“Nicer than expected.”

Ranked #35 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“Nicer than expected.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is an older hotel that has been very nicely renovated. The lobby area is well done, and the bar is nice. My executive level room was much nicer than most Crowne Plaza rooms, with new furniture and bedding. Bathrobes are included as well. There is a very nice executive level lounge with coffee and snacks. Service at the bar was excellent although the bar food was only fair at best. Value for the money at this hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: The executive level rooms are very nice; facing the space between the two buildings will make for a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel.

All of our rooms are the same except the Executive Level has the addition of lounge, complimentary refreshments, robes and safes. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

Our location is great. Next time you should check out the River city Marketplace which offers over 100 shops and restaurants only minutes away and just a short shuttle ride which is provided by the hotel. I will share your comments regarding the food in the bar.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My friends and I stayed here before and after our cruise last November. We had a wonderful stay here and the customer service from the front desk was good. The only downfall from our stay was the day that we checked out after our cruise and waiting on our room when we got off of the cruise. We had to wait for approximately 3 hours in the lobby for our room to be ready to check in after the cruise. While all of us were sleeping, the housekeeper came into our room and started cleaning two hours before check out time while we were still sleeping. She did not announce herself and we could barely hear her knock on the door. Besides these incidents, the hotel was wonderful. The room was very clean and the amenities were great. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Their early check in procedure could be much better for cruise guests and the housekeepers should definitely make sure their guests are out of the room before cleaning the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John M
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. We would like to apologize for the delay in getting into your room. Our normal check in time is 4pm and we try to accommodate early arrivals however on a nearly sold out night it makes it difficult.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.

Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The check in staff was amazing. For the most part the staff was great. I had two problems that bothered me. I left at 830 and returned at 130 and my room was not clean. The bed was not touched and the trash was not removed. Perhaps they did not have enough time to clean my room. Upon leaving, I parked in the front of the hotel temporarily to get cash from the atm. The bell hop asked me to move my car in the middle of my ATM Transaction. Really? He saw me place all my things in my car. I was so insulted that as I was pressing the keys he asked me to move my car becasue he was expecting a van. Who does that.
The location is great and close to many places to eat as well as the airport. I did not have the chance to have breakfast or any meals at the hotel nor did I have time to try the spa service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for your candid review! It's great to hear that our front desk staff made such an impact on you and I will definitely give the staff the recognition they deserve!

We pride ourselves on exceptional service and amenities, so I do apologize that we did not deliver this time around. Please be assured, we take your comments seriously and that we will make every effort to see that the concerns you raised are addressed. We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests. When we fall short of that goal, we want to know about it. Thanks to feedback like yours, we can address problems quickly. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads who oversees this area and his management team, for review of your concerns.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Jacksonville to a Make-a-Wish child's wish come true. The hotel we stayed in was comfortable, quiet, and affordable for the quality. The bar was very nice. The pool was nice, but it closes early, so if you want to enjoy it, it has to be in the daylight.

Otherwise it was perfect!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy some of the amenites the hotel offers.

We apologize for the pool closing early, It is a Florida law that the pool must close at dusk.

Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were headed on a cruise for a family vacation, our original hotel we had reservations was under construction and had no swimming pool for our kids to swim in. The desk staff at Crowne Plaza got us a room for that day (ask for Latoya - she is GREAT!) The hotel is spectacular, with an indoor/outdoor pool. Very updated and clean. Everyone was friendly - it helped make the start of our vacation that much better. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review on our hotel. We hope you had a great time on your cruise.

We appreciate the nice compliment about LaToya. She is a good employee and we are proud to have her as part of the Crowne family. I will share your comments with her.

Again thank you and we hope to see you back in the future.

Mark Kane
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The staff was great from check in to the time we checked out. The breakfast buffet was nicely priced. The dinner was just as good as the breakfast was. Location is near the airport, many shops and resturants.

Room Tip: try the breakfast buffet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.
I have shared your nice compliments with our Food & Beverage Managers as well as the Chef.

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will stay with is again in the future. The Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport was awarded the Quality Excellence Award and Turning Point Award from Intercontinental Hotel Group for 2013. These awards are based on guest comments and their satisfaction with our property.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

After much research on hotels near the airport, I'm glad I picked the crowne plaza. I stayed in the executive king room. I'm not sure if the standard rooms look as nice as these, but the room decor was nice and comfy. The bathroom was a little small, but it was still nice. The hotel has a nice lobby, pool area, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
We love to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Thank you so much!

All rooms are identical except on the Executive Level you have access to the Lounge which offers specialty coffees, teas, sodas, whole fruit and snacks.

We hope to see you again soon!