“Great hotel in a convenient location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #32 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My Dad and I frequent Jacksonville a couple times a month and we decided to stay at this Fairfield Inn. Mario, Christina and Laurie were very kind and accommodating. Upon check in I was greeted and given a room promptly, and the room I requested suited our needs, it was roomy enough, clean and updated. The only thing that needs improvement is the tv channel selection, it could be better. Having a hand held shower in the bathroom was a plus along with the bath rails to get in and out of the tub after bathing. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and toiletries. The breakfast is very good, a lot of variety and plenty to choose from. They do rotate their main breakfast items, it isn't a repeat breakfast over and over again. If you are looking for a nice clean hotel with a friendly staff, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Andrew B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Steve Y,

Thank you for your great review! I will be sure to pass on your praise to Mario, Christina and Laurie. They are all great staff members for us.
I do apologize for the lack of TV channel selection, at the moment we are currently in the middle of an upgrade in TV service and our provider is still working on getting some of our TV's programmed properly. We should have notified you at check on of this issue.
I am glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities at the hotel and your stay in general. I hope that you will have a chance to come see us again!

Andrew

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here when our flight was cancelled. They gave us a very good "distress" rate and were friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and updated. The breakfast was good. It is what it is - it's not a fancy place and it's by the airport - but it's clean, updated, friendly, and was perfect for our needs. The outdoor pool is somewhat small just FYI in case that's important to you - but given the price and the size of the hotel, I am impressed that they even had a pool!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Andrew B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear DrASToronto,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I apologize it was under the circumstances that it was, getting a cancelled flight is never a fun task. Thank you for describing the amenities in the positive manner that you did, I'm glad that you got to enjoy our pool and breakfast. We appreciate your business, and hopefully you can come stay with us on a "planned" occasion next time!

Andrew

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and well appointed with a modern style. This was a convenient location as we flew in one day and left on a cruise the next and they even arranged for a shuttle to the cruise port that was less expensive than others I had checked into. Only disappointment was that I left a couple of travel brochures and my travel journal on a little shelf on the nightstand. The brochures were unimportant, but my journal included previous trips. When I realized I had left them we were already at sea with no phone service. I called as soon as we returned, but was told that they didn't have it. Can't believe housekeeping would throw out a handwritten journal that was like a book. Makes me wish I hadn't left a tip.

Room Tip: We were in room 110. It was quiet even though it was on the side by the parking lot and had easy acc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hal S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I can imagine how losing your travel journal must have made you feel. Putting so much time into something only to have it go missing must leave you with a disheartening feeling. I'm so sorry that happened to you. In regards to your experience staying the night at the hotel, I'm glad that our rooms, and our staff, were able to make a good impression on you. I can only hope that that impression was strong enough to bring you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed overnight before our international flight. Check in was easy and the front desk employees could not have been more friendly and accommodating. Beds were comfortable. Had an early flight, received a prompt 4am wake up with a shuttle to the airport at 5am. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Our culture is to provide superior guest service, and we're so glad to have had the opportunity to serve you. Looking forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Jacksonville!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

There are a great many hotels near the JAX airport with good staff but the staff at this hotel exceeds all expectations. From the front desk where Patricia greeted us with warmth and charm to our departure, the employees were simply amazing. We will return and only wish it was closer to our home.

Stayed: August 2014

Our culture is about providing every guest with a level of hospitality that goes above and beyond the call of duty. This is easy to accomplish when the staff genuinely cares about our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Every thing was Wonderful ,!The Room Service was very clean and staff was very proffessional, Breakfast was awesome. OUR ROOM WAS ALWAYS CLEAN ! I WOULD REFER ANY ONE TO THIS HOTEL ! I REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT FAIR FIELD INN JACKSONVILLE AIRPORT? Mrs Patricia who worked the front desk to check us in was very Awesome our whole stay we were there .I would give this hotel 5 ★★★★★ stars ! This will be home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hal S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We're so elated that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience that you came here to share it with the community. Our main quest is to provide each and every guest with the exact same type of experience that you encountered, and your comments are proof that we're making progress on that quest. Thank you for your kind words, Ms. Hearman. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This property has been newly remodeled and the redesign is similar to Spring hill Suites layout.

Check-in was fast and the I found the staff to be very friendly. Located just a few minutes from the airport, this is a good choice for a overnight stay.

The only negative is that there is no way to hook-up to the HDMI port on the living room TV, but you can hook up to the bedroom TV.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hal S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and the Jacksonville Airport strive to provide our guests with exemplary guest service and deliver the most welcoming atmosphere possible. So from all of us here at the Fairfield, we'd like to thank you for taking the time to share the positive experience you encountered while staying with us.