“Very accommodating”

Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
United States
“Very accommodating”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I really like this property although the parking can be difficult and it's a little off the beaten path. However it's quiet and nice, and the staff are out of this world. In the winter you can burn logs in the fireplace, which given the right companion would be lovely.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I was efficiently checked in by Lena, she was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the local area. Parking by the room was very convenient. The studio suite I stayed in was very clean, comfortable and had all the amenities I needed....except Wireless internet.

This was a fantastic stay. The location right off I-95 was perfect, the price was fantastic, and the manager I spoke to during breakfast on my first day (I think his name was Josh or John) was very friendly and let me know the best place to pick up a good bottle of wine.

As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member I will definitely be considering Marriott in the future thanks to Josh or John and his team at the Residence Inn Baymeadows.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This hotel at one time must have been a great place, 20 or so years later it is not. Everything in the rooms now is "old" and "worn". Bathrooms especially showing their age, couch is sunken in and should be replaced. The beds are OK, the kitchen is very handy and great for people who like to cook.
The best thing about this hotel is the great free breakrfast, the location is fair since it is in a very congested area.
For a Marriott brand hotel it is now not up to their standards, the place needs to be totally redone. Oh yes the TV is really old, not flat scrren not HD. OLD. I would not stay at anymore Residence Inns unless they have just been built..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, va
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This was the oldest,dirtiest and noisiest Marriott we have ever stayed in. We arrived after midnight exhausted and found a humid, warm, poorly lit, dirty and noisy room. It was too late to find another hotel. I chose this hotel to have a kitchen but quickly left the following morning to stay at a newer hotel (Holiday Inn and Suites) across the river on exit 10. We are marriott members and stay in marriotts frequently but this experience has soured me on marriott. When I politely told the hotel we were leaving due to noise, I was told the 3 units where we stayed were noisy because of interstate traffic. I was also surprised to find the kitchen so dirty the next morning. The cabinets had dried food on them and the flatware was coated with white soap with caked on food. My 21 year old daughter said it was disgusting. The kitchen was supposed to be fully stocked but did not have dish soap so I could not wash the dishes. We used brought-along plastic ware to eat breakfast and quickly left.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The staff is amazing. I work for a consulting company and I am both a Hilton Honors and Marriott Platinum member. I have stayed at the Homewood on Baymeadows and the Embassy (the only decent hotels in addition to the Residence Inn in this area). The Marriott Residence Inn Baymeadows is an older hotel but you can not beat their staff anywhere in the country! They have exterior entrances but as a female traveler I felt fine and safe. The staff knows all of the guests on property and almost can call everyone by name. I feel special when I am a guest here, whereas most Full service hotels shuffle you around. At the Homewood Suites the GM is always sitting in the office and I don't know the managers. I would definitely give the Residence Inn Baymeadows a try! You will be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2010

When in Jacksonville, I can't think of another option to stay than this one. I have stayed here on business and leisure for durations varying from a single night to over 3 months. The only thing consistent has been the amazing service that makes every other experience a let down when compared.

I still remember being here during one of the many hurricanes in 2004, how the staff showed up 2 hours early for work just to make sure that when their clients woke up they would find the place in order. The smallest things are always taken care of, from double checking on the cleanliness of your room to making sure you've enjoyed a hearty breakfast before starting your day. I lose count of the number of good evenings where I've opted to cancel my plans and stay if for either 'Movies and Popcorn Tuesdays' or 'Beer and BBQ Fridays'.

The staff are one of the main reason why I look upon this place as a home away from home. Thank you Jeff, Ashley, Jermiah, Debby, Kenny, Bob et all for loving your work so much that it shows.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Pay $139.00 a night for a $39.00 a night hotel room. This place was the pits, both inside and out. Room was shaby and in need of total gutting and remodeling. This hotel must be one of the first ever built. The toilet did not flush and bathroom door was hanging on one hinge. Carpets and furniture were filthy. Road noise from I-95 made it impossible to sleep. The old TV's barely worked with a couple of channels and terrible reception. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. They should consider tearing it down and starting all over again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family