“Jacksonville Trip”

Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Douglasville
“Jacksonville Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed on a non pet floor for allergy reasons. Room was nice, clean, and quiet. Saw someone with a dog in the hall. Reported them to front desk. Apparently the guest did not report having a pet. So much for allergy free. Overall the stay was great otherwise!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Ms. Rosalyn....

First, thank you for being returning guest of ours. It is always very rewarding for our team members to see that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us and have returned to be a part of our family! We value you as a member of our very large extended family of repeat guests.

Let me also thank you for sharing your experience. Our staff values your input and appreciates knowing that we exceeded our goals in providing for a great stay. We want every guest to be comfortable and enjoy our wonderful hotel and city. I also want to thank you for bringing to the attention of the front desk the guest that had brought in their little one, without advising our staff. We welcome little furry friends, but they must be in their own selected locations. It is unfortunate when others do not follow those rules and disclose their extra "family member" is with them.

Ms. Rosalyn, we look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please accept our sincere appreciation for your patronage.

Warmest regards,
The Hospitality Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

As "Guest of the Day" I received very little extra, but it was sort of nice to be given that "title". The room we had was fine, and the breakfast was top notch. This is the second time we have stayed here, and will stay again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on our hotel. I am always very happy to find a guest that is a repeat guest of the property who will take the time out of their schedule to comment on their visit. We have many, many guests who stay with us regularly and we value each and every one, including you...our Guest of the Day!

I have shared your comments with our team as this is a valuable tool for our team in knowing where they have succeeded. There is no greater satisfaction than knowing we have succeeded in making a guest happy.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservations. I am always at your service.

Safe journeys,
The General Manager of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint and the entire Hospitality Team
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I came to Jacksonville for our first getaway since our honeymoon. We booked this hotel on hotwire for 2 nights because for the price we thought it offered the best value. Upon check in the hotel seemed nice and the lady behind the counter was nice enough. She gave us our room keys. We get to our room and first thing we noticed is that it was a smoking room. We thought maybe it would be OK. So we walked in and the first thing that hit us we the smell. It was awful! We sat down on the bed and started looking around. The ceiling was yellow, the curtains were dingy and molded looking. We thought maybe we could handle it but after the first 10 mins we couldn't handle it. I went back to the front desk and asked if we could be transferred to a non smoking room. The lady was nice enough and said they were booked for the night but that she could come spray for us. I knew this would do nothing in the long run. When I get back to the room my nose started itching and my eyes started watering. My wife and I decided we couldn't stand it anymore and that if we stayed it would ruin the trip! So we picked up our suitcases and checked out. The Lady at the counter was nice again but she made it a point to inform us we couldn't receive a refund because we booked through an outside agency. We went next door the Marriott which provided a much more enjoyable stay. We called hotwire and they informed us that a non smoking hotel is an immenity that must be searched and sorted through. Lesson learned!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank mtbandits12
Dear Valued Contributor,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your reservations from a Third Party Online Auction Agency. Although through no fault of your own or of our hotel, the Agency reserved a Smoking Room for you I regret that you were not able to actually stay with us and allow us the opportunity to provide for your lodging needs.

As a non-smoker, I understand sensitivity to smoke odor and I know that under trying circumstances such as finding the company that you used to book your reservations (Hotwire) is placing the blame on you for not doing enough "research" to find the room type you wanted on their site can be more than frustrating. While I know that the smoking accommodations were not adequate to your needs, our smoking rooms are maintained to the same level as our non-smoking rooms and received an Ozone treatment on a scheduled basis. Any matter involving a less than happy guest are brought to my attention when they occur and I was aware that you chose not to stay with us for the evening. Upon being advised of your departure I did personally inspect the room, and have done so again since reading your posting, and did not find the ceiling or drapery discoloration you commented on.

Our hotel was sold out for the evening and it is most unfortunate that we could not accommodate you in a non-smoking room. I truly would welcome the opportunity to host you again at our hotel and would like to reach out to you to discuss this further. I am pleased that you were able to find accommodations elsewhere and that your time in our city was not impeded by the mistake on Hotwire's end with your booking. I do wish that TripAdvisor offered a way to review the booking source such as Hotwire and other sites where you could give them a rating to reflect the experience with them instead of rating the hotel itself negatively. As you stated in your review, our staff was pleasant and helpful but were limited as to how we could help due to the error on the end of the online company. Your rating of one circle indicating your dissatisfaction is based on the booking of the wrong room type by Hotwire and not the hotel itself. Scoring of this nature is very detrimental to the host property when it does not truly reflect the actions of the hotel and hence I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

In the interim, I would like to wish you safe travels and much success in your new marriage.

Yours in hospitality,
The General Manager of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Hernando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

On September 17, 2013 I checked into this Best Western for a 2 night stay while attending to medical treatment at the Mayo Clinic. My first impression this was this really not such a great place even at the reasonable rate I paid through Hotwire. Around midnight I was unable to go to sleep because of a hissing like sound which appeared near the door way...I looked out side in the hallway but could not determine the source of the noise. Around 2 a.m. the fire alarm went off ...no one evacuated the place...called the front office no answer. After quite a while the alarm stopped. Interestingly I notice the continuation of this hissing like sound...this time I learned that the noise was coming from the fire alarm system. The next day I told the attendant that I had not slept the night before, and gave her the reason, telling her that I was going to check out and wanted a refund. She said she had no control over refunds because I had booked through Hotwire. Make a long story short...hotwire said it would not authorize a refund and gave me so gooblygook for the refusal. Although I had no recourse, I still think the hotel should have given me the refund because it was not hotwires fault that I had a bad experience and got no sleep because of the noise and faulty fire alarm. Just a lousy experience and I will never stay at this flea hole again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Herman G
Ocean City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Whenever I'm in north Florida, I stay at this hotel. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are very nice. it has a REAL swimming pool that is the normal size a public pool should be. Over 6 feet deep, not a "baby pool" like you find in most hotels, these days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This Best Western has a friendly stay and mostly renovated rooms and lobby area. If you are looking to stay someone clean for a wonderful price this is the right spot for you! The bathroom has several updates such as a new counter top and faucet, the AC works great and the TV has more than enough channels. I was impressed with the cleanliness which is very important to me, but there a few outdated areas in the room such as the art and curtains and shower. We stayed on the nonsmoking hallway and coming up the elevator once I did smell smoke, but it did not seep into our room at all. The breakfast was mediocre, but the staff serving it was more than friendly. I give this hotel a 4.0 rating for cleanliness, proximity to the interstate and beach, and the service provided. We will definitely be staying again when we travel through.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This motel is the best value in Jacksonville at rates much more competitive than other large chain motels in the same area. Great location off I-95. Staff is very personable and helpful. Good hot breakfast, Nice large room, clean, comfortable bedding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept the appreciation of our team members for completing a review on our Hotel. We value your input and know that it takes time out of your schedule to do so.

We are most grateful to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you believe as we do, that we are truly one of the best values in the city!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please call on me any time for your lodging needs!

Best wishes for safe travels...
The General Manager of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint