“Renovation!!”

Ranked #25 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Renovation!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stay at this Fairfield Inn when we pass through Jacksonville. It is an older hotel but the staff there is exemplary! When I stayed there with my family this past weekend, I was pleasantly surprised at the updates. Brand new decor throughout. Now it doesn't only have great personnel, the rooms and the ambiance is wonderful as well. Good job!!

Room Tip: Have never been unhappy with the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you very much for the great ratings and for your feedback! We are pleased to know that you found our new product attractive and that in addition to our outstanding customer service we are hopefully on the way to perfection 

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were staying at this property while visiting family and sightseeing. We have been on the road all month and have stayed at many hotels during this trip and this is by far one of the best ones. Check-In was very pleasant, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only real problem I could see with the room was that when we pulled the sofa bed out there were no sheets on the bed which for me was a little disturbing. Other than that, an excellent room. I did notice that the hotel was under construction and can not wait to come back and see the new look next time were in Jacksonville. I had woke up late and was trying to rush to the airport and make my flight back home. The front desk clerk, Candice, was very helpful in getting us to the airport fast and even left the desk to take us herself. Service is A+ here and the staff was just wonderful. Thank you all for a wonderful trip back home!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the great ratings and kind words! We regret that we are unable to make our pull out sofas ready to be used ahead of time due to brand standards, however please note that we will gladly have a team member ready to set that up for you at your future visit. We are excited to let you know that we already have rooms available with the new product so please come and stay with us at your next visit to Jacksonville. Feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your upcoming reservations.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My family and I had reason to stay at a hotel near Jacksonville Airport on the night of March 16. I chose Fairfield Inn based on my experience at other locations in the US. However, this location did not fit the bill.

For those of us who are used to a certain standard when staying at a Fairfield Inn, this hotel will meet your expectations in some areas. The staff was very welcoming and helpful as they assisted us in finding a bottle opener/corkscrew and with printing our boarding passes. The breakfast was standard Fairfield quality including the usual hot and cold food. The breakfast staff replenished items as quickly as possible.

It’s in the room that the standards fell short . . .

When you walk into a Fairfield Inn room, you typically see crisp, white sheets and pillows. They are usually so inviting that you can’t wait to go to bed. At this location, the sheets were old, wrinkled and looked tired. The pillows were lumpy . . . the lumps being visible through the very thin pillow cases.

The bathroom was old-school style being divided into two areas. The toilet and shower/tub were in one room and the very small sink area was separate. I have not seen this type of bathroom set-up for a very long time. The way the sink and closet were situated, you couldn’t help buy brush back sides with anyone who was hanging up their clothes. Cute, but not particularly romantic when you are rooming with your brother !

The in-room chair had a leg so badly broken/repaired, I was afraid to sit in it. Not to mention, I would not have had room for my legs because there was so little room between the chair and the bed.

The worst part of the room? The VERY THIN walls. In the adjacent room was a family with a young baby. How do I know this? The baby cried at 11PM and 5AM. The walls were so thin, we could hear the parents speaking to the child (word for word). It was as if the crib was less than a foot from the head of my brother’s bed, with no wall in between. In fact, it seemed that the family was departing at 5AM as we could also hear drawers opening and closing as they packed their bags.

Just after getting back to sleep at 6, a group of travellers started their motorcycles and revved them several times before departing the parking lot, which was just outside our window. This proved that not only are the walls thin, the windows are as well.

Also, I can’t remember the last time I stayed in a hotel with no room safe.

The good news? We did not hear any airplanes departing or arriving at Jacksonville airport.

I can only speculate that Fairfield Inn took over another hotel property and called it their own. All I can say is, put a rush on the upcoming renovations and I hope the plan includes some structural changes along with the cosmetic ones. Until this happens, I will not stay at this hotel nor can I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The walls are so thin, I'm not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret that we didn’t live up to your expectations even thought our staff was welcoming and attentive to your needs. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back as we already have rooms available with the brand new look. Feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can assist you with making your upcoming reservations.
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stay at Marriott hotels whenever we can. There are several at the JAX airport. We've stayed here several times. The Fairfield is a very nice hotel, with a very nice staff. No complaints. Room was a good size for 3 people - two queen beds, spotless, $99 rate on a Wednesday night. Free shuttle service to the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and for the great ratings! We are very excited to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning. We appreciate your business and can’t wait to be your host while visiting Jacksonville in the near future.
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is a great hotel for an overnight stay before or after flying in to Jacksonville Airport. Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. They have a great free breakfast in the morning to get you on your way. It's what you'd expect from a Fairfield property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for the great ratings! It has always been a pleasure to serve our customers and we are delighted to know that we have met your expactations.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I flew into Jacksonville airport and spent most of my time working another review for the military. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn at the Airport. They were remodeling the 3rd floor but placed me on the first floor and I was "completely" satisfied with all the regular and additional customer service I received while staying there, to even assisting to get a nearby restaurant to bring me supper while I was working on a report. I was especially impressed for the customer service from Kandace Williams and from Tammy (no last name) who was on the evening shift. I highly recommend them to received some type of verbal or written accommodation of "excellent customer service" Thank you. LtCol Robert J HIlsman, USAF. (robert_hilsman@hotmail.com)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you very much for you feedback and great ratings. I have shared your comments not only with Tammy and Kandace, but also the entire staff. I feel much honored to have the opportunity to be a part of such a great team. Our success depends on your satisfaction and we are very happy to know that our team delivered on our promises. We also hope to see you again in the near future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We met our son and family here to go to my brother's funeral in April. They got a first floor room and we were on the second floor. I was worried about them being so close to the action but everything worked out fine . . better than fine. The staff was so nice to all of us and we felt very secure. We also enjoyed having nearby decent restaurants. I've stayed at other airport hotels but have never seen one so homey!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and great rating. We are very sorry about your loss and we regret that the reason for your visit was rather sad. However we are pleased that we were able to make you feel at home!