“Clean and Simple”

Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Knoxville, United States
“Clean and Simple”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Needed an affordable place to sleep with internet and breakfast and this hotel had both. The bathroom was a bit dated with an aging mirror (edges had black around them), but was still good. Got a free colgate sample toothpaste at the counter because I forgot mine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel room had nice large queen sized beds, was clean, and had plenty of parking spaces. One issue that came up was main white florescent bathroom light made weird noises for a bit and then completely went out during first hour of our stay. Since we were just staying for one night, we just used the yellow light with the timer switch. This is not something the hotel can really affect but some of the guests appeared slightly unsavory. Overall, it was a decent hotel but I wouldn't choose to stay again if given a choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Mr. Minh:

Thank you for having been a guest of our hotel. We value you as a guest. I appreciate your recognition of our cleanliness and our team's desire to provide a comfortable stay for you. I have noted your comment about the light in your bathroom and I so wish you had alerted our team to the bathroom light issue. You are so right that there is not a way to know that a light may go out but our team stands ready to correct these issues when we are made aware of it in order to ensure for a pleasant stay without any inconvenience.

I do hope that you will decide to stay with us in the future. You will see our property is embarking on some great new features and amenities and I know you would be most comfortable. With our terrific location, clean accommodations and nearby dining options I know you will again have a great stay!

Yours in hospitality,
Your BEST WESTERN Hospitality Team
Gainesville Fl
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Good price for a nice hotel. Room was clean with a good bed. Clean bathroom with good shower and better than average towels. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast included. The location was good for my purposes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I staid here Friday, 08/01/2014. The location of the hotel is great, considering the price it is a good value. There were some issues though. The room smelled pretty moldy, I had to take the car air freshener and put it on the AC outlet to dull out the smell. Carpet was pretty stained, bathroom floor tile looked either dirty or damaged. Foreign hairs on the floor and the tub (which drains very slowly
One thing that concerns me the most is that the smoke detector was tempered with. It was covered and tied with a grocery bag. It leads me to believe that someone wanted to smoke in the room and covered it so it doesn't go off. This probably adds to the smell issue in the room.

On the positive side the staff is very nice, attentive and friendly. If you are the type of a person that does not care for little details like me, but you are more about just having a place to sleep thats affordable, in a good location, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mr. G,

Thank you for being a valued guest of our hotel. We appreciate your patronage of our hotel. I do want you to know that I have noted the items you outlined in your review. I want to assure you that attention to detail is extremely important to us. I met with both our assistant housekeeper and our executive housekeeper regarding this and the team member responsible for your accommodations. We did investigate these issues and additional training will be provided to the attendant. We want to ensure that the items outlined such as the smoke odor you encountered is addressed immediately so a guest experience is not affected by this type of issue.

I appreciate your kind words about our team. I know that you interacted with our maintenance team member who assisted you as well as our guest services and housekeeping staff members. Your comfort is most important and I am very pleased that we were able to correct the items with your room so the remainder of your stay was enjoyable. Guest service is paramount to us.

We hope to host you again in the future. Our team wishes you many happy travels.

Safe journeys...
The Hospitality Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is my first time staying at this particular hotel. I will definitely be using this hotel again in the future. The staff there was very nice very helpful. The hotel is in a very good location quiet and safe. The rooms of the hotel very clean very satisfactory. Very very comfortable place to stay. The complementary breakfast in the morning was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and I be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I do a lot of traveling for business. Because I have to stay away from home it is very important for me to have a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. Also it makes traveling a whole lot tolerable when the places you stay have courteous people working there. I know I can get this at a Best Western Hotel. Thank you for making my crazy busy life a bit easier.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 11 years. It's location makes it convenient for my appointments at Mayo Clinic. The staff is always fantastic and goes above and beyond. On my last stay I arrived early in the afternoon before my room was ready. The front desk staff let me know my room would be ready early if I stopped by a local restaurant for lunch. I had a broken leg so it was difficult to get around and they suggested some locations that were close and convenient. During my stay I was unable to carry breakfast items to my table from the continental breakfast and the staff member assisting with breakfast offered to help me. The room is always in perfect condition and a nice roomy size. The front desk staff offered to help me with any of my luggage or if I needed any other assistance. Upon my departure I had to leave early in the morning. Since it was still dark their security guard escorted me and helped me with my bags to my car. The staff is very courteous and this hotel will always have my business when I return to Jacksonville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Mrs. M...

Please allow me to express my appreciation for completing a TripAdvisor review. Your opinions and experiences of an enjoyable and rewarding experience brings smiles to our faces! We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience each time they visit us!

We look forward to hosting you in the future and having you as a part of the BEST WESTERN Southpoint's family of repeat guests!

Wishing you warm regards...

Your BEST WESTERN Family Members