“Definitely doing great business with a great staff!”

Studio 6 Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #82 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After seeing how far downhill the Motel 6 location right across the street had fallen, I decided to try this place. Never really tried a Studio 6 before, and for just a few dollars more than the regular Motel 6, a small kitchenette sounded nice in order to be able to cook my own dinner instead of going out like every other night on the trip.
What a pleasant surprise it was! A real nice front desk person got me quickly checked in, and all during that process, other employees, who I guess were finishing their shifts for the day, greeted me and made small talk as well. Just gives you a good feeling when the staff is nice and talkative,
That vibe wasn't incorrect, as I saw when I got the room. It was very clean, nicely arranged, and very well stocked in the kitchen area. All I had to do was go the nearby Publix and find what I wanted to cook for the evening.
All pots, pans, dishes, and utensils were very clean and everything in the kitchen was fully functional.
The bathroom was spotless, and the bed was comfy, with fresh smelling linens without any traces of rips, burns, or tears.
The a/c kept me cozy and cool all night long.
The outside appearance was well kept with nicely maintained landscaping.
Not a thing wrong with this location.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay on the south side of Jacksonville, skip over the other Baymeadows Motel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank StrayWolf716

Reviewed 23 December 2013

These people ought to be ashamed of themselves. They are guilty of false advertising. The website lies. The room smelled like smoke and did not get better. I bought some air freshener. I had reserved a non - smoking room online. The sheets & pillows were dingy & had stains. The towels were even worse. Those also had stains on them & some had hair on them. They were also dingy. It appears they do not use bleach on anything & if they do, they are not using it correctly. The carpets were very dirty. My bare feet did not touch the floor during my entire stay. I bought my own towels, my own pillow & blankets. The hotel was not safe either. I slept with the kitchenette light on each night. If you are thinking about staying here, please think again. I will never set foot in there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SabsM0114
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Cockroaches, house keeping is non existent. I know they only clean once a week, but it has been 10 days and they haven't cleaned once. Only offered to exchange towels, sheets, etc. When I asked them if I could borrow their cleaning gear such as a vacuum or broom, they always said it was out on the cart. The one time I was able to borrow the vacuum, it didn't pick up anything and had to use a broom to sweep the carpets. Oh, and don't pay the 5 dollars for the internet if you are not right up by the office, it won't work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank miki73753
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Came to hotel because it was close to where i needed to be. the staff was unfriendly and not helpfull in anyway. Paid for the internet did not work. there was trash in the trash can under the sink even though there was notices all over the room to place your trash outside funny thought that was part of my room charge. The carpet was nasty and room smelled liked smoke. there were had to get up early so slept on top of the covers because they were nasty. Not a safe place to stay some of there guest who stay here are shady went to get a soda and felt very unsafe walking back upstairs by my self. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Room Tip: None of them stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank meresab72
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Staff are very friendly and efficient. If anything needs fixing it is done asap, Grounds are well kept and pool is clean. Our clean queen size room was spacious and had good lighting. Get a lot of channels on t.v. Motel feels very safe and is quiet. Stores and restaurants are close by. Only basic kitchen supplies are provided so you may need to bring your own can opener etc.. In addition to housekeeping once a week your garbage and dirty towels are also picked up on another day (Friday). Clean towels are then provided. Wifi is slow. Much better during the day. Good weekly rates. We stayed 6 weeks.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon V
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was in shock when I found blackness on the tub and in the toilet. Mold? Or just dirty as heck? I am not sure but either way this room was horrible. My father and I needed to have access to the internet and found there was no free net to have. So instead, he had to drive over to Krystals to use their free wifi. What a joke to have to pay for net when every motel we have ever stayed in before gave that for free. The carpet was very dirty. Do these people know what cleaning is about or do they just swipe and say its done? These people need to learn how to run a motel and how to clean a room!! I hope this place dies. No one needs to stay in a place like this.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TWIB4000
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Upon checking in I had to pay cash for my room even though I reserved the room with my credit card. So after paying for my room with cash I were asked to put a dep of $25 down but refunded at check-out. So when I entered the room I went in to wash up after a 4 hour trip. The sink were stopped up and also the tub. Went to the front desk to report the problems of the stopped up sink and dingy towels to the GENERAL MANAGER said she were going over to fixed the problem. The problem wasnt fixed until the next morning. So the day I checked in, went out out to dinner, and some fun. An unknown black male knocked on my door Sat am @ 2am and again Sat night. So when I were at the pool talking to other guest I were telling them the experiences I were having and were told that this was a DRUG INFESTED AREA/HOTEL. Never I will stay at this hotel again or suggest that anyone stay there. Let me state this IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU HAVE PEOPLE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL WEEKLY (AS THERE HOME), DAILY, AND WEEKEND (VACATIONING).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple