“Good Home Cooking”
Review of Potters House Cafe

Potters House Cafe
Ranked #407 of 2,117 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Went to have lunch with a friend and was first of all amazed at the choices and the amount they served, I had the Smothered Chicken, Fried cabbage, Macaroni and Cheese. My friend had Ox tails, Greens and sweet potatoes. I tasted her Ox tails and wish I had room in my stomach to go get another meal. Everything I ordered and tasted from the friends plate was DELISIOUS, I would definitely recommend this spot as a MUST stop to eat. And don’t forget the deserts.(Pies, Cakes out of this world Peach Cobbler) Unfortunately they are closed on Monday’s (But even they need a day of rest)

1  Thank Dee Dee L

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Their food was so great that i will go back for more. The Oxtail meal i had was out of this world....I would take my friends there all the time.....

1  Thank lois o
Reviewed 26 November 2011

On Saturday afternoon we went to Potters House. My husband had the smothered pork chops with yellow rice, corn, macaroni and cheese and cornbread. The pork chops had a great flavor and were small-boned and not fatty but the gravy was too peppery for his taste. He indicated that the corn tasted like frozen corn which was fine by him since he prefers it. The highlight of his meal was the macaroni and cheese because it was very cheesy and smooth. I had the chicken tenders, fries, macaroni and cheese and cornbread. Everything had a great flavor especially the macaroni and cheese and the chicken which was made from really large chicken tenderloins and not pieces of chicken. Unfortunately, I did not leave any room for dessert but the pieces of hummingbird cake and red velvet cake looked delicious. The iced tea was average, neither good nor bad. The only stumbling point to our dining experience was that I had to wait about 10 minutes for my chicken and fries so by the time I received my entree I had already eaten the other side items and my husband felt guilty about eating his food while I sat waiting on mine. The servings were plentiful and the price was reasonable. The atmosphere in the bistro was open with plenty of room and everyone was helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Kerry500