“Consistently good.”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here several times now when we have had to go to Mayo Clinic. We have consistently found this hotel to be clean, very comfortable beds and friendly staff. Very nice for the excellent price we got on hotels.com.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Towels were wet in my bathroom. (did they wash them or just fold and rehang? no clean smell)
Room smelled of some kind of sickly sweet body spray? (unsettling in its pervasiveness)
Lobby and common areas very well redone recently while rooms just have a new coat of paint, also bathroom is dated and has rust stains, cracked grout, but no mold.
TV is a CRT joke, 22" and would be good company for a VCR or Betamax.
Arrived alone at midnight with a 5 y/o and a 9 mo. old, the security guard and night manager just watched me unload the car and carry the (previously sleeping) baby and child in each arm while pushing the luggage cart alone to the elevator. Help wasn't expected but the offer would have meant a lot.
Not the kind of place you would want to walk around on the carpet barefoot before bed, but the linens on the bed were neat/clean/new.
All in all, not the worst hotel i've stayed in (by a long shot) and the price was excellent when free breakfast was factored in...even if the eggs were powdered and cut into triangles...wut.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nottheprophet
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Good Day!

We appreciate your TripAdvisor review. We pride ourselves on providing a leading value in the market while keeping our guests comfortable and satisfied.

Please accept my thanks for taking time out of your day to send in your comments. We hope that when you are in the City that you will again select our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Yours in hospitality,
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Southpoint Family

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

We won this hotel off hotwire. We didn't know which hotel we was going to get....we gambled and won! Great hotel. Breakfast alone is worth staying there oh and the hot water too. Only complaint I would have would b the fan in our bathroom was really loud, but really who cares with everything else that was so good. Awesome location and easy access to everything would stay here again everytime I visit!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I recently stayed at this Best Western on the southside of Jacksonville and had a bad experience of both my TV not working nor the lights in the bathroom.. I was in Room #517. The maintenance man was called and he was unable to fix the TV until I checked out and he supposedly fixed the bathroom lights but they worked for serveral minutes and then did not..

Other than these major maintenance issues the hotel is clean and quiet with a good location.. But the problems in this room need to be fixed if they expect to rent this room out.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank phk123

Greetings,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to contribute your thoughts about our hotel to TripAdvisor. We are continually working to provide the highest level of service along with an excellent value in Jacksonville lodging.

Please accpt my apologies for the maintenance issue you have outlined. We have just completed the purchase process for new 37" televisions which will bring us to the cutting edge of HDTV technology. These sets are set to deliver within the next few weeks and we know this will make a huge difference in our guest experience.

I so appreciate y our kind compliments regarding the cleanliness of our facility. Our team works very hard to provide for a clean and comfortable experience. I know that I speak for our team when I say that we are pleased that we have been able to provide you with this and have taken steps to insure that the problem you outlined does not occur in the future.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you and I encourage you to contact my office directly to allow me to personally assist you with reservations during your next visit.

Yours in hospitality,

The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Management Team Members

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Best Western in our town is brand new; we stay there just for fun. This property was not brand new; but it was just as nice as the one in our town. The staff was polite and helpful. The rooms, again, were not new; however the decor, the fixtures, etc were redone/replaced recently. The breakfast was awesome. The pool was big and clean. We researched alot of hotels in the area. This was the best deal; and it was a great stay on our way to cruise to the Bahamas. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My experience with the Best Western JTB was excellent. The customer service was great, the breakfast was wonderful, and the rooms were super clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The motel was very clean and the service was great. However, I will probably not be coming back that way for a long time but if I ever did, I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Good Day!

In this day and age, it is not often that people find time to reach out to others and left them know the "good" things they find in their travels!

I want to thank you for doing exactly that and letting my team here know that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. That is exactly our goal!

Should you find yourself back in the area, I do hope you will allow us the pleasure of staying with us!

Safe travels...