“Good Value”

Ranked #51 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Mt. Juliet, TN
“Good Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I chose this hotel because it was by the airport and I had a late evening arrival. I booked the room through the Best Western website and felt it was a good deal. The room was not just a basic room..........it did have contemporary furniture and looked nice. I didn't sleep that well....you can hear people walking outside, closing doors, etc. After 2 a.m., the fire alarms went off and the fire truck arrived. We were never told if there was a fire or not. They couldn't get the alarm to stay off. It kept going on and off for a long time. I know the unexpected can happen, but the staff should know exactly what protocol to follow. I parked near the office and when I went to my rental car the next morning, the back wiper had been twisted and hanging down on the car, not up on the window where it should have been. Over all it was still a good value, but I think I will spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere where they have interior room doors.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear luvtammy
mt juliette, TN

Thank you for your review and candoury and honesty. I apologize for the Fire Alarm disturbance. The report from the Fire Department was that some idiot pulled the handle of one of the Pull Stations. I woud hate to know that it was a guest that did that and there is no way really to prove or disprove the fact. As for the windshield wiper of your car I also apologize but as the saying goes the Devil always seem to find work for idle hands.

It is good to know that you did have a fairly decent stay overall and would encourage you to reconsider staying with us again if youu are in the area.

Thanks very much for your business.

Cecil A. Grant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tallahassee,FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel was horrible. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The first alarm went off at 3:00 abnd it kept going off for two hours straight. I had to change rooms twice, and the third room was worse then the first two....Please do not stay here, spend the extra money. Its worth the comfort.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Kris B
Tallahassee

I apologize for the less than enjoyable experience with the Fire Alarm going off at that time of the morning. Sometimes things of this nature are beyond our control and we did contact the proper authorities. Obviously the problem was more serious that originally diagnosed thus the length of time to have it resolved. We however believe we have it finally solved and I assure you that on your next trip you will not have a similar experience.

Again I do sincerely apologize.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

You get what you pay for at this hotel. They only had 1 elevator working so we had to wait forever to get anywhere. Also, room service starts bright and early so make sure you're up or have the privacy setting on your door. It also has very tiny bathrooms and it's VERY noisy, you hear everyone around you at all hours of the day or night. The continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mishler9812,

It breaks my heart to tell you this but I know you have the hotel you want to review confused with my Best Wester Hotel at the Jacksonville Airport. We do not have any elevators at my hotel and also we do not offer Room Service as we are a Limited Service hote at the Best Western Hotel at the Jacksonville Airport.

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience where you stayed but if you are ever in the area again please give us a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Best Western Jacksonville Airport
Canton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before we went on our honeymoon cruise and found it a very nice place. Everything was clean and well-made and the night staff was very helpful. I would certainly reccommend this place to anyone who is cruising. It is definitely the best value. We will be staying again for our next cruise!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
It was a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and thanks very much for writing to us. We hope to welcome you back at the Best Western again in future.
Whitsett nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

would not stay here, floors dirty, beer caps behind furniture, No manager on duty.....on the positive side the shuttle to cruise was fast reliable and very courteous drivers. Desk clerk was very rude......

Room Tip: look before you take a room here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RON G
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear RON G,

Thanks for writing a review on my hotel. I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience and will certainly look into the issue and consult with the Housekeeping Manager. I do hope you will give us another chance. If you are ever going on another cruise please ask for me and I will make it special for you.

Again, Thanks for your comment.

General Manger
Statesboro, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

True, the Best Western is a good place to stay if you are going on a cruise, and typically has wonderful customer service; however, last weekend was not the case. The following is a copy of the email I sent to BW with no response. I am very disappointed as I stay there about 2-3 times a year and typically multiple nights:
Email:
I booked a stay with this hotel a month ago (mid-June) over the phone. Fortunately; or so I thought, everything would be ok because when I called, the young lady knew who I was & said she would be putting us in the same room that we always stay in when we are there, which is about once every 3-4 months. Imagine my surprise when I arrived on Friday evening and there was no record of my reservations. Not only was there no record of my reservations, but the young lady working the front desk offered no other room the entire time that I was standing there, even when I asked someone what the name of the hotel across the street was... It is a disappointment to me because we normally get great customer service from everyone. The bottom line is not that something may have happened to our reservations, but that no other room was offered nor did she say whether or not that they were full. It's a shame, because I travel to Jacksonville a lot.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gaCruisergirl
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear gaCruisergirl,

Thanks fro taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed that you stay was not as enjoyable as it normally is and I sincerely apologise for that. I would as that the next time you visit our beautiful city and make your reservation please ask for me and I will find some way to make this up to you.

Again, i sincerely apologise for your experince.

sissy in houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Best Western airport is a good place to stay if you fly in and are going on a cruise.They provide transportation both from the aiport and the cruise terminal.Staff is very nice and helpful.Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sissy2007l
Dear sissy20071,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please recommend us to your friends and relatives that in case they are in this area and will be looking for a place to stay they will choose us.

Again, Thanks for your kind words.