“Make sure you have realistic expectations. This is a 2 to 2.5 star hotel, nothing more.”

Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #65 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is clearly a has-been 80s/90s hotel with exterior access rooms that has been re-branded over time. Overall, the place is in fair condition and in-line with it's 2.5 star rating. We needed a place close to the airport that could get us to a 5AM flight on time. We didn't need anything fancy. The pool, WiFi and breakfast were nice perks.

Be prepared to encounter "Non-smoking" rooms that clearly weren't respected as such by previous guests and poor attempts to restore them to that condition by the hotel staff.

Free breakfast is average and surprisingly included something other than gluten-laden breads and cereals (e.g. something resembling eggs and sausage).

A decent pool, although we were "shocked" (metaphorically) by exposed wires protruding from the wall of the pool where apparently a light once existed. Good thing the lines weren't live. The grounds are fairly well maintained.

Overall, it met our expectations given the star-rating and low-rate. If we wanted something better, we would have upgraded to another hotel with a better rating and higher rate.

I would generally say that this hotel was a good bargain and met our needs. I wouldn't necessarily recommend staying more than one night.

Compared to some of the other 2 to 2.5 star properties on Airport Boulevard, the Best Western is the way to go.

Room Tip: "Non-Smoking" Rooms are hit or miss. Either express your expectations up front or be prep...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fsunole2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Beds are REALLY SMALL! If you have two adults and two kids there isn't enough space to sleep! There is no way to put it nicely you need two rooms. We've been Best Western fans for years and this is the first time I've been to one that I wouldn't return or recommend to someone else to stay. The staff is nice but I'm in pain from sleeping in a small bed with my spouse.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 June 2014

the staff was great, the breakfast was average at best. My biggest issue was the room. The bed was uncomfortable, the pillows provided no support (I had to use 3 and still couldn't get comfortable), but the kicker was the dampness. I live in the Southeast so humidity isn't a shock, but I've never stayed in a room this damp in my life. The AC was set to the low 70s and it was like sleeping in a cold damp cave. When you touched the sheets on the bed you immediately stuck to them due to the dampness, it was like trying to breath through a wet washcloth all night. I'm glad we only stayed one night, any more and I think there's a good chance of getting sick in those conditions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed here the night before we left on our cruise with carnival to the Bahamas.
Clean rooms, excellent breakfast. The service from the hotel to cruise terminal was very convienent. They brought us and picked us up for 10 bucks a person. If i ever cruise out of Jacksonville agin i will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sbraud
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in March 2014. The room was clean, though not sparkling, because it is an older property. It looks good from the road, but you can see the pimples up close. Be warned there is no elevator in this two level property! My room had a sign that said No Smoking and if you do and the cleaning crew finds out, you will be charged extra. Well! So what I saw was a guest smoking on the balcony and the smoke drifted into my room. When I went to get ice, there was a man smoking in that space and loading up ice to fill his ICE CHEST! So much for no smoking.

Here is what was peculiar. The stopper in the sink was broken making it difficult for the water to drain. I left a plastic knife propped under the stopper as a visual clue to the problem, but when I returned to my room the first night, the problem was not fixed and the plastic knife had been removed. I decided to fix it myself, only when I looked under the sink, the whole contraption was broken. Since I was gone all day I was just too tired to hang around for a fix that might not happen.

I would stay here again if I could get a first floor room. The continental breakfast was OK, but two mornings there were no sausages or bacon, they were out of waffle mix, and the eggs were these little round, yellow disks. The desk staff were nice though. Cookies at 6 pm which I missed because it was usually after 8 pm when I returned to my room.

Room Tip: If you need to put a lot of things in your room, be forewarned there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jackieb133
Reviewed 11 May 2014

nice hotel. moderately priced, clean and comfortable. friendly staff. suitable for families traveling through JAX. no restaurant on premise. breakfast available in lobby, continental and some microwave offerings

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MG753437
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nice hotels and rooms, it was a bit deceiving from the pictures but it is like the Florida standard outdoor catwalks. I loved that idea made me feel more on vacation. But if you have lots of luggage there is NO elevator to the second floor.
Clean. rooms, verry nice staff, great pool :-)
Breakfast ends at 9am even on the weekends which is dissipointing

Room Tip: No stairs to second floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family