“Outstanding Service!”

Ranked #60 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Myers FL
“Outstanding Service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western Hotel JTB/Southpoint in Jacksonville FL twice this year. My experience was an exceptionally good one, on both visits. I rate this establishment high on everything that matters to a traveler such as me. The level of service stood out especially well after having previously experienced less-than-satisfactory service at two competing hotels.

To begin with, the rooms were well-appointed, up-to-date, and very clean. My first stay was for an extended period of time. The ability to do laundry on-premises was important. A hot breakfast each day was well-done and very welcome. They take security seriously as well, both physical and electronic, which is important for the peace-of-mind of travelers. Actually, in terms of overall services, I can't think of a thing that was missing.

I believe that the success of this organization is its friendly, professional, and attentive staff. I observed how well they worked together, individually and in combination working hard to be sure my needs were well-met.

I consider this my home-away-from-home when in Jacksonville. I recommend the Best Western Hotel JTB/Southpoint without reservation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Fort_Myers_Family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Ft. Myers Family!

Greetings! Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint. I sincerely appreciate your time to send in your thoughts!

Our team here at the hotel share these reviews during training and staff meetings. Your comments help us to grow, learn and improve. We value this insight.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Please contact us directly at anytime if we may be of assistance.

Wishing you many pleasurable journeys...
Your Family at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Souhpoint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2013

While travelling with my husband & 6 year old daughter we stayed at this hotel for a stop over while driving to south Florida. Upon check-in I was informed by the front clerk that the computers were down and that I was not able to check-in until the computer system was working again. After being in the car for the last 8 hours this was the last thing I needed to hear. The front clerk was very professional and apologetic, but still this was a huge inconvenience for us! Approximately 30 minutes later we were able to check-in. Also, there was absolutely no compensation offered for the inconvenience. This was not the first time that we have stayed at this hotel. We stayed here 2 times last year on our way to and back from Florida. Back then we noted that the property needed updating and an improvement in housekeeping. Well I can say that nothing since last year has changed, and has only gotten worse.
Yes the property is dated, but is also falling apart in some areas, in our room we noted anything metal was completely rusted, the sink and bathtub was cracked and very stained, carpets were very worn with stains, a/c unit very dirty in vents, dust was everywhere especially if you look on the floor and in corners it was horrendous to the point that I think that our room has never been deep cleaned, the bed linen was very poor with 2 flat sheets to cover a blanket (almost all other hotels have switched to proper duvets), pillows were atrocious (thank God I travel with my own). The Continental breakfast is still in the same little room with a very, very poor set up where they is a poor flow of traffic making it impossible to efficiently get everything you need for your breakfast. The physical set up for the breakfast really needs to change to allow for people just to go in one direction to get all they need. The breakfast room is very small, but they do open an adjacent room with table and chairs. I am very disappointed with the lack of any improvement in this hotel, and I do give places a chance especially since this was the third time I stayed here. So this is it for me, I had reservations at this hotel for my return trip from Florida and I have cancelled them and I will be staying elsewhere. I am done with giving this hotel any more chances, even if the nightly rate is very good it does not make up for a lack of proper amenities and cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PBLToronto
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Mr. and Mrs. R:

We value all of our guests and thank those who, such as yourself have visited us on more than one occassion. I have read your review here on TripAdvisor, your Medallia survey comments as well as the review your husband has posted. I would like to sincerely apologize if we failed to meet your expectations. Our goal is to strive to always meet or exceed those expectations of our guest and our ourselves as we have done for many, many of our loyal customers.

I have noted your concerns in your review. While I make it a practice to never dispute a valued guest I must say that there are some items that are posted in your review that do not accurately outline the condition of the hotel. Our property is continually undergoing updating and renovations. For example, every guest room has a brand new 37" High Definition television that was installed since your last visit with us. This compliments our beautiful new design package that is currently being installed in our guest rooms. Our guest rooms have a new bedding package as well, which is a triple sheeting package and this package along with the Best Western branded Comfortel Gusseted pillow which was in place during your visit. Triple sheeting, not duvets, are the new hospitality industry standard. Duvets, like bedspreads, have been eliminated in most upscale brands because duvets cannot be launder daily. All linen items on our beds are laundered with each checkout and each guest has a fresh, clean and sanitary bedding in their guest room unlike hotels that still use old fashion and unsanitary duvets.

In inspecting your guest room, I did not note the issues of substantial rust or heavy dust outlined in your review, however I have noted that the bathroom sink does have the spider web pattern developing in the sink. Both our housekeeping manager and head of maintenance have reviewed your comments as preventative measures to insure that our PM program for maintenance and our deep clean program for housekeeping are working effectively to insure that either items in a room or a room itself is not missed in the rotation.

Mr. and Mrs. R, we never want a guest to be dissatisfied and under separate cover I have reached out to you directly to further assist you. It is our hope that in the future you may reconsider your thoughts when you visit the Jacksonville area in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel's lobby as soon as you walk in is beautiful, pretty, clean, friendly staff, helpful the rooms are clean too, they look a little old (regarding the decoration) but overall, it was a good hotel. I am not giving them 5 stars because they simply did not go to clean our room... at all... a little annoying... we only stayed there for 2 nights and you do expect to go back to your hotel at night, tired... and see the room clean and the bed done, but that was not our case.... so they did nit make it to 5 stars....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CaticaA
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to express my appreciation for taking the time to compliment our team and our property. Knowing that we have exceeded as a "guest friendly" experience will be warmly received by our team here and be assured I will share your comments with them regarding the issue you experienced with housekeeping. Please accept my apologies for that inexcusable oversight.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to host you and to provide you with a truly 5 Star experience. Your comfort and happiness is very important to our team.

Wishing you many happy travel,
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Hospitality Team
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Cons: Three minor issues.

We booked through Hotwire. Therefore, no fridge or microwave in our room, thanks!
Coffee in the lobby often empty, they didn't fill it up even though they said they would.
The fitness room is very raw and no useful equipment there.

Pros: Great TV, good room, reasonable (free) breakfast, staff was good.
I would come again.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MatthiasTh
Ontario
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel - this is the 2nd of 4 nights and I'm in hell. I booked the room through Hotwire a few weeks ago and promptly called the hotel to request a non-smoking room. The person who answered the call couldn't have been nicer and told me "no problem". By the way, for all non-smokers who buy hotel stays, that call to the hotel is something you must do everytime ... it's worked for me 100% - until now! You know the ending by now: when I arrived, I was given one of the smoking rooms. In requesting to be switched, the staff here have been polite in giving me "come-back-to-front-desk-later-or-tomorrow" advice but I was just told by the front desk person that this is want I should expect when buying a room from Hotwire. Not cool. I will visit the front desk tomorrow - if they come through for me, I'll let you all know. Otherwise, the hotel is fine: staff is polite, parking is plentiful, location is right off 95, and the free breakfast is pretty good. Only reminder for Hotwire/Priceline folks: bring your own Ozium!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tklsee
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for being a valued guest of our hotel We appreciate your patronage as our guest.

We always take to heart the comments of our guests and we like to think they are fair and unbaised. We strive to always meet the expectations of our guests, if not exceed them, which is our goal. Our team here is comprised of long term hospitality professionals. And while I do understand your concerns, the choice of the title of your review, along with the comments in the review, do not represent the situation nor the final outcome of the resolution.

In booking reservations on the Hotwire auction site, the booking is not specified to be non-smoking and I do recognize that you understand this. We always work to make this request happen for our guests that book through Hotwire, but to be fair to individuals who have specifically reserved a non-smoking room type, which is available on both the Best Western website and other online sites, non-guaranteed bookings may have to be moved to a smoking room type if all non-smoking rooms are reserved. Bookings from other reservations sources are guaranteed to the non-smoking preference. This is not to say in any way that our Hotwire guests are treated as a second-class guests; this is simply not a factual or true statement. However, we must always honor reservations which have a specific room type reserved first versus bookings, such as Hotwire or Priceline, that do not guarantee these preferences or room types.

As you were informed during check in, our staff would do everything possible to assist in getting you into a non-smoking room. In fact, the next morning our front office manager arranged to move you into a non-smoking room and this move was done for you so that during the duration of your stay you were accommodated in non-smoking accommodations. Your review does not reflect this assistance, which is most unfortunate as it presents only the one issue and not the outcome or resolution of your concerns. While we would have preferred to have accommodated you during your first evening, our team was pleased that they could make this happen for you for all nights thereafter as the hotel was not sold out of the room type as we were the first evening of your stay.

We hope that your time in Jacksonville was very pleasant and that you enjoyed all that our beautiful city has to offer. We wish you a very pleasant journey in your future travels.

Yours in hospitality,
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business and it has one of the nicest, friendliest, helpful staff I have experienced in years. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Everything about this hotel is great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J T
Greetings!

Please accept our gratitude for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your experience at our property. We appreciate your kind words and recognition of the hardwork that our staff puts forth to make each guest visit a pleasant one.

We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again and allow us the pleasure of hosting you! Please call upon us anytime to serve your lodging needs.

At your service...