“Just OK.”

Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just OK.”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel's lobby as soon as you walk in is beautiful, pretty, clean, friendly staff, helpful the rooms are clean too, they look a little old (regarding the decoration) but overall, it was a good hotel. I am not giving them 5 stars because they simply did not go to clean our room... at all... a little annoying... we only stayed there for 2 nights and you do expect to go back to your hotel at night, tired... and see the room clean and the bed done, but that was not our case.... so they did nit make it to 5 stars....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CaticaA
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to express my appreciation for taking the time to compliment our team and our property. Knowing that we have exceeded as a "guest friendly" experience will be warmly received by our team here and be assured I will share your comments with them regarding the issue you experienced with housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for that inexcusable oversight.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to host you and to provide you with a truly 5 Star experience. Your comfort and happiness is very important to our team.

Wishing you many happy travel,
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Hospitality Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Cons: Three minor issues.

We booked through Hotwire. Therefore, no fridge or microwave in our room, thanks!
Coffee in the lobby often empty, they didn't fill it up even though they said they would.
The fitness room is very raw and no useful equipment there.

Pros: Great TV, good room, reasonable (free) breakfast, staff was good.
I would come again.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MatthiasTh
Ontario
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel - this is the 2nd of 4 nights and I'm in hell. I booked the room through Hotwire a few weeks ago and promptly called the hotel to request a non-smoking room. The person who answered the call couldn't have been nicer and told me "no problem". By the way, for all non-smokers who buy hotel stays, that call to the hotel is something you must do everytime ... it's worked for me 100% - until now! You know the ending by now: when I arrived, I was given one of the smoking rooms. In requesting to be switched, the staff here have been polite in giving me "come-back-to-front-desk-later-or-tomorrow" advice but I was just told by the front desk person that this is want I should expect when buying a room from Hotwire. Not cool. I will visit the front desk tomorrow - if they come through for me, I'll let you all know. Otherwise, the hotel is fine: staff is polite, parking is plentiful, location is right off 95, and the free breakfast is pretty good. Only reminder for Hotwire/Priceline folks: bring your own Ozium!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tklsee
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for being a valued guest of our hotel We appreciate your patronage as our guest.

We always take to heart the comments of our guests and we like to think they are fair and unbaised. We strive to always meet the expectations of our guests, if not exceed them, which is our goal. Our team here is comprised of long term hospitality professionals. And while I do understand your concerns, the choice of the title of your review, along with the comments in the review, do not represent the situation nor the final outcome of the resolution.

In booking reservations on the Hotwire auction site, the booking is not specified to be non-smoking and I do recognize that you understand this. We always work to make this request happen for our guests that book through Hotwire, but to be fair to individuals who have specifically reserved a non-smoking room type, which is available on both the Best Western website and other online sites, non-guaranteed bookings may have to be moved to a smoking room type if all non-smoking rooms are reserved. Bookings from other reservations sources are guaranteed to the non-smoking preference. This is not to say in any way that our Hotwire guests are treated as a second-class guests; this is simply not a factual or true statement. However, we must always honor reservations which have a specific room type reserved first versus bookings, such as Hotwire or Priceline, that do not guarantee these preferences or room types.

As you were informed during check in, our staff would do everything possible to assist in getting you into a non-smoking room. In fact, the next morning our front office manager arranged to move you into a non-smoking room and this move was done for you so that during the duration of your stay you were accommodated in non-smoking accommodations. Your review does not reflect this assistance, which is most unfortunate as it presents only the one issue and not the outcome or resolution of your concerns. While we would have preferred to have accommodated you during your first evening, our team was pleased that they could make this happen for you for all nights thereafter as the hotel was not sold out of the room type as we were the first evening of your stay.

We hope that your time in Jacksonville was very pleasant and that you enjoyed all that our beautiful city has to offer. We wish you a very pleasant journey in your future travels.

Yours in hospitality,
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business and it has one of the nicest, friendliest, helpful staff I have experienced in years. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Everything about this hotel is great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J T
Greetings!

Please accept our gratitude for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your experience at our property. We appreciate your kind words and recognition of the hardwork that our staff puts forth to make each guest visit a pleasant one.

We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again and allow us the pleasure of hosting you! Please call upon us anytime to serve your lodging needs.

At your service...
The Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The front desk was awesome! I had my dog.. They were kind only a 10.00 pet charge.. Great clean location.. Close to restaurants.. 15 min from the beach.. I would def stay here again.. Free bfast which is a bit limited but free.. Like!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stopped overnight on the way from south Florida to New York. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The AC was good. The WiFi was adequate. Breakfast was adequate. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple