“Best Hotel in Jacksonville FL and isn't even on a beach!”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Hotel in Jacksonville FL and isn't even on a beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Downtown, however,is pretty cool?
Great staff, best Bellmen anywhere! Attentive and alert to the little details that make a hotel stay unique
The special attention I received when "mugged in the JAX suburbs" earlier this year was well beyond the call of hotel duty!
This is simply one of the Top 25 Hotels I've found in 4 decades of world travel!
Don't miss it!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Staff members were extremely friendly and services provided were great. Next time I am in the area, I will be staying at this hotel again. I have recommended this hotel to my family, friends and co-workers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Heath, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Omni has great service and very nice rooms. Valet staff was exceptional. Always had car ready when for me after call. The bed was comfortable and everything I needed was in the room. Clean rooms and no noise. Very satisfied with my stay!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I must be on a lucky streak. This is the second hotel I stayed at on this trip that had mixed reviews, but I found it to be just fine. Prior to arriving at the hotel I signed up for Omni's rewards club so I could have free Wi-Fi in my room. When I checked in at the front counter, Andrew had my key issued and I was on my way within about 2 minutes. All of the staff in the hotel were friendly and attentive. The king size bed in my room was very comfortable and the room itself was modern. The conference rooms in the hotel are located immediately off the elevators on the 2nd floor, which is very convenient. The restaurant was slightly overpriced, but I thought that the food was good and the portions just right. The hotel is only a block or so away from the Landing, which has several small shops and restaurants. The area outside of the hotel, including the Landing, is kind of old and could use some updating.

1 Thank Neal206
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I don't really have many accolades - nor do I have many complaints. I was in Jacksonville for a race, and this hotel was the most conveniently located and gave our team a good rate. The plus is that they do allow animals up to a certain size, so my dog could come. I called twice to verify this, and the fee for the dog - however - when I got to the desk to pay it, it was more than they told me on the phone only a week earlier. Overall it is clean and pretty quiet. There was nothing super special about it - it's pretty much what I expected it would be. For the price, I thought it was ideal.

We did eat at the buffet breakfast - and that I thought was completely worth the added price! A feast of options that were all very, very tasty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This Hotel is clean which is what I look for in a place that I stay in most. The food was expensive and not very satisfying. More people would be attracted to hotel if hotel would offer something. Either complimentary drinks, breakfast or snacks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Initial room I was booked into was a smoking room. Front desk said they are non-smoking but hotel service staff says otherwise. According to them the 11th floor is a smoking floor. I was booked into a new room. Rooms are average, but worn out and dated. And bathrooms need a thorough cleaning. Beds and pillows are average as well. Members of the loyalty program are supposed to get two bottles of water on checkin but was told they don't offer free water at check in. If you have a car, be careful when choosing to self park or valet. There is a lot right there but if you want parking to be billed to your room you must valet.

Room Tip: 11th floor is smoking floor.