet choice was quite extensive and the quality excellent.
I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a room in the Jacksonville area, I would not hesitate to book on my next visit to north Florida.

Room Tip: The getaway package offered by Omni is great value with the parking, breakfast and an upgraded room...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
It was a pleasure for us to read about your recent experience at the Omni Jacksonville. We are glad you had a great stay at our hotel and enjoyed our convenient location near Jacksonville Landing and other downtown attractions. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.
new port richey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed in the Omni Hotel In Jacksonville Florida on Feb 21 2012. 8 days after my stay I discovered my first beg bug in home. I contacted the hotel but they told there is nothing they can do and they do not have bed bugs. There is no other place I could have gotten these bugs.
I have tracked my everystep. I have thrown out so many personal items.
I just threw out my last bed. A total of 3 beds. My two children are now sleeping on air matresses.
The stress and anxiety are causing me to become physically sick. The money I have spent on trying to get rid of these bugs and the loss of my personal belongings is just overwhelming

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business