“Great value for the price. Very clean and fresh.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Jacksonville

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #54 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Key Largo, Florida
“Great value for the price. Very clean and fresh.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Enjoyed our stay very much. Rooms are clean and fresh. Commom areas of hotel are very nice. Great neighbor hood that is convenient to all areas of Jacksonville. Pet friendly. Nice area to walk your dog behind the hotel. Well lit for late night walks.
Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Allowed us to stay 2 extra nights for same rate as Expedia. Will definitely stay there next time we are in town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

The hotel was top-notch. Its location is great, close to all that Jacksonville has to offer. Minutes away from Downtown, the beaches, Army base, shopping, and plenty of restaurants and night clubs! The staff truley take pride in the property and never was anyone to busy to help me. I was even greeted with friendly hello's and goodbyes. Felt more like a visit with familiar friends than my first time at this hotel. Breakfast was hot and delicious! Room was immaculatley clean. Selection of channels on tv was great. Could not hear other visitors as they passed by or through the walls and yes there were plenty of other patrons there, lol. I will definetley be staying again on my next visit to Jacksonville! The price was great too!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

AAA was accurate in their three star rating of the Best Western JTB/Southpoint Hotel. As a pet owner, I was pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail, the cleanliness, and the thoughtful staff at this "pet friendly" hotel. When pet owners and hotel staff join together in their efforts to be considerate of all guests, everyone wins.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flowers37
Pace, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We have had the opportunity to stay at this Hotel in May and again In August of this year. The room and service was immaculant,the free breakfast was the best we've had in any motel along with the service in the breakfast area. The last visit my wife needed a handicap room for wheel chair access which was available along with a get well card and basket of goodies for her. We got a reasonable price along with the hard working and polite staff. The Hotel is clean and clientele a big plus. One thing print a map or use a GPS for easier locating.(but it's worth it)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Normanlwhite
Marina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

If you're not coming from I-95, then you'll have some issues finding this place. "JTB" was obviously not always a freeway so, when it was made so, it looks like the road this hotel is on was cut off, leaving one-way access from the eastbound JTB and both westbound access and exiting the hotel much more complex. In other words, look up the directions before you try this one.
Otherwise, I thought this was a fantastic hotel. Maybe I got a different room from everyone else. I think I paid $32 on Travelocity's blind booking system and was greatly impressed with what I found. The lobby was very pretty and the exterior was beautiful. I came at about 6pm and check-in was very quick.
The room was large, the bed comfortable and everything was clean. The wifi worked well and the cable TV selection was good.
I got a fantastic sleep and woke up early the next day for the breakfast and my long drive. The breakfast was very good, although I was surprised how many people there were at about 6:30, right after the breakfast was opened. Most of the people in there seemed to be construction workers of some kind, which made me think that they use this place as a sort of extended stay lodging because of the cheap rates.
I really liked this place though and would definitely stay again, especially considering the rate I got.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Spring Hill, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

I have spent multiple years in customer service, and now myself work as a front desk manager in a hotel in Tennessee. While recently traveling to Jacksonville I stayed at the Best Western JTB Southpoint. As always I began inspecting and evaluating the hotel from the moment I walked in... The first thing I noticed is the gentleman at the counter on June 30th at 3:00 (check-in time) was extremely slow at moving through the 3 rooms worth of guests waiting to be checked in.... It took us 25 mins to get checked in... Any good front desk person knows it shouldn't take more than 5 mins per person, less if everything is ready when the person arrives. The process was extended even longer by the fact that the desk agent was answering every call and then selling rooms with guests at the counter.... Now rule one in the industry is phone calls on hold and people in front of you come first... No matter what sale you might loose.... This guy clearly is pushed by the sales dept. or clearly has no understanding of good customer service.... Once we finally got to the counter I noticed that nothing was ready for our arrival... No keys were made no room pre-assigned, which I always ensure is done to make the guest feel like they are more than a head in a bed for the hotel... Surely at this point I was hoping my opinion of this place wouldn't continue to erode. It should also mention that a member of my party was the guest of the day, and when asked what that meant (we had no idea) it became apparent that he didn't have any clue either... As a front desk manager, I wouldn't have wanted this guy as the face of the hotel on a Friday, on the busiest shift.... Anyway, once we got to the room our excitement and expectations were crushed upon walking into a room that was smaller than a meat locker. The TV was from 1990 I'm sure and the room had a musty oder, which I know very well from a hotel I no longer work in.... (It's mold/ mildew for those who don't) You won't find any trace in your room though as I could see bleached spots on the wall, only someone who knows trade secrets could see this and know what it means.... The bathroom was so small I could barely shut the door with me in it without getting up on the sink... and I only weigh 165lbs... When I went to the pool I noticed from above the water that their were multiple bugs and pieces of garbage floating in the pool namely cigarette butts.(I wouldn't swim in it for my life) I would tell traveler's to make the 30 minute journey to Mickler's Landing before you even consider this pool.... The location was good with direct access to the beach via HWY 202 (about 20 mins away).... Ultimately I would choose the JTB area but def not this hotel when making a return trip to the area.... I should note however that my impression of the front desk staff was brightened by Amber, who (utilized technology) {Google} to find us a place to eat at 2 in the morning and gave us excellent directions..... This shows that she is knowledgeable in using advanced technology and various means to accommodate a guests requests. If I could bring her back to TN with me I def think she would make a great addition to my night audit crew.... I did sleep really well, however I'm sure that has to do with the evening at Dave and Buster's right down the road (great for walking back) Overall the experience here was neutral... nothing to horrible, but at the same time.... It wasn't good enough for me to ever want to pay $70 a night for....... I encourage you to stay somewhere else.... Especially since the security guard on the night shift just sat at the
business center computer" the entire night every time I went down there he was doing nothing to ensure the buildings security... I would kill to get a job like that in this economy... but alas... I shall return to TN more satisfied in my crews capabilities, and assured that this was not the best place to stay while in Jacksonville....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I travel frequently for both business and leisure, so I've seen a lot. For $35 a night, on Hotwire, you sort of get what you pay for. The 3 star rating is likely because of the amenities they offer. The rooms are in the process of being updated, the bathrooms are big enough for one person at a time, but they were clean. The room, halls and lobby were all clean and we felt safe there. The pool could have used a good cleaning, but the staff was friendly. Both elevators were operational. I only see three drawbacks to this property.
The Breakfast - if you like your eggs floamy and lacking any sort of egg taste, you'll be happy. Skip the eggs, but they really need to bring the biscuits and pastries to room temperature. There is a toaster for the waffles, but they are the frozen variety. The gravy is a bit sketchy, as I could not determine if they used the same gravy all week or if it was fresh. Bland taste and not enough seating. Expect to see people in various arrays of nightware...seriously people, no one wants to see your Sponge bob jammies. Learn how to act in public.
Updating the hotel - I can see it's a work in progress. You're doing a great job.
Location - being pretty familiar with Jax, I was totally lost in the insane maze that is Southpoint office park. Once you get your bearings and can figure out how to get to 95 and Butler, it's easier. For the elderly or simple, I can't imagine how they manage. And, for being on top of I-95, it was pretty quiet.
Since this hotel was full, I'm guessing the entire hotel was comprised of Hotwire and other discounted guests. For my rate, which was $35 a night, it was a good value. It seems to attract larger groups, such as families (there were several there the weekend we were there) and once you get past the Matrix that is the office park, it is an easy commute (15 min) to the beach, the Landing or the zoo. It's a short drive to St Augustine as well, for a nice side trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family