“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pensacola, Florida
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I only stayed one night at the Best Western Southpoint but it is a nice hotel. The room was clean and the overal decor of the entire hotel felt very modern and updated. The breakfast was also great. The only issue I had was we had some loud neighbors next to us we could hear every word they were saying and it was 1 in the morning. Overall great experience I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Ms. Monica...

It is so very kind of you to share your experience with our hotel. Reviews of this nature from such a seasoned traveler and TripAdvisor contributor are greatly appreciated by us. I have shared your review with my team today and on their behalf I would like to say "thank you" for allowing us to have hosted you and to have been able to provide you with our standard high quality of service and cleanliness. Each member of our staff takes great pride in servicing our guests and in providing them with a warm, welcoming stay to insure you are comfortable and satisfied.

We know you have accommodation choices anytime you travel and we want to insure that we are your choice when you visit Jacksonville.

We welcome the opportunity to host you again!

Warm wishes...
Your hospitality team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Thank You for accommodating our hockey team last week. We had an excellent stay. The staff was always friendly and ready to accommodate. We had many special requests and all were met with a smile. The property is clean and kept in good working order. The housekeepers greeted us with a smile and provided us with extra amenities, no questions asked. The hotel manager Mr. Green should be commended for running such a tight ship. Employees looked happy thus filtering down to the guests. Thanks again - We WILL be back. This stay changed my opinion of Best Western Hotels. I would highly recommend this property to any traveler in the Jacksonville area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr. C.W. and Family...

It was our pleasure to host you during your recent sporting event here in Jacksonville. It is with great pleasure that I shared your review with our staff. I have a super team here at the property and I appreciate your recognition of their efforts of going above and beyond to insure a great stay for your family. I am pleased that we were able to assist you in returning your little boy's beloved pillow to him as well. I know how little guys can become attached to their favorite blanky or pillow and it was my pleasure to get it back to him safely! Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel and I look foward to seeing you and your family with us in the future.

Safe journeys!
The Team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Horrible experience. Guest room smelled like vomit. Upon returning to room next day after an outing... found rat excrement all over the floor. Housekeeping even confirmed it was from a rat. Front desk staff was less than apologetic and offered no assistance in finding alternate accommodations for me and my two children. They refunded my one night's stay and I was on my own. I will never, ever stay at a Best Western. You get what you pay for.

2 Thank adcikm632
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
I would like to take a moment to follow up in writing to you regarding the conversation that we had regarding your visit to Jacksonville.

I want to thank you for taking the time to talk with me on on the 20th of February and allowing me to review the issues you discussed with me. As you know from our conversation, the room attendant you spoke to is not fluent in English and did not understand the question she was being asked. She was not confirming that the debris in the guest room under the chair and air conditioning unit was from as you described "a rat." The attendant was acknowledging that something had been spilled on the floor and from her understanding you wanted the debris removed. My executive housekeeper became involved when the front desk notified her of your statements and she personally inspected the room and as I discussed with you the floor debris was dry dog food, such as a kibble product. While it is not acceptible under any circumstance for the room attendant to have failed to vacuum this up, it is necessary for us to keep this is the proper perspective and understand exactly what the item was, in this case dog food, so that we are not leaving an exagerated idea of what actually happened. This hotel has never had, nor did have at the time of your stay, a "rat" or any other type of rodent in the hotel. Our property engages on a monthly basis a well known and respected national pest control company, SteriTech, to insure that our premises or our guests never encounters such a problem as you described.

After our telephone conversation, I spoke with the guest services agent on duty at the time of your departure. From speaking with her and with you, you were requesting assistance to locate accommodations within our vacinity and at a similar rate. Unfortunately all the hotels in our immediate area were sold out for the citywide event going on. I apologize that we could not locate other accommodations for you near our property. Having since spoken with another member of your group, I have learned that it was your desire to be housed at the Embassy Suites but the group chose to stay elsewhere due to cost. Having read your other review I know that you did return to the Embassy for the remainder of your stay and while I most certainly would prefer to have been able to provide for your comfort here at our hotel, I do understand that traveler's do have preferences in hotels and in this case the Embassy, with their two room suites was more to your preference.

Mrs. Oullette, our goal is always guest satisfaction. We strive to insure the best possible stay and I regret and apologize that we did not succeed with your visit here. I hope that you will give us another oppportunity in the future to host you as my guest and allow us to provide you with the experience that so many others have commented positively about.

Your hospitality team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We loved this hotel, will stay again, and was, for the value, by far the best place we stayed in our journey up and down the East Coast! Not only are they pet friendly, but this hotel is exceptionally clean, and the staff very professional and attentive. The breakfast was definitely a cut above! (Also, our dog was welcomed with treats from the manager!)

Good Day and Thank You!

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for you taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent visit with us. We value your opinion and your comments have been shared with my team. My staff takes great pride in the work they do and when someone such as yourself cares enough to provide feedback of this nature, it is truly uplifting for our team members. We hope that when you are in our area again you, your family and your little one will visit us. Thank you again for sending in your comments.

Yours in hospitality...
The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family
Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a well looked after, clean and well run hotel. Room, beds, linens and towels were spotless. Towels were a good size and very white and fluffy. Breakfast room was clean, well organised with good choices included in the continental breakfast - and the coffee was great. The staff were welcoming and helpful and gave us loads of useful information. When I reported that the phone wasn't working in our room, maintenance arrived about 3 minutes later to fix it. Really good service. It is very close to the I-75 so easy to find but could hear no noise from it. Didn't use the pool but it's a good size with plenty of lounge chairs. The only negative was I couldn't get a strong enough wifi signal in the room - I didn't bother to try getting a stronger signal elsewhere but just quickly popped downstairs and used the free internet access in the lobby.
This was an excellent stay and good value for money, close enough to the Veterans Memorial Arena where we were attending a concert. (About 20 mins drive)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings out to the UK!

On behalf of our entire team of hospitality hero's here at the property, I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to comment on your wonderful experience here at our hotel. Our staff members work diligently to provide each and every guest with a comfortable experience in a clean and well maintained facility. It gives us a great deal of pleasure knowing that you have been happy in your stay with us and we hope that whenever you visit our beautiful city of Jacksonville that you will make us your home away from home.

Warmest of regards,
The Hospitality Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Radford Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

5 stars is an awfull lot to give for a Best Western hotel stay in Florida, but is given here within the context of the cost and the service provided. We were a traveling athletic team and arrived early for our stay. The front desk switced rooms and made changes to accomadate us, something few hotels will do ...they also let us check out a little later from one room in order to store bags while we were competing. The staff was friendly and gave good advice. And the rooms clean and more than adaquate.

I would recommend this hotel highly, keeping in mind the value/accomadations ratio...it isn't the Ritz, but the cost isn't outrageous either..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Coach A...

On behalf of our staff here, I want to say what a pleasure it was to have you and the team with us! Your Athlete's were great to host! They were respectful of everyone, polite and well-mannered! We appreciate having a team with us that conducts themselves in such a manner and it is certainly a testiment to a well-managed sports group! So, we THANK YOU!!!

I am very pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and we hope successful! Our Sales Manager, Ivona, looks forward to having you with us again and handling any of Radford's Athletic Department's housing when in Jacksonville. Our hotel is in the perfect location for travel to the University of North Florida or Jacksonville University and we value our official status as a host hotel for the University's here in the City!

Coach, we look forward to having you back with us for all your visits!

Go Highlanders!!

Kind regards from your BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Team !
NEW WINDSOR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We checked in last evening along with Shadow the kitty after checking to be sure there was not a bus load of kids staying at the hotel like our last visit. No bowl games in Jacksonville and no screaming teenagers...The hotel was busy, but quiet. Clean rooms, not a bad "extra" of $10 for the cat, and best of all a good night's rest. A slightly better than average free breakfast and a friends staff....I will stay again...after I check if there is a game in town

Room Tip: Book a room on a upper floor and avoid a "Pet" room