“I would stay here again”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I do a lot of traveling for business. Because I have to stay away from home it is very important for me to have a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. Also it makes traveling a whole lot tolerable when the places you stay have courteous people working there. I know I can get this at a Best Western Hotel. Thank you for making my crazy busy life a bit easier.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 11 years. It's location makes it convenient for my appointments at Mayo Clinic. The staff is always fantastic and goes above and beyond. On my last stay I arrived early in the afternoon before my room was ready. The front desk staff let me know my room would be ready early if I stopped by a local restaurant for lunch. I had a broken leg so it was difficult to get around and they suggested some locations that were close and convenient. During my stay I was unable to carry breakfast items to my table from the continental breakfast and the staff member assisting with breakfast offered to help me. The room is always in perfect condition and a nice roomy size. The front desk staff offered to help me with any of my luggage or if I needed any other assistance. Upon my departure I had to leave early in the morning. Since it was still dark their security guard escorted me and helped me with my bags to my car. The staff is very courteous and this hotel will always have my business when I return to Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Mrs. M...

Please allow me to express my appreciation for completing a TripAdvisor review. Your opinions and experiences of an enjoyable and rewarding experience brings smiles to our faces! We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience each time they visit us!

We look forward to hosting you in the future and having you as a part of the BEST WESTERN Southpoint's family of repeat guests!

Wishing you warm regards...

Your BEST WESTERN Family Members
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I used this hotel for an overnight stay to see some friends that were in town visiting. The front desk was very nice and very helpful. The room was clean, beds were super comfortable. Not far from Jacksonville Beach and much better rates. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying there again when I visit Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We used this as an overnight stay. It was just enough space. Not dirty but not clean. Bring your slippers. Needs updating but price was fair we got the coupon at the welcome center. It was close to some good food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NPG1970
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The rate at this hotel was fair based on the condition of the hotel. If I did not have a coupon for a reduced rate, I would have overpaid. The hotel is in need of an update. The bathroom was very outdated. While it appeared clean, the sink was cracked and fixtures need to be updated. The beds were satisfactory, however, it was a very small room. While it is a non smoking hotel, the hallways have an odor. The hotel offers a hot breakfast but it was mediocre at best. I ended up passing as the food was not very appetizing. I recommend you get a coupon if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear "BeachMom"

Thank you for having visited our hotel. We value you as a guest. I also appreciate your completion of our Medallia survey. I do regret that your stay did not live up to our expectations for ourselves. We do want you to enjoy and have a great experience. Having reviewed your guest record, I do see that your accommodations were on our only floor where smoking is allowed. While we do have deodorizers on this floor to prevent our guests from experience any inconvenience, at times guests may detect an odor coming from one of the smoking rooms. In the future, we hope that we can accommodate in another section of the property. Our hotel is 95% non-smoking and only this partial section of one floor is smoking but it certainly can affect the quality of the experience.

We do believe we offer a great value to our guest, with our without any promotions. Our property is beginning an update and we are looking forward to continuing our tradition of providing excellent accommodations to our guests and a great value as well.

We hope you have many pleasant travels and happiness in life.

Yours in hospitality,
The Management and Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have a great experience at the Best Western in Jackonville. Once we were checked in, the front desk attendant called our room to make sure everything was ok. The room was clean, the hotel was clean. Price was reasonable compared to the hotel in St. Augustine who raised the rate simiply because it was the weekend. I would definitely recommend and this will be my hotel of choice next time we are back in Jacksonville!

Room Tip: Corner suite was really nice!!