“Convenient”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #85 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

one night stay during a road trip from Florida to New York. We were looking for inexpensive, convenient to I-95 and clean. This place delivered. Lots of trucks in the parking lot, but we also saw families. Overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Everything about the accommodations was okay...clean enough with excellent service from the staff. only negative point was that some of the other guests made me and my husband feel uncomfortable. One family looked like they had been living at the hotel(with their room chairs pulled from their room & placed outside of their room onto the pavement. This may have been an unusual situation, but we canceled our future reservations & chose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for writing the review. We appreciate it.
You have complimented us about the being room nice and clean and getting excellent service from the staff. Thank you for that, We want our guest to enjoy their stay with us. I would have loved to have an opportunity to work with you regarding the concern you had so that you would not have to cancel your future reservation.
I would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you.
Reena Shah

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have stayed in plenty of Econolodges, so I know what you're getting: a mediocre place to rest your head. This is a no frills establishment, and that's what we expected, only to be sorely disappointed. We arrived after a long drive - we just needed a place to sleep for a few hours during a road trip. We arrived in the middle of the night only to find that there were people just randomly hanging outside of their rooms. Perhaps waiting for other people, I wasn't sure but it was definitely sketchy. We unloaded our car where our room should have been, only to discover the rooms weren't numbered in order, and the room we needed was on the other side of the building. My advice to the owners: number your rooms appropriately and in order.so I called the front desk because we couldn't find the room, and the front desk clerk was very rude, and tried to make it sound like I was an idiot for being confused at the absurd numbering system. Maybe this is a choice hotel or an Econolodge practice, but the staff could have told us where the room was better.

When we walked into the room it smelled like it had once been a smoking room, and no one had taken any time to deep clean the carpets and get the smell out. We were pleased to see the sheets were clean, and we found no evidence of bugs, which was good. There was a soap wrapper on the floor near the tv, which said to me someone barely cleaned the room. The layout was strange, but the beds were semi-comfortable.

Our biggest surprise came when we were in the shower, and discovered a pair of underware hanging on the shower curtain rod. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they weren't even the least bit concerned about it. Huge turn off, will never stay at this place again and I advise you keep driving when you see it.

• Stayed: April 2013
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.I am extremely sorry to read your review.We work very hard to make every guest have an enjoyable stay. The number system on the hotel has been such since the day it was built as all odds on one side and evens on the other. In future we will try to explain the location of the room in an more understandable manner. We would also like to apologize for the lapse by the housekeeping department. We try to maintain a high standard of service and see that all guest leave satisfied.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

asked the desk to make decaf coffee or get me some so I could make it in the room. They said they wouldn't make it because they might have to throw some away. They also refused to get me some so I could make my own.

Room Tip: you might want to stay across the road at days inn I will from now on the attitude of the morning pe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Ms Lynn,
I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the service provided at the breakfast time. Rest assured I have discussed your comments with him and we will look at making necessary improvements.
You have stayed with us in the past and you have also written beautiful review about that. I thank you for that also.
I hope you will give us another try to enjoy our clean comfortable room and well stocked breakfast . Please contact me at gm.fla75@choicehotels.com if I can assist you further.
Reena Shah

Reviewed 26 February 2013

If your looking for a hotel just to sleep and eat a quick breakfast and get back on the road this is your stop. It is inexpensive especially if I use Choicehotels.com. We are a member (it only takes 2 minuted but make sure you do it before you book your room). We paid $50 for the room and the person behind us paid $69. Te motel is older but very clean and the staff is very nice. Breakfast is just cereal, Danish and muffins. Thats all we need. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you can don't think they have an elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

We are happy that you appreciate our efforts to provide excellent service and comfort to our guests. We do strive to provide value for your money and our staff members are always happy to serve you. Please stay with us again on your next visit and we will show you that we are consistent in our efforts to serve.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was a nice place to stay on our trip south to Disney World. The room was clean and management was eager to please. We needed a refrigerator and shortly after we called, a refrigerator was delivered to the room. We needed help with our remote, and again, someone was there to show us how to work it. It seemed like we were staying with friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We do aim to please and to provide you with a service that is not just meant for guests but also for ones who are close to our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that it was appreciated. We always love to hear about your experience with us and it helps to fuel our enthusiasm as well. We are excited to have you stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

The facility is a little older but is well kept and has friendly helpful staff. If your on a budget, this is a good place. I like the fact that it is off I95 by a block or so, which means it is a little more quiet from traffic noise yet is still easy to get back on the highway. We usually get there late and there is no problem getting a room. We have stayed there three times and will probably do so again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you for writing a review. We are happy that you enjoy your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you at your next business visit.