“Nice”

Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Canton
“Nice”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before we went on our honeymoon cruise and found it a very nice place. Everything was clean and well-made and the night staff was very helpful. I would certainly reccommend this place to anyone who is cruising. It is definitely the best value. We will be staying again for our next cruise!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
It was a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and thanks very much for writing to us. We hope to welcome you back at the Best Western again in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Whitsett nc
Reviewed 13 August 2012

would not stay here, floors dirty, beer caps behind furniture, No manager on duty.....on the positive side the shuttle to cruise was fast reliable and very courteous drivers. Desk clerk was very rude......

Room Tip: look before you take a room here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RON G
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear RON G,

Thanks for writing a review on my hotel. I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and will certainly look into the issue and consult with the Housekeeping Manager. I do hope you will give us another chance. If you are ever going on another cruise please ask for me and I will make it special for you.

Again, Thanks for your comment.

General Manger
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

True, the Best Western is a good place to stay if you are going on a cruise, and typically has wonderful customer service; however, last weekend was not the case. The following is a copy of the email I sent to BW with no response. I am very disappointed as I stay there about 2-3 times a year and typically multiple nights:
Email:
I booked a stay with this hotel a month ago (mid-June) over the phone. Fortunately; or so I thought, everything would be ok because when I called, the young lady knew who I was & said she would be putting us in the same room that we always stay in when we are there, which is about once every 3-4 months. Imagine my surprise when I arrived on Friday evening and there was no record of my reservations. Not only was there no record of my reservations, but the young lady working the front desk offered no other room the entire time that I was standing there, even when I asked someone what the name of the hotel across the street was... It is a disappointment to me because we normally get great customer service from everyone. The bottom line is not that something may have happened to our reservations, but that no other room was offered nor did she say whether or not that they were full. It's a shame, because I travel to Jacksonville a lot.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gaCruisergirl
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear gaCruisergirl,

Thanks fro taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed that you stay was not as enjoyable as it normally is and I sincerely apologise for that. I would as that the next time you visit our beautiful city and make your reservation please ask for me and I will find some way to make this up to you.

Again, i sincerely apologise for your experince.

sissy in houston
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Best Western airport is a good place to stay if you fly in and are going on a cruise.They provide transportation both from the aiport and the cruise terminal.Staff is very nice and helpful.Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sissy2007l
Dear sissy20071,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please recommend us to your friends and relatives that in case they are in this area and will be looking for a place to stay they will choose us.

Again, Thanks for your kind words.

Stuart, Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Lovely place, clean room, nice staff...I would recommend this hotel. Reasonable rates.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear missyeller,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on my hotel and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please recommend us to friends and family that might be passing through and need a comfortable clean place to spend the night. We also have great Cruise Package rates for anyone going on a cruise.

Once again, Thanks.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We used the Best Western, as suggested by friends, during our recent cruise out of Jacksonville to the Bahamas. For a very reasonable rate we were able to park our vehicle for the week and get a ride to and from the port. The staff and owner were all very pleasant and the room was clean and comfortable. It was wonderful to come off of the ship and find our transportation waiting for us... Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Javajive29
Dear javajive29,

Thanks for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and was satisfied with all aspectes of your experience with us. Please recommend us to your friends and family if you get the chance. If you happen to do this again I do hope that you will choose to stay with us.

Once again, Thanks.

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Fly in and out of JAX because it's much cheaper than Savannah. Hotel is really close to the airport, but no jet noise. They don't use the wall phone in the airport any longer, so you have to call to get the free shuttle. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. I asked for a quiet room, and that's what I got. The free breakfast was OK and way cheaper than airport food. The Waffle House is near by for the midnight munchies. Took the shuttle back to the airport the next morning to get my car. Saves a day of car rental rates. For the low rate I paid, superior quality.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sgbelverta
Dear sgbelverta,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for my hotel and I am very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay and would ask that if you have friends or relatives coming to the area to recommend us to them. Of course, if you are ever in the area again please stay with us.

Thanks again for your review