“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #38 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. The staff was very professional and helpful wanted our stay to be as pleasant as possible.
The staff in the breakfast area were polite and very nice.
I stayed on a floor where no noise were allowed, which was nice because of the jetlag and the need for proper sleep.
The beds were really great, and I loved products on the pillow to help you to calm and relax.
The only thing that was sad, was that I got a rope the last night out of three. I'd wish I would get it from the start of the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We do want to thank you for letting us know about your stay. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and amenities, so I do apologize that we did not deliver fthe robe on the first night of your stay.

We would definitely like to see you again in the future! Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here on a drive to Florida where I had encountered horrendous traffic conditions. This hotel was a welcome respite. The lobby is large and open. There is a bar in the lobby which offers a limited menu. There is also a full service restaurant on the premises. I ate inthe bar which was very pleasant experience . The rooms are spacious . The beds are very comfortable ...and the price was reasonable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

We love to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Thank you so much!

We hope to see you again soo and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Great beds, friendly staff. Love the sleep tight products to help calm and relax. Go to the website Templespa.com
Indoor pool, keurig, great shower products and facilities
If you are on a business trip nice and quite rooms to unwind
Looking forward to my next visit

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Collette D
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The new sleep kits have been a great hit with our guest and we are glad that you had the opportunity use it.

Also,our beds are definitely a plus...some guests say its difficult to get out of bed because they are so comfortable.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crown Plaza on both ends of a 7-day cruise. The accommodations
were 1st class, and provided courtesy transportation both ways. Upon leaving the morning
of the final stay, the General Manager greeted us and engaged in a friendy conversation.
The room and all the facilities were extremely clean, and we will always return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you so much for rating our hotel. We really appreciate the nice comments and I will share them with my staff.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were quite pleased with our short stay at the Crowne Plaza. I initially booked the hotel for convenience arriving from a long flight, and was impressed right from van pick-up at the airport to check-in. I did not get the front desk agent's name; however, he was very professional and pleasant - plus gave us an upgrade due to a recent birthday, to the Executive Level.

I'm not sure if the previous negative reviews were from the regular hotel rooms, but our Executive Level room was extremely clean and modern, obviously recently updated. The bed was extremely comfortable, and there was little noise. The nicely decorated lounge has 24 hour access and provides hot beverages, soft drinks, and water, plus a comfortable sitting area with a big-screen tv. There were even ice cream bars and Mexican-style paletas, which were much appreciated after being out in the warm temps all day long. The only downside to the executive lounge is the computer was extremely slow and frustrating. If I were a business person relying on the computer I would not have been very happy. Wifi was very good and fast.

We ate in the restaurant the first night and though the staff were well-meaning and delightful, the food was unfortunately only passable - the only downside to this otherwise very nice hotel. We ate in as we did not have a vehicle - there is a mall perhaps a 20 minute walk from the hotel with dining options and you could conceivably walk to it. However, from what we could see there is no sidewalk and would be definitely unsafe at night with high-speed traffic coming off the freeway. There is a small convenience store right beside the hotel and a Waffle House as well.

Though not perfect, the Crowne Plaza met our needs for a stay near JAX and we would definitely consider returning, especially since we had excellent rates for the weekend.

Room Tip: Try to get an Executive Level Room if possible; weekends seem to be good value.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. All of our rooms are the same except the EL has the addition of lounge and complimentary refreshments. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

Our location is great as you mentioned. Next time you should check out the Rivercity Marketplace which offers over 100 shops and restaurants only minutes away and just a short shuttle ride which is provided by the hotel. I will share your comments regarding the food in the restaurant.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The location was convenient to every where we needed to get too. The great customer service started with a wonderful welcoming by Joi at reception. Our room was wonderful along with the amenities available to us. There are many shops and restaurants within in minutes. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. And everything was very clean!

Room Tip: We like the executive package...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. I will pass along your nice comments to Joi. She definitely is an asset to the hotel.

Our location is great as you mentioned. The Rivercity Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants is only minutes away.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I just spent two days at this hotel. I do not remember when I was so pleased and disappointed at the same time.
The Good: The staff was great, beginning with a positive check in when I asked for a room on the first floor to accommodate two bicycles. We needed to wait 30 minutes but were given a room near the end of a side door making it easy to bring the bikes in each day. That was really helpful. The room and bathroom was very clean. The large shower head a nice choice. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. There was a nice flat screen TV with plenty of channels. The room was quiet. The price was reasonable.
The Not so Good: The coffee maker (a keurig which I thought was a nice touch) had a mind of its own and brewed cold coffee. The air conditioning unit cover was not secure to the wall as I found out when I brushed against it during the night. We used the side door to exit in and out and saw the same cigarette butts by the door for more than a day before I asked the front desk if they could get someone to clean it up. They did. It suggests that no one was checking though. We left the room the first day at 9 am and returned about 3:30 to find that the cleaning staff had not yet reached us to straighten the room. Not enough help? The place didn't seem too busy. Finally the room keys worked fine to get in and out the side doors but would not open the room door. I replaced the keys but the problem continued throughout the weekend. I suspect it was the door but others on the hallway were experiencing the same problem.
Despite the issues I would stay at this property again if more attention is given to the details of making someone's stay hassle free. It really is a nice location and convenient to most things in the Jax area,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is with great regret and concern that we received your review detailing the many mishaps that you experienced with our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff. We understand your disappointment and appreciate the inconvenience this must have caused you.

There is no question that the service did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand. In our effort to improve the overall quality of our service, I have met with the immediate department heads and can assure you that we have addressed each issue.

I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation in the market is a key priority for us. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result.