“Nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Convenient location for the airport, but not for downtown and the beaches. Service was good and the hotel was clean with fairly comfortable beds. Had a pretty pool that went from the inside to the outside, but the downside is that the hotel smelled like chlorine when I walked into it. Meeting facilities and food were great. The a/c is too high so the rooms were very cold. Staff was very nice, but one staff member gave an awful recommendation for a nearby seafood restaurant. The place was basically a fast food joint with a dirty aquarium. Did find good seafood at the Millhouse Steakhouse. Great place to eat! Excellent servers at breakfast time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your candid review! It's great to hear that our staff has made such a great impact on you and I will definitely give the staff the recognition they deserve! They, as well as our entire staff work hard to take care of every guest.

Sorry that you did not enjoy our beds…this is one of the amenities that our guests always rave about. Also, regarding the AC in the meeting rooms, next time mention it to the instructor as they are the one in charge of the room.

Our location is great as you mentioned, seconds from the freeway with lots of shopping and restaurants in the Rivercity Marketplace only minutes away with over 100 restaurants and shops.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. We heard no noise from the airport or from other rooms, and the hotel was full at the time of our stay.
We also enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and spent time relaxing in the large atrium area when a thunderstorm passed through.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are very proud of all the wonderful renovations that we have done including the pool.

Our beds are very comfortable and we are glad you had a good night sleep. Our double pane windows really keep away any noise from the outside.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you guys back soon!

Mark Kane

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went to Florida for the Rockfest. Came in from sw louisiana tried to check in, it was 330 pm. The nasty clerk informed us that they had no smoking in their hotel, my daughter asked her how we got reservations 2 weeks prior for smoking? With eyes going up and around and with attitude, she itold us we would have to wait til some ' truckers ' got out of our room. With everything said and done we went across the street to the Hyatt where they were happy to put us up for 2 days for half the cost. PS the same nasty clerk made my son cancel his reservations for being rude.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Cynjackson,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 April 2014

RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!! My mother, my sister and I drove over from Lake Charles, La to meet my brother for the ROCKVILLE concert. We've had a room reserved for a couple of weeks. We arrived around 2:30 pm to check in. I told the front desk clerk that I had a reservation for two nights, in a smoking room with 2 beds. The clerks response was that the whole facility was non smoking. Confused, I asked why/how I was able to book a SMOKING room if the hotel was all NON-SMOKING. She rolled her eyes, exhaled quite loudly, and said our room wasn't ready. We understood and were fine with that. I asked the clerk if she knew about how long it would be before our room would be ready, and as if I was keeping her from something more important, she replied with a snappy attitude, around 4pm. She then turned her back as if the conversation were finished. Although I was becoming extremely aggravated, I calmly and politely asked her if I could go ahead and register and pay for the room now.... just to get that part out of the way... The front desk clerk responded with a slightly raised voice, " How do you expect me to check you into a room if there isn't one ready yet?", Then again turned her back to continue whatever she was doing. The lady could have simply said "no", or "you have to wait until it's ready."
Not feeling very welcomed, I stepped outside to discuss things with the rest of my party. We decided that this place was #@^%$#@!@$#!!! and we would prefer to take our business elsewhere. I called and requested to speak to the reservation manager. I explained to him that the front desk lady was extremely rude and mean, and we would like to cancel our reservation due to the attitude of the staff. Surprisingly, the MANAGER that I was speaking with was a tad bit ruder than the desk clerk. He was not interested in anything I was saying and couldn't seem to get off the phone quick enough.
So we took our business across the street to the Hyatt where they greeted us with a warm welcome, friendly smile, and a classier environment. I was told The Crowne was a good place to stay, but the Hyatt is way better. I would NOT recommend THE CROWNE to my EX-HUSBAND and his WIFE!!.

Room Tip: If you want a clean, friendly, upscale hotel, pass this place up and go to the Hyatt.. (across the s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank arron b
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

It is with great regret and concern that we received your review today detailing the few mishaps that you experienced with our service. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff. We understand your disappointment and appreciate the inconvenience this must have caused you.

There is no question that the service did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand. In our effort to improve the overall quality of our service, I have met with the immediate department heads and can assure you that we have addressed each issue with our staff members. I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation in the market is a key priority for us.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is an older hotel that has been very nicely renovated. The lobby area is well done, and the bar is nice. My executive level room was much nicer than most Crowne Plaza rooms, with new furniture and bedding. Bathrobes are included as well. There is a very nice executive level lounge with coffee and snacks. Service at the bar was excellent although the bar food was only fair at best. Value for the money at this hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: The executive level rooms are very nice; facing the space between the two buildings will make for a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel.

All of our rooms are the same except the Executive Level has the addition of lounge, complimentary refreshments, robes and safes. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

Our location is great. Next time you should check out the River city Marketplace which offers over 100 shops and restaurants only minutes away and just a short shuttle ride which is provided by the hotel. I will share your comments regarding the food in the bar.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My friends and I stayed here before and after our cruise last November. We had a wonderful stay here and the customer service from the front desk was good. The only downfall from our stay was the day that we checked out after our cruise and waiting on our room when we got off of the cruise. We had to wait for approximately 3 hours in the lobby for our room to be ready to check in after the cruise. While all of us were sleeping, the housekeeper came into our room and started cleaning two hours before check out time while we were still sleeping. She did not announce herself and we could barely hear her knock on the door. Besides these incidents, the hotel was wonderful. The room was very clean and the amenities were great. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Their early check in procedure could be much better for cruise guests and the housekeepers should definitely make sure their guests are out of the room before cleaning the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John M

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. We would like to apologize for the delay in getting into your room. Our normal check in time is 4pm and we try to accommodate early arrivals however on a nearly sold out night it makes it difficult.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The check in staff was amazing. For the most part the staff was great. I had two problems that bothered me. I left at 830 and returned at 130 and my room was not clean. The bed was not touched and the trash was not removed. Perhaps they did not have enough time to clean my room. Upon leaving, I parked in the front of the hotel temporarily to get cash from the atm. The bell hop asked me to move my car in the middle of my ATM Transaction. Really? He saw me place all my things in my car. I was so insulted that as I was pressing the keys he asked me to move my car becasue he was expecting a van. Who does that.
The location is great and close to many places to eat as well as the airport. I did not have the chance to have breakfast or any meals at the hotel nor did I have time to try the spa service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for your candid review! It's great to hear that our front desk staff made such an impact on you and I will definitely give the staff the recognition they deserve!

We pride ourselves on exceptional service and amenities, so I do apologize that we did not deliver this time around. Please be assured, we take your comments seriously and that we will make every effort to see that the concerns you raised are addressed. We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests. When we fall short of that goal, we want to know about it. Thanks to feedback like yours, we can address problems quickly. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads who oversees this area and his management team, for review of your concerns.