“A Great Stay at a Great Price!”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Myers, Florida
“A Great Stay at a Great Price!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want a great place to stay in Jacksonville at a great price then then the Best Western Hotel JBT/Southpoint is the place to go!
The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There was a convenient closet area to hang cloths and put your luggage which kept everything organized and out of the way so we weren't tripping over suitcases and made for easy pack-up when we left. The location was convenient and only 10 minutes to UNF, where we needed to be. This Best Western was much, much nicer than another hotel we stayed at earlier that month that was just down the street and at the same price.
The staff was nice, helpful and absolutely wonderful to deal with! The Front Desk staff was especially helpful, patient and knowledgeable, answering all our questions and helping us with whatever we requested. Our room staff was quiet, helpful when I requested additional towels, efficient and cleaned the room extremely well. Breakfast was included and had a wide variety of options, although they did make large quantities that didn't stay as warm as I would have liked.
We will be traveling to Jacksonville regularly to visit our daughter in college and will happily stay at the Best Western JBT/Southpoint again!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge and microwave in your room make sure you request it in advance! Get to Breakf...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
wolfp10
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in early June for a U.S. Soccer game after getting a great deal on Hotwire. Room was clean, AC worked, staff was friendly and professional. JAX is a city of strip malls and corporate parks, and this hotel was in a corporate park area. It was quiet, but you had to drive to get anything. If I'm ever in JAX again I'd stay here

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel was nice. There was a little rust in the bathtub but overall the rooms were clean. I would have liked to have seen more fruit options for breakfast and Bagels, but maybe I just got down to breakfast too late. The location was nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Street, Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here the weekend of the Jacksonville Country Superfest, and the room was very clean. The bathroom is on the small side, especially with 3 girls staying in one room, but otherwise no complaints here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is nicely kept up. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. Everything worked well and we completely enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was OK, but hey... it was free! The only thing I didn't care for too much was how soft the water was. I always feel like I can't get the soap off when I shower in soft water. But I guess soft water is desirable to most people. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room was down the hall and nice and quiet. I don't know if you would want the room across f...
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Have had a great experience each time we stayed there! Even the time my husband dropped our car keys down the elevator shaft. The desk clerk was able to get the right folks there to retrieve them fairly fast! We still joke about it each time we come back. We hold on to them tightly now!

Room Tip: All seem ok. We have stayed there many times to see a doctor close by and have never had a problem!
United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Some idiot in room 530 was slamming things around so hard that my bed headboard banged me on my head which is a simple battery. I complained several times to the front desk about the disturbance but nothing changed. I asked for some sort of compensation for being awakened and abused but all that was offered was reward points and I have not received them. Room was not clean, faucets malfunctioned, toilet ran, no TV channel guide, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business