“Great place to stay!”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel and absolutely loved it. The staff was extremely helpful, polite and a made my stay comfortable. They went above and beyond my expectation. The rooms were clean and well kept. It was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Good Day!

Please accept my thanks for expressing your comments about your wonderful stay with our hotel. Our staff members sincerely appreciate knowing that we have provided for an experience that is memorable to our guest. Your comfort is the most important thing to us and it is why each of us do what we do.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Kind regards...
Your BEST WESTERN Team in Jacksonville

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stay at this Best Western on a regular basis. The overall appearance of the hotel is extremely nice especially for the price. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Every room I have stayed in has been nice, clean with very comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection and is alway fresh and hot. This is an excellent value. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were visiting Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and were very happy with the Best Western. It is right off the highway and not far from Mayo. I felt the security was good and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was good and check out was quick. I had stayed there once before and would again. Got a great price on Priceline so it was a bargain. We were delayed so we were not able to use the weight room or pool but will the next time we are in Jacksonville

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My spouse and I stayed at the Best Western JTB/Southpoint on our way to Orlando. We stayed at this hotel in Novemember of 2011 and chose to stay again based on our experience. When I checked in, I saw that my name was posted as the guest of the day. After arriving in our room, I received a bag of snacks and a mini LED flashlight keychain as part of my being guest of the day. Our room was a bit cramped, though it suited our purpose for an overnight stay. I checked the bed and surrounding area for creepy-crawlies and did not find anything suspicious. I was pleased to see the this hotel welcomes pets and took advantage of the free in-room wi-fi. The continental breakfast was adequate and we were able to check out quickly. I booked our hotel during a special, so we paid around $60 to stay overnight in a clean, well-maintained hotel. It was a great bargain, and we will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Good Day!

On behalf of our Southpoint Team, I wish to express my thanks for completing a review on our hotel. IT is always a wonderful morale boost for the team here to read that our guests have had a wonderful stay. It is truly what our jobs are about!

Each team member dedicated to keeping the spirit of hospitality at our main priority. We want your stay to be memorable and our value to shine through.

Thank you for being a repeat guest and for choosing our hotel when traveling in the Jacksonville area.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards,

The Staff and Management of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The Best Western was very nice. The desk person went out of her way to give us directions to nearby restaurants. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel itself looked upscale and immaculate. We got an excellent deal on the accommodations for the price we paid through the Auto club. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula2003

Greetings!

Please allow me to express our thanks for such kind compliments and review of our hotel. Our team here has invested a great deal of personal pride in bringing our property to the level it has achieved and it is truly rewarding to receive such praise from our guests. It definitely makes the difference in our day! I have shared this with all of our staff to allow them to see how going above and beyond in maintaining our property makes a real difference for our guests.

It would be a pleasure to host you any time you are in our City. We know you have many options and we value you as our guest.

Warm regards and safe travels...

The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here several times now when we have had to go to Mayo Clinic. We have consistently found this hotel to be clean, very comfortable beds and friendly staff. Very nice for the excellent price we got on hotels.com.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Towels were wet in my bathroom. (did they wash them or just fold and rehang? no clean smell)
Room smelled of some kind of sickly sweet body spray? (unsettling in its pervasiveness)
Lobby and common areas very well redone recently while rooms just have a new coat of paint, also bathroom is dated and has rust stains, cracked grout, but no mold.
TV is a CRT joke, 22" and would be good company for a VCR or Betamax.
Arrived alone at midnight with a 5 y/o and a 9 mo. old, the security guard and night manager just watched me unload the car and carry the (previously sleeping) baby and child in each arm while pushing the luggage cart alone to the elevator. Help wasn't expected but the offer would have meant a lot.
Not the kind of place you would want to walk around on the carpet barefoot before bed, but the linens on the bed were neat/clean/new.
All in all, not the worst hotel i've stayed in (by a long shot) and the price was excellent when free breakfast was factored in...even if the eggs were powdered and cut into triangles...wut.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nottheprophet

Good Day!

We appreciate your TripAdvisor review. We pride ourselves on providing a leading value in the market while keeping our guests comfortable and satisfied.

Please accept my thanks for taking time out of your day to send in your comments. We hope that when you are in the City that you will again select our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Yours in hospitality,