“Yep, never coming back here again...”

Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Yep, never coming back here again...”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My boyfriend has been in the Army for about a year-and-a-half now, so we've stayed in countless hotels...we figured that this wouldn't be too different.
Checked in at 10 p.m. and realized that the room wasn't getting any cooler...the a/c was hardly blowing any air! Went to the front desk and politely asked to be moved to a new room. Tried out the second room, and it wasn't much better. This began to frustrate me since I had already paid $65 for one night...for a hot room? Once again, I went to tell the lady at the front desk and her and another co-worker acted as though I was this delirious customer. The a/c in these hotel rooms completely suck...hardly blowing any cold air! We were moved to a third room that was slightly better, but still disappointing. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

the Best Western at jacksonville airport is a great place for my stopover visits. great staff, superfriendly, Nice little pool for a break at days end. Couldn't ask for more for the great price. I LOVE Best Western.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Dana H,

Thanks for completing the survey and I very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Checked in at 3:45pm on 7/27/13 and checked out at 4:10pm on 7/27/13. Upon inspecting my room I found black mold growing on both sides of the dust ruffle. Completely disgusting. I reported my findings and shared my pictures with the front desk, but there was no manager on site at the time. I will be reporting this hotel to the corporate office. I am traveling with my two small children and there is no way I would stay in this hotel. I prepaid this room using Priceline and it is non-refundable.....but I would rather be out this money than spend one more minute at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Amy1174
Dear amy1174,

Thanks for completing the survey and I apologize for the horrible experience. I will be looking into that situation and have it corrected.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend prior to my cruise... Pool is nice as well, they do serve waffles at breakfast.. Rooms r equipped with microwaves and refrigerators... Bed was a bit hard but what the heck- it was only for 2 nites. :-) location was perfect-- in the airport vacinity and free shuttle and pick up to cruise port when u book with them directly-- overall-- great stay and I will stay again -- thank u-- Happy Travels

• Stayed July 2013
Dear suzzz61,

Thanks for completing the survey and very happy to know that you had a good time.
Hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed here on a family trip. We are diamond members because we stay obviously at best western very frequently. I read reviews here and expected great service at least. They must have a completely dif staff then any from reviews here. The rooms were fine. We had 2 and they were clean and comfortable. No problems. So if you are coming here, not really any worries there. However...staff....AWFUL is all i can say, and thats being nice. At checkin, my dad requested a room downstairs because he has extremely severe neuropathy in his feet and legs. It causes his feet to go numb at any moment and very painful. They told him that they had no rooms downstairs to give him. Except that we were checking in at 2pm and the parking lot was empty. I understand availability and all, but i would assume first come, first serve. He explained his disability and asked if he could at least change the next day, as we were booked for 6 nts. With a attitude the desk clerk says 'oh i dont know. you have to see if anyone checks out.' and went on to something else. Im sorry to be so rude, but the huge lady at the desk giving the attitude treated him like he was just too lazy to take the stairs. Im afraid to inform her, that while she might be too big and lazy, that is not my dads problem. His is health. On top of that, he rqsted to at least be close to the pool so he could take my kids swimming and not have to walk far, which is also a problem. They tell him the room is right around the corner from the desk. It turned out to be a room in the verrrrry back of the hotel, the very last back row of rooms. To get to the pool, you had to walk down 3 corridors and a flight of stairs!!!! They never changed his room and on the 3rd day, while coming down the stairs, his foot went numb and he was unable to feel the step and fell the last 3. Best western should be very glad it was him that fell and not me. I would not be as nice as he is being about it. Ok, so next was housekeeping. First day, DND sign is in the door. In walks the housekeeper anyway. We tell him to get out because i was in the middle of the room getting dressed!!! And he just continues to ask my husband if we need anything. My husband was sitting at the desk right beside the door and this guy never knocked. ok, a couple of days later, the lady cleaning rooms... same thing. DND sign on door and in she comes. My husband tells her we dont need anything..she asks nothing?? he says no. She says No trash? No. No towels? No. If i have a dnd sign, i dont want anything so quit persisting. And last...I had to print some licenses from the lobby computer. The printer would not print. I asked the FD to check it. she never does. so finally i write everything down instead. But because I had already pressed print, it was showing it still needing to be completed. I told the girl i had something that would eventually print if she or anyone else got it working and it had my personal info on it and I did not want it left. She got nasty and said there was no reason for it to not be working. Still never leaving her spot. So finally my dad comes in because he refuses to leave his info there to be found. Social security numbers, address ect. The girl finally comes from behind the desk while literally rolling her eyes and sighs this big huffy breath. She goes to the computer and says there is nothing there and she doesnt know why and would keep it if it finally prints out. we finally said screw it and left. The staff here is nasty and unprofessional and as a diamond member, well really what is the point in the loyalty to be treated like crap. We have however contacted corporate in regards to the room location issue. Absolutely ridiculous in service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear rmzkelly,

Thanks for completing the survey and I sincerely apologize for the less the satisfactory stay that you had. The young lady in question will be in my office and we will not be singing "Cum by ya". I do hope you will change you mind by the time you travel this way again.

Thanks again for completing the survey.

Loxley, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Sloowwww check in even though we were the only ones in line. Older hotel but room was good. Room itself was clean and fresh but the shower curtain in the bathroom had a horrible sour smell. Didn't appear to be in the best part of town. Need to fix pot holes in the parking lot. Good price. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear stepstephenson,

Thanks for completing the survey. I will certainly address those housekeeping issues with the Housekeeping Manager. The pot holes is a capital expense and will be addressed at the next budget meeting at the end of September.

Thanks again for completing the survey.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

WE arrived at the hotel got our room key went into the room and there were beer cans on the tables, cigars in the toilet and cigarette smell in the room subway sandwich wrappers all over the place, when we went to the front desk told the girl and she gave me us another key to another room and the room was disgusting, the rug was wet and air was musty and couldn't sleep in the room It was like a humidity bath. Went to our car and slept in the car because I felt safer

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mauricelaw
Cecil10358, General Manager at Days Inn Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear mauricelaw,

Thanks for completing the review. I cannot imagine what happened here but I promise you I will get to the bottom of it. Please contact me at 904-741-4980 of email at cecil.grant@bwjax.net so I can get some more details such as the date of your stay the room numbers you were given and the time of day you checked in.

again thanks for completing the survey and I sincerely apologize for the terrible experience.