“My favorite Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #44 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Toronto, Canada
“My favorite Residence Inn”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The staff is amazing. I work for a consulting company and I am both a Hilton Honors and Marriott Platinum member. I have stayed at the Homewood on Baymeadows and the Embassy (the only decent hotels in addition to the Residence Inn in this area). The Marriott Residence Inn Baymeadows is an older hotel but you can not beat their staff anywhere in the country! They have exterior entrances but as a female traveler I felt fine and safe. The staff knows all of the guests on property and almost can call everyone by name. I feel special when I am a guest here, whereas most Full service hotels shuffle you around. At the Homewood Suites the GM is always sitting in the office and I don't know the managers. I would definitely give the Residence Inn Baymeadows a try! You will be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2010

When in Jacksonville, I can't think of another option to stay than this one. I have stayed here on business and leisure for durations varying from a single night to over 3 months. The only thing consistent has been the amazing service that makes every other experience a let down when compared.

I still remember being here during one of the many hurricanes in 2004, how the staff showed up 2 hours early for work just to make sure that when their clients woke up they would find the place in order. The smallest things are always taken care of, from double checking on the cleanliness of your room to making sure you've enjoyed a hearty breakfast before starting your day. I lose count of the number of good evenings where I've opted to cancel my plans and stay if for either 'Movies and Popcorn Tuesdays' or 'Beer and BBQ Fridays'.

The staff are one of the main reason why I look upon this place as a home away from home. Thank you Jeff, Ashley, Jermiah, Debby, Kenny, Bob et all for loving your work so much that it shows.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Pay $139.00 a night for a $39.00 a night hotel room. This place was the pits, both inside and out. Room was shaby and in need of total gutting and remodeling. This hotel must be one of the first ever built. The toilet did not flush and bathroom door was hanging on one hinge. Carpets and furniture were filthy. Road noise from I-95 made it impossible to sleep. The old TV's barely worked with a couple of channels and terrible reception. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. They should consider tearing it down and starting all over again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Austin
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We didn't encounter any problems during our stay at the Residence Inn. I was suprised how large and comfy the double bed rooms were. We didn't need the kitchen but it was well equipped. The whole property seemed a little older, but well maintained. Breakfast in the lobby was adequate for a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Orlando
Reviewed 11 November 2009

For some unkown reason south jacksonville can be a difficult place to find a hotel at the last minute M-W, always has been. So when I travel there we stay on occassion at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows. It is an older Residence Inn and appears to be getting ready for a major renovation. Altough old the property is well maintained and amoung the other hotels nearby it is handsdown the cleanist and nicest, even the nearby Embassy Suites is the worst Embassy Suites I have every stayed at. I hope that after the pending renovations this hotel is top notch, but I do agree the breakfast is not great.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
midwest
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We had one room booked for one night while en route through Florida. The young man at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but had a mess of a staff on his hands. We were sent to not one, not two, not three, but four different rooms until we found one that had been cleaned. We lugged our bags from room to room and up and down steps and back to the office until finally the young man told us he would personally look at each room until he found us a clean one. The rooms we were originally sent to were trashed...food everywhere, TV on, lights on, beds a mess and this was 9pm at night! Front desk said that staff was not keeping up and the daytime desk clerk inputed the dirty rooms as available, not the clean ones. After going out to dinner, we finally checked into a clean room and the hotel gave us our stay for free. What a huge disappointment in a Marriott. The rooms was OK, but we requested two doubles and the only clean room was a king/sofa bed. Crowded and not comfy. We were happy that the front desk compensated us with a free room, but a bit much to go through when you are tired from traveling. The property is a bit run down, pool filter and hot tub runs very loud and the location was a bit remote and dark. Would not stay here again--there are better places to stop in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank beachkids4
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I knew what I was getting prior to my arrival at the Residdence Inn thanks to my fellow Tripadvisor reviewers. The Residence Inn was just as previously described...a "has been" in the Marriott world. Since I have a family of six, I have limited options in hotels. The layout of my "Penthouse" was very well done. It was 2 stories. A loft bedroom and bath was located upstairs. Downstairs was another bathroom, small kitchen, living room with a foldout, and another partitioned bedroom with a murphy bed. Surprisingly, the murphy bed was the most comfortable bed. The foldout was terrible!
The decor was very much early 90's and needed to be refurbished. The furnishings were all quite dirty and worn. The floor was very odd in that it had many "lumps" in it. The carpeting was tattered and dirty too. The outside of the unit was wooden and looked like it was in disrepair.
Breakfast was a hit. The hot buffet had scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, hash browns, waffles, pastries, bagels, cereal, yogurt, coffee, milk, & juices. The food was plentiful and tasty.
I would probably stay there again, but only because of its proximity to I-95 and how convenient it is for my travels. Marriott could & should do better....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family