“Fabulous Service at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel”

Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My husband and I go to the annual Georgia-Florida football game every year. This year, we stayed at the Omni based on the reviews of the hotel and Omni's willingness to match a price I found on the Internet. The customer service was EXCELLENT! I really don't remember the last time I felt so pampered and welcomed at a hotel. The staff, including Rob at check-in, Riza, Marty, Marco, and Brady at Juliette's, the bellmen and housekeepers, were consummate hospitality professionals. My only complaint? I gained 3 pounds from all of the chocolate cake we were given when the staff found out it was my birthday and my husband's birthday two days later!

Be sure to eat at Juliette's, and don't miss the crab cakes! The food was delicious and certainly not typical hotel food. They use fresh, local ingredients and offered a special price on a reasonably good bottle of wine.

However, be warned. Omni will match a lower rate found on the Internet, but the process is cumbersome and isn't easy to complete. Even the reservationist at the Omni's 1-800 reservation center warned me about how difficult it was - and she was right! However, I persevered, and cut over $400 off of a three-night stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zinfandelover
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2009

Thank you for your glowing review of The Omni Jacksonville and Happy Birthday again to both you and your husband. We will be certain to share all of your kind words with our staff and hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2009

There are two four star hotels in this area (Omni and Hyatt) and I stayed at both of them on a recent business trip. The Omni was comfortable enough, if not what quite what I'd call four star. Good size room, very good bed, in-room coffee maker, etc. Bathtub needed a re-hab, but okay and water pressure was great. Good lighting in bathroom with illuminated magnifying mirror, hairdryer not fixed to wall (so you could go sit down on the bed to dry your hair if you wanted).

Awkward small valet entrance that made loading and unloading of taxis, etc. problematic. Hotel contracts with a limousine service to provide shuttle service to nearby locations like the Hyatt, where I was attending a conference, or restaurants on the other side of the river. Not only would they take you, you could also call them to come get you.

There's very little in the way of restaurants or other services in the immediate area. I had room service one morning and it was reasonably priced and very good (eggs benedict, not always easy to execute). Staff friendly and efficient after an initial glitch at check-in, when I specifically asked for a king-bedded room and was given one with two doubles. A quick call to the desk got me a new room and they even brought the room key up to the new room.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate all of your feedback and are happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 29 October 2009

Booked a week night for $66 dollars. Room was overall clean. Pillow was gross. Sheets were clean. Ceiling in shower was a little moist, and had been repaired. For my needs it was fine, but for a Luxury Vacation Im not so sure. The building is just Old and you can tell. It has been reno'd recenlty, the room was modern except for TV . Id give it a "B-" for an Omni. Most Omni's I stay in are A and A+. Still, for $66 on Priceline we were stoked! Great downtown location with a ton of bars / clubs / good restaurants on the River. Very pretty downtown at night. The Omni is right in the middle of everything in JAX.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at the Omni Jacksonville. Although we regret that your stay wasn't perfect, we do always welcome comments that will allow us to make improvements to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

Stayed 5 days and 4 nights and would never go back or recomend this hotel. Too expensive and the parking fees are rediculas. The restraunt was also too expensive for the dinners we had. Location was terribler and one of our guests was robbed down by the river while we were there. When we called police it was 27 minutes before anyone arrived. A very bad trip was had by everyone. I have also talked to some people that were there when we were and they will never go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

It is very disappointing for us to hear about your stay at the Omni Jacksonville. We appreciate any feedback that can allow us to enhance our services and would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your particular experience. We have shared your concern regarding the response time after your incident with our Sheriff's office. Thank you for taking the time to write review.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel for business for the very first time this past month.I decided to bring my small children with me for the first time also.This made me nervous,but my mind was immediately at ease when the lady at the front desk expressed that she was a mother also,and if I me or the children needed anything at all to call on her,so i took her up on that offer.She helped me arrange an in-room nanny,and on my down time even set us up with transportatin to a hands on childrens museum(which my children thoroughly enjoyed.I will definetly take my children along for business again.I received a level of service at this hotell thet I have never experienced and will soon be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2009

We are so happy to hear that both you and your children had such a great experience at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel. It is a delight for us to hear that our front desk associate enabled you to take care of your business needs while enjoying time with your family. Please accept our gratitude for your review and we hope that you and your children will be back again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

The Jacksonville Omni is not in the league of some of the other Omni's where I've stayed, but their prices aren't either. It is significantly less expensive and a good value for the money. This hotel is pretty nice, located in the heart of downtown and right across from Jacksonville Landing, the entertainment and shopping center. There was nothing about my stay that was spectacular, but nothing horrible either. The pool was very nice. The restaurant was average. Overall, above average hotel and a nice stay.

On a side note -- Jacksonville, please, clean-up downtown and the Jacksonville Landing. It is an embarrassment. There are so many undesirable characters walking around (lurking) that it didn't seem safe to venture far. The fountain at the Landing was like a slum field trip. It wasn't like that a few years ago.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GatorNation

Although your stay did not go badly we are disappointed that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We will be sharing your comments with not only our management team but also our partners in the city as you have provided us valuable insight into areas in need of improvement. We do hope you will return to experience a stay that provides the quality and luxury that Omni is known for.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

I loved the location and style of the hotel. Room service is 24hr & fast but very pricey$$ And breakfast sucked and was $30 for 2 people. Parking is $18 at the hotel and $10 right next door. When we tried to leave the parking lot there was no attendent and we had to manually lift the gate. Overall I plan on staying here again bc of it's proximity to the landing but will be prepared for extra bs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Jacksonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2009

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review and are glad you liked the location and style of our hotel.  We are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our services.  While your review is not what we'd like to see, it's through comments like yours that we can make implement changes. We will look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity to provide you with the excellent service we are known for.