“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #51 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Mississauga, Ontario
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I seldom use Best Western because of an unfortunate incident many years ago but was stuck in Jacksonville, tired and they had a room.
The girl behind the front desk in the clean well lit lobby was pleasant and considerate. Seeing I was tired she offered me a room away from the noisy stairs and vending machines, nice touch.
The room was large, well fitted out and clean. The king sized bed seemed new, the sheets very inviting and we had an excellent nights rest.
Towels were large and thick, there were lots of mirrors and the only minor complaint would be the lighting rather dim.
The hot breakfast was sub-par but there was lots of juice, cereals, bagels and waffles so if there's a complaint about the breakfast, it is a very small one.
All in all I would definitely go back and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: This is a two floor building with no elevator but the second floors is quieter. The price is very go...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
brunswick, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is an older Best Western property, but clean and rooms are a good size. Nice pool. Best of all it is minutes from the Jacksonville Airport and they will keep your car while you travel. Continental free breakfast is one of the better. Not expensive ,not fancy but comfortable. Rooms have a frig and microwave.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We flew in from Boston, and as tho we had planned in the shuttle just happened to be there! Room was clean, which is what we expect! We were there less than 12 hours, shuttle took us back to airport to pick up rental car. And we used Best Western points to spend the night. Need soda in vending machines, not just snacks. Although there is a convenience store at the gas station right there. A great start to our vacation. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was in town for a wedding and the bride suggested this hotel. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with everything. Room was much nicer than expected, staff was beyond friendly. For this price, I was actually concerned it would be the opposite. I've stayed at much higher end properties and had much worse service. The staff here cares and you can tell. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Overall hotel is quiet and clean. Breakfast is good but could use a bit more variety.Staff on the day of my arrival was pleasant and very helpful. I stay at hotels at least once a week and this one i prefer even though there is 3 around this one that accepts my corporate card i always stay at this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

On the plus side, staff were very friendly and helpful. Price was low. Breakfast was better than most continental, but still very limited. On the minus side: Room was dirty with dusty corners. There were small mold spots on ceiling in shower. We found a pair of dirty socks, left in plain sight, in a chair left by previous guests. We had a pipe dripping right outside the door, creating a wet and slippery walk into room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 807denisel
Hartsville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I first rate my stay by if my special requests are honored. I requested a ground floor and was given one. Hotel is close to airport and they also have a park and cruise deal. We did not use the pool or fitness room so I can't comment on those but the room was fine and the breakfast was good. Would stay here again if I find myself in Jacksonville. I prefer Best Western because I rarely am disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family