“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Quincy
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The best hotel I have stayed in in a long time, excellent stay and excellent service. Great customer service and great staff, would suggest that anyone that want a excellent hotel with excellent service the Omni is the place to book your next reservation, you will be glad that you booked your stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I travel to Jacksonville basically every other week for business, and this place really, really makes the travel a lot less weary. Their loyalty program is absolutely excellent, they're are warm and friendly and accommodating.

When I asked two weeks in a row for a yoga mat as I was checking in, the third week onward, they'd have a yoga mat ready in my room prior to me even checking in, before I can even ask.

Every individual I have interacted with, from the valet folks to the front desk to housekeeping have been warm and genuinely friendly, and after a rough day of work away from home, that just feels really nice.

The one complaint I have is they charge any extra expenses I have to the card used for my reservation instead of the personal card I provide when checking in, which creates an extra hassle for me, getting that separated out, but in the grand scheme of things, this is by far the best hotel in Jacksonville by a mile, and I've stayed at quite a few in the past year and a half of traveling down here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The great thing about being a frequent stayer at Omni is their loyalty program. If executed properly, staying at an Omni eliminates all the hassle. Express check-in worked smoothly and that was about all. Switched rooms because AC was not working but the hotel system could not figure out I switched. The front desk after making clear they were annoyed with my requests tried to send a glass of wine to apologize for the bumps, and even that was delivered to the wrong room. Rooms are comfortable if a little worn, but all of that can be overlooked if the service is great. Juliette's food was outstanding and the hotel is quiet. Just don't expect the usual courtesies afforded frequent stayers.One additional tip; the thermostat has to be turned down to 66 degrees to work on automatic. Anything above requires the fan on high. The front desk is not aware of this but according to the engineer, is the case in every room.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Brunswick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Omni Resort in downtown Jacksonville was in a convenient location. The staff was welcoming throughout the whole stay. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced in a long time. I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is in a prime location for food and entertainment. The Jacksonville landing is next door for great restaurant, shopping, fun and also you can walk along the river. The rooms were very clean, and the shower head was powerful, which I love. It was very quiet, the beds were comfortable, and the black out curtains were very helpful in getting a good night sleep. Making the reservation was very easily, the valet service was prompt, the check in was very quick, and the bell men were patient, kind and very courteous. We ate at the restaurant within the hotel. The service was prompt, and the food was excellent. Our checkout was quick. We stored our luggage within the hotel, and the bell man was friendly and efficient. When we returned for our luggage and car, the bell man was quick, and the valet parking attendant promptly retrieved our car and was very polite and professional. I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great hotel and restaurant convenient to downtown office buildings. Very friendly staff. Appreciate the Omni Select Guest perks such as Internet, pressing service and shoe shine. Always my choice when in Jacksonville on business.

Jupiter, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was looking forward to this stay. I was stero-typed because the only jacket I had with me was a sweatshirt jacket and it was very cold and rainy. The staff was very short with answers and not willing to help with alternatives of where to eat. I work in retail and this hotel needs some assistance with courtesy. NOT WORTH THE PRICE

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us feedback. I do apologize if any of our associates did not respond with the utmost courtesy and service. We will certainly address this issue and the perception our actions left on one of our valued guests. We have guests that come from all around the world and dress from black tie formal to shorts and flip flops and appreciate all. When compared with the other full service hotels in the Jacksonville area we also provide one of the best values while including the most complimentary amenities. We are the only Four Diamond Hotel in Jacksonville and with a guest stay we include a complimentary loyalty program with free bottled water, free morning beverage service delivered to your guest room door at your selected time, free pressing of cloths items the day of your arrival, free shoe shine and complimentary overnight stays at any Omni Hotel or Resort earned through stays with us. All at competitive prices with all others in Jacksonville. Please contact us directly for more information about our complimentary amenities, we would be more than happy to review them with you.