Omni Jacksonville Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Scottish Inn(Jacksonville)
Gator Lodge(Jacksonville)
2,208 results
All reviewstimes union centervalet servicemini barroom servicenice hoteldowntown areawithin walking distanceview of the riverself parkingrooftop poolbusiness tripenjoyed my stayexcellent stayfront desk staffbed was very comfortablestaff was friendlylanding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was my first stay in an Omni hotel. I had always associated the brand with being "too rich for my blood". When I found the hotel close to the event I was attending, and at a reasonable price, I was pleasantly surprised and decided to give it a shot.

A couple of items of note... I made my reservation over the phone, well in advance. The woman I spoke with was nice, but didn't speak English well. My name and address were grossly misspelled on my confirmation email, even after I spelled them for her. Also, I added breakfast to my reservation for each night of our stay, for my husband and myself. Upon arrival I received one voucher for one person for a "to-go breakfast". The front desk was very accommodating and straightened out the matter with no further issue, but the reservation over the phone was not worth calling.

The room was ok. You can tell it is a big city, downtown hotel. The beds are very comfy though! Kudos on that! A minus is there was no fridge in the room and WiFi is an additional fee. It seems most hotels in the area are like this.

Valet and the Concierge were both polite and well-mannered, as expected.

After departure I realized something was left behind. Upon arriving home I phoned the hotel. They went right to work trying to locate the item. However, it was not found. From talking to others the chances of a lost item being returned is slim, but it is still troubling when you KNOW you left an item which was "never found".

Overall, good hotel, very courteous staff. Walking distance to most major venues.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband & I were attending a concert at The Florida Theater and wanted to spend the night. We live almost 3 hours away. I choose The Omni because of the lower rate and we had stayed there in the past and enjoyed it. We usually stay at The Hyatt but it was a lot more. The Hyatt is within walking distance of the theater....the Omni is a little further away. I had read some horrible reviews of The Omni....was a bit nervous upon check-in...but my fears were put to rest quickly. The valet & front desk staff were welcoming, gracious, & helpful, the room was clean, the food was good at the bar LATE after the concert and the breakfast buffet was delish! Everything was so fresh...and the wait staff was great. We really had a great stay....goes to show ya' that you can't believe everything you read.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

We are delighted to see the service we strive for reflected in your review. Thank you for sharing all of your kind compliments and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Overall great place to stay. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms are fine.. comfy beds! Nice touches if you are a Select guest . Sign up before your stay.
Late night bar with good food. Nice to have in Jacksonville.. restaurants seemed to close early.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I've always adored the brand, however, this particular location stands out in excellence. I have never been disappointed in the staff, nor in their service. The manager and director of hospitality at the Omni are always quick to meet my every request. They go far above and beyond to assure the comfort level of the guest. The bellman are absolute princes! I enjoy an evening stroll Riverside..the gents employed there are very thoughtful and quite literally have offered to guard my well-being, should I enjoy a quick run to a nearby shoppe for an impromptu purchase- day or night! This level of thoughtful courtesy goes far beyond the expectation of the average hotel guest. Even the housekeeping staff was alerted of my personal preferences regarding certain brands of bottled water, toiletries, etc., and as such I found they were delivered to my suite. While gestures such as these are not requested, they are genuinely appreciated and - I feel that this level of personal attention should speak volumes in setting this hotel apart- and well above, all others.

• Stayed: April 2013

It was truly a pleasure to read how well you are taken care of by our associates at the Omni Jacksonville. Thank you for sharing all of your kind words and we look forward to pampering you on many future visits.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My stay at the Jacksonville Omni was tolerable, but not the most relaxing of experiences. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were okay, but check in was quite the hassle. I had booked through kayak and confirmed my reservation with the hotel staff the Wed. before my arrival. The staff confirmed a Premier River View room, but when i arrived the hotel stated the reservation did not specify the type of room because it was not booked through the hotel website and they had no river view rooms available. I was both confused and frustrated by this information, especially when i had confirmed it just 2 days prior.

Long story short, after looking at 3 different rooms, i gave up and chose one which offered a slight view of the river. Upon check out i asked for a receipt which showed that i did not stay in a "premier river view room" so that i could obtain a refund from Kayak (Omni stated they would not reimburse me), the front desk stated that i was staying in a "river view room". At this point i was done trying to communicate, understand or deal with the Omni.

Breakdown:
1. Friendly staff, but not good with communication and had the feeling they were lying to cover their mistakes.
2. Rooms are dated, but clean. I expected more for the price, but perhaps my expectations are too high.
3. Be prepared for the 7am wakeup call day of checkout (not optional)
4. Valet was friendly, polite, and quick.

Good luck!

Room Tip: "Premier river view rooms" include rooms with minimal river views - see photo
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple