“Great Place to Stay, but a Little Hard to Find”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS
“Great Place to Stay, but a Little Hard to Find”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel was in a great location for our road trip, but we would had had a hard time finding it if we did not have our GPS.
The Rooms were very large and clean as you would expect in a Residence Inn.
Our only concern was that they did not have any ice in the room or in a nearby Ice Machine.
They did have ice in the Breakfast area. The staff was very helpful in getting the ice for me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for...peaceful and serene. The location was ideal for getting us everywhere we wanted to visit while in Jax; easy on/off the highway. Not too far from the nearby Starbucks either. The breakfast was great & filling - not a cold continental breakfast - a hot buffet instead. All of the staff was nice & pleasant. I especially enjoyed my conversation with Tamara during my check-in on Friday, 9/27/13, evening. The studio - with two queens - was the perfect space for my family of four & the price was great. Although it rained and we couldn't enjoy the recreational amenities at the hotel, it was still a great relaxing weekend. We will be back...thanks!

Room Tip: Choose a room up front - away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed for five nights on a business trip. There was a fist fight in the parking lot. People drinking and smoking pot in the parking lot and also on the stairway in front of my room. When I mentioned about the pot smoking to an employee he said "they are doing that again" The food was ok, the room was ok also. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bone414
lainey s, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Bone 414,

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay in March. I have addressed this situation with my night security, and this matter has been corrected.

I appreciate your taking the time to let us know your concerns. Comments from our guests are important in helping us to provide the best service possible.

I hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in Jacksonville. My staff and I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I would like to commend residence inn on all that they do to keep this hotel so nice and clean, the supervisor and staff are the greatest. they have a grill which I love, laundry room, exercise room , nice clean pool and the food is magnificent. variety of choices which I love them all. the rooms are very spacious more than enough space. I have stayed here 3 times and I must say its like a fine wine, it has gotten better with time. I love it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This Residence Inn is an early type from the mid-80's with four unit suites in separate buildings scattered over the property and the food area and office in its own building. Visiting family at two locations in the area made this centrally located place convenient to both. It was reasonably priced with clean well kept suites considering the age of the property. The pool area needed some work and some new lawn chairs and umbrellas but the pool was clean and we had it to ourselves most of the time. The breakfast was what you would expect from a suites motel with enough fresh choices available. Dix Ellis Trail has a string of motels, some pretty seedy, but the Residence Inn is located at the end of the row next to a commuter/online college. The staff was friendly and accommodating and we will book again for future visits to family.

Room Tip: Choose an upper suite unit
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Looks like an older generation Residence Inn from the outside but beautifully, and newly renovated, on the inside. Staff/service was very good. Location is excellent right off interstate, gas, restaurants, etc close. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
CT
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've stayed here twice. Both times were great. Rooms were clean and it's always a plus to have a refrigerator for food leftovers. No problems with air conditioning or plumbing, though some of the channels on the TV weren't working during my last stay.

Continental breakfast is free and I consider it a bonus that it's actually pretty good. You get a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage, etc as well as the usual cereal, toast, yogurt etc. They could probably increase the number of fruit selections though. Happy hour, if you're around and I was not, has free drinks and an appetizer selection for those interested.

I did not use the fitness room during my last stay but did take a peek. It's a bit small with only 3 cardio machines and a weight bench with some free weights, but no weight gym. In all, I did enjoy my stay and had no issues with the room or the service. Everyone was very nice.

I saw a prior review that someone felt unsafe. Indeed, there was a sign about possible thefts in the area. But while you won't find BMW's and Mercedes in the parking lots around here, at no time did I ever feel threatened or felt that I had to look over my shoulder. It's just an average area with average people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business