“AWESOME HOTEL/STAFF IS SOO FRIENDLY”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“AWESOME HOTEL/STAFF IS SOO FRIENDLY”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The hotel has just been remodeled and they have a beautiful hotel. The entire place is extremely clean and the staff was SIMPLY THE BEST!! Better than all the rest. From the shuttle driver to the entire staff I was treated like a... ROCK STAR! Seriously folks...they took us for a nice dinner and gave us warm cookies when we returned. When we were leaving for the airport they opened the breakfast early for us! This is why we are Marriott rewards members.
I give this place and AWESOME review! Don't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and you'll get it! This is the real Marriott experience!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank david b
Katerina O, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear David B

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. We do strive to make your stay the best there is and why we believe Marriott is a great brand. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope you come and see us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Airport. The reservation was booked for me so I didn't know what to expect; however, the experience was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and service oriented. They provided guidance on good places to eat, question about the area etc. A special call out to Patricia who was particularly attentive and friendly. The operations are run in a very efficient and professional manner---I have stayed at hotels with much higher room cost and much lower service quality. If you are looking for a good value and need to be near the airport, this is your best choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike e
Dear Mike e

thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad your stay was enjoyable. we do strive for outstanding guest service at all of our hotels and we appreciate your business and thank you for once again for letting us know how your stay was. Hope you come and see us soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My young daughter and I stayed at the Fairfield during our move from the Jacksonville area just recently. For three consecutive nights, we were welcomed with sincere greetings and genuine smiles from the front desk after very long days of dealing with packing teams, cleaners, and property managers. Our room was comfortable, clean, and inviting. The free wi-fi was much appreciated as I could get work done easily in the evenings. And although we were without my husband, I felt we were very safe and our car secure in the parking lot. The hotel is also just down the street from the River City Marketplace, an outdoor mall that offers plenty of shopping opportunities and restaurant dining.

We had one issue on the second day when the key card to our room wasn't working. But after a quick stop at the front desk, I was issued new cards and a desk clerk accompanied us to the room with a master key to ensure that there was no further problem. That little extra spoke volumes about the service.

The very best part of our stay, however, was breakfast. Not only was the provided meal delicious, the hostess/breakfast attendant welcomed my daughter and me like we were coming in for breakfast at the kitchen in her home. The whole experience was so enjoyed, my daughter asked me if we could come back and eat lunch and dinner there! In the midst of so much chaos going on at our house, her kindness each morning, coupled with the outstanding service we experienced overall, truly made us feel quite at home at the Fairfield.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann-Marie B
Dear Ann-Marie

thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We re so happy you had a great experience as we strive to proved great service for all of our guests. We have now completed our renovation and the hotel is back in all new condition. we hope you visit us again soon.
Chicago
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Somebody forgot to post in big letters when booking this Fairfield that it is UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Not a little, a lot of construction. Supposedly the rooms have been completed but they forgot to put in refrigerators and microwaves in the empty slots where they used to be. The bathrooms have really old, moulded plastic walls, not the full set in plastic tubs which are okay, but faux marble plastic panels. The lighting is an off color so being in the shower/toliet area is kind of let down. The hallways are the first thing that grabs you about the redo. You think to yourself 'sure they are still working on this' because the turquoise and brown attractive carpeting doesn't go with the mustard yellow walls. It is a strange combination that I haven't seen in any other Fairfields (I am writing from one now in another state). The front desk has NO CLUE where the airport is, yet this is the Jacksonville Florida AIRPORT Fairfield Inn. Didn't a manager think to print out directions to hand to guests when they ask. I would assume that since you are by the airport and the hotel comes before you get to the airport, you might ask exactly how to get to the airport at 4am when you have a 6am flight. The best I could get from the evening check in clerk or morning desk clerk was a blank state and a hand pointing off to the left.....somewhere that way. I have to say the saving grace of this hotel was the fabulous breakfast attendant, who, on a Saturday morning, put out the 6am start items at about 5:45am so we could grab a hot breakfast before leaving for the airport. That is a jewel not to be overlooked. That was complete consideration and going above and beyond. I would like to revisit this hotel when it is completed to see if it is better than my stay was. It was average, some issues and staff who may not have been quite trained enough to be left alone at the desk. It is convenient but there were a lot of better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the elevator or you will take a nice long walk
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheRealEstateGal
Dear Real EstateGal

thank you for taking the time to post your review. My apologies for the delayed response and for our renovations. we are now complete in our renovations and the hotel has all new rooms and lobby. The process of a renovation is never easy especially in trying to minimize the impact to our guests. we apologize for the inconvenience and but can assure you next trip in you ll find a brand new hotel. thank you
White Springs, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We recently stayed here on our way to visit family out of town. It was our second stay and we have been pleased both times with the cleanliness and service. We left our car while we flew to our destination using the shuttle to take us to the airport & pick us up. We couldn't have asked for quicker or faster service. Breakfast is included and while not gourmet, has pretty much everything anyone could ask for. They have recently remodeled and our room was very nice and comfortable. Staff are pleasant and helpful and we were able to walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner. We feel we get a really good value, free breakfast, airport shuttle & free parking for up to 10 days. If flying in & out of Jacksonville & need a place to stay and/or want to leave a car, this place can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Green Cove Springs FL
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We needed just a place to spend the night before an early long-haul flight and have to say I was a bit disappointed. The lobby and dining areas were in the midst of some remodeling which made things a bit confusing for a first-time visitor. The room was comfortable and adequate, but I didn't get a warm attentive feeling from the staff, even though I tried to be friendly. In the wee early morning hours while waiting for the shuttle to arrive for us, I was hoping for just a simple cup of coffee. I know that there are always specific hours for the full continental breakfast service, but my understanding is that most lobbies try to have fresh coffee 24 hours. The desk person started a new pot but did not appear to be happy about that. Later there was a bill snafu and I had some concerns about effectively solving it since we were overseas. However, I have to commend the personnel I worked through on the higher levels. They immediately addressed the situation and corrected it in a very professional and friendly manner. I was pleasantly surprised and very appreciative.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad I was able to assist you with the billing discrepancy however I do apologize for your overall experience which is not what we are about at all. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at your next visit to Jacksonville and I will personally make sure we will make it up to you and you will be 100% satisfied at your future visit with us. In addition we are in the final stages of our upgrade and we are excited to share the latest and greatest Generation 4 Fairfield package.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We were on our way to Port Canaveral started our drive Friday May 3 rd after work from NC. We grabbed one of the motel coupon books on the way. The front desk people were accomidating and friendly. The breakfest was pretty good. This hotel was recently renovated, the rooms were glean sigh comfortable beds. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments and for such a great rating. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and even more so knowing that you will come back to join us again. That is very rewarding!